If I make morphs do you think it's okay...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

...to group them with the Die Trying morphs? I'm going to be giving them away,and basically, they're just some morphs he didn't have in his reserve, probably because they weren't needed for V4... like the belly button I made and a nose bump, both with dformers...

But for the sake of ease... does anyone think it's NOT okay to place them under Die Trying's folder tree and give them away?

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,044
    edited November 2012

I know with the die trying morphs you can pretty much do whatever you want. Need to read the license agreement again just to make sure lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

yes, I understand... I wasn't working with his morphs, I was working to fill in gaps in his morphs...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that! :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you mean..."insert them in the DieTrying category in Shaping/Parameters...", no, I'd rather see them as your own section, but using those categories/groupings...

You could also name the main 'folder' something like DieTrying Add-ons so it sits right next to it...

Or maybe make an 'Add-ons' grouping that would place yours in their own folder, within DieTrying, but still insert them in the 'main list'.

In any event, I would pick a different color scheme for the sliders...

edited December 1969

the problem would be you have to keep switching folders to find them... which I find bloody annoying having to constantly dig around. My thought was, since they're free morphs, and I'm adding free morphs to the mix, with whatever restrictions and/or freedoms Die Trying had (which I assume are 100% public domain, though I'm not sure...) I figure it would be easiest for the end user just to have them dropped into his folder tree.

I've only made two so far... will make more as I need them.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Wherever you put them, I would recommend that they be in your own folder to avoid the possibilities of overwriting files [present, past or future]. I'm still in 4.0 myself, but there's also a thing about each morph having it's very own name ... so while some liked to poke fun at the names I gave my little morphs, they never caused a conflct.

edited December 1969

Oh I absolutely plan on placing the DSF files in my own folder... but organizing them so that they show up under Die Trying's morphs in the shaping tab, maybe I was unclear.

edited December 1969

If you look at the way DieTrying's are already organized, you'll notice all of them are 'grouped' in subfolders...plus show up in the 'master' DieTrying list...if you make your folder a 'subfolder', they'll be in the 'main' list like the rest of them...but still separate.

screen35.png
    341 x 673 - 36K
    edited December 1969

I get that... but when I only have two morphs, it seems a little silly have a sub folder for each one. One is a belly button and the other is a nose bump... I'm only thinking it would be majorleague annoying to be working on the nose, then have to switch to wancow's sub folder just to add one morph... What I COULD do... tell me if this would be acceptable, is to have one under each. Say DieTrying/Nose/Wancow and DieTrying/Body/Wancow. Would that be acceptable?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Fine with me. ;-)

edited December 1969

I'm thinking I wrote pretty much what MJC was trying to tell me... just hoping I'm right...

edited December 1969

Actually I was thinking more like

DieTrying.../Addons/Nose Wancow1
    DieTrying.../Addons/Navel Wancow1

That way, they'd slip into the main list in order...but still be separate, in the Addon folder

edited December 1969

coolness, that is what I shall do! Thanks MJC!

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

I got several of your morphs, Wancow. They look pretty good. Thanks!

And it certainly helps to have a clear statement in your ShareCG notes as to exactly what's needed to use them in addition to Genesis and/or V4 figures--that's been a big gripe of mine for many works out there.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

I use those morphs a lot but I also miss some.
    Can't find good snubnose morphs :)

• edited December 2012

Very cool! I am very happy that you use my morphs and even happier if you complete them :)
    I am looking forward using them. Are you creating V4 or Genesis morphs?
    The V4 morphs are free without restrictions.
    The Genesis conversion by SickleYield is also free without restrictions.

I currently am creating some additional morphs too.

So far I have (nearly) finished

breastCleavage.obj
    chestLong.obj
    chestTrapeze.obj
    genitalWide.obj
    thighRound.obj (this one I was missing most, because the V4 thighs look a bit strange sometimes)
    waistWasp2.obj

But it will still take a longer time to release it, because I want to create several more I am missing. Especially some more breast options.
    Any other wishes?
    And - what is a "snubnose"?

Post edited by phoenix_5cdd55c6ee on
    edited December 2012

DT, first off, first time I've communicated with you, so thank you very much for the morphs you made.

I'm just doing Genesis as I don't use V4. I've added only three morphs, done in different ways as I need them and organized under your tree for convinience (mine and whomsoever downloads them).

Snubnose: here's all I can find:
    http://facesneverlie.blogspot.com/2008/12/snub-nose.html

On your morphs, ZamuelNow and I are both doing dialed characters using only your morphs.
    http://www.sharecg.com/wancow
    http://www.sharecg.com/ZamuelNow

Post edited by wancow on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I get that... but when I only have two morphs, it seems a little silly have a sub folder for each one. One is a belly button and the other is a nose bump... I'm only thinking it would be majorleague annoying to be working on the nose, then have to switch to wancow's sub folder just to add one morph... What I COULD do... tell me if this would be acceptable, is to have one under each. Say DieTrying/Nose/Wancow and DieTrying/Body/Wancow. Would that be acceptable?

That seems best. I'd like a more noticeable split but at the same time I can acknowledge that bouncing back and forth between multiple categories does have its minor annoyances.

Very cool! I am very happy that you use my morphs and even happier if you complete them :)
    I am looking forward using them. Are you creating V4 or Genesis morphs?
    The V4 morphs are free without restrictions.
    The Genesis conversion by SickleYield is also free without restrictions.

I currently am creating some additional morphs too.

So far I have (nearly) finished

breastCleavage.obj
    chestLong.obj
    chestTrapeze.obj
    genitalWide.obj
    thighRound.obj (this one I was missing most, because the V4 thighs look a bit strange sometimes)
    waistWasp2.obj

But it will still take a longer time to release it, because I want to create several more I am missing. Especially some more breast options.
    Any other wishes?

Been getting a lot of use out of the Genesis conversions of your morphs. A few I felt would be useful if you're interested and have time:

-Leg length: Wanting something to help make long legged females without explicitly making them super skinny. Alternate uses are making taller, superheroic males or dialing in reverse for shorter characters with rounder figures.
    -Neck length: Rather niche and specific, looking to replicate the look of women in some African countries (I believe Kenya is one but I forget). Alternate use is dialing in reverse to give shorter, wide necked appearances.
    - Bicep thickness: I often dial Arms Petite in negative to make thicker arms but it scales up the forearms rather sharply in higher settings. Would love to see something to counteract that or simply something that works well as a standalone.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

DieTrying said:

And - what is a "snubnose"?

WOah, wasn't easy finding any pictures of that!
    Here is one:
    http://sandiegorhinoplasty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/SDR-ProjectionTip-250x300.jpg

It's when the nosetip is pointing upwards.
    Common with babies and small children mostly :)