Removing runtimes from Poser?

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a way to remove runtimes or clear the whole list of runtimes from Poser (7, 8 and PP 2012)?

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

I mean all those you have imported yourself, not the ones that comes with the programs.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited November 2012

As I recall, highlight the runtime and click the - button at the bottom of the library panel.

Edit, no that isn't it in the current versions. Sorry.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Richard beat me to it but here is a pic for good measure. :)

RemoveLibrarys.jpg
    315 x 592 - 58K
    edited December 1969

Hmm actually it isn't working for me - hence my edit.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Works for me in Poser 8. you can only remove on runtime at a time, the selected one

Now I have to put it back again. :roll:

edited November 2012

Strange, I don't have that button in any of my libraries. At least not in Poser 8 or PP 2012, don't have Poser 7 installed right now.

p8lib01.jpg
    384 x 610 - 33K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Did you try clicking the triangle next to the name?

edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Did you try clicking the triangle next to the name?

You mean the one in the left side that expands the rumtime folder? Nothing happens other than the folder expands or collapses when I click it.

It's Windows 7 - 64, but I suppose that doesn't matter. And the latest Poser service packs are installed.

edited December 1969

Like:
    > [12] Poser 8 Content
    ^
    This triangle. Does it expand?

edited December 1969
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Strange, I don't have that button in any of my libraries. At least not in Poser 8 or PP 2012, don't have Poser 7 installed right now.

I don't get the icom on the Poser 8 Content Runtime but all the others do.
    edited November 2012

Well, I found the button now. But it's only visible when I choose to list a single runtime, instead of "". Here I have chosen to make it show only "Props":

p8lib02.jpg
    408 x 305 - 24K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Like:
    > [12] Poser 8 Content
    ^
    This triangle. Does it expand?

Yes, it works like it's supposed to do - expands and shows all the subfolders when you click it. And collapses if it is expanded.

edited December 1969

Are you able to highlight anything under and have the remove icon appear?

edited December 1969

jmper said:

Thanks, but that site makes my browser go nuts, the pages are totally messed up.

edited December 1969

Aha, yes setting Show Library to the one I wanted to remove brings up the - button. I will have to remember that next time this comes up.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

You can also go into your Appdata/Roaming/Poser/9 (for instance, if you have another version or want to do it for another version, just pick the one you want.)
    There is a xml file: LibraryPrefs.xml
    You can open that with editpadlite (or another text editor) and delete the runtimes you added. Than they will not show up in Poser anymore.

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Are you able to highlight anything under and have the remove icon appear?

No, I can't find anything that makes the button appear other than setting it to show only one runtime at a time.

But I guess I should have read the Help file first, for it actually says the same thing. It's a bit unclear though for first it says that the button appears when any other runtime than the Poser default is selected. Later in the text however it appears that it means "selected in the "Show Library" drop down menu", and not in the library itself.

Problem solved I guess. Thanks to all for your help....

edited November 2012

JeanneM said:
    You can also go into your Appdata/Roaming/Poser/9 (for instance, if you have another version or want to do it for another version, just pick the one you want.)
    You can open that with editpadlite (or another text editor) and delete the runtimes you added. Than they will not show up in Poser anymore.

Love, Jeanne

Thanks, I was thinking there must be a file like that but didn't know which one it was.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    JeanneM said:

Love, Jeanne

Thanks, I was thinking there must be a file like that but didn't know which one it was.

You're most welcome. I have a lot of external runtimes and use that to rearrange -when needed- my runtimes :)

Love, Jeanne