unable to open ds3 scene

BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,
I have a problem loading a particular scene into ds4. This scene has been created with latest version of DS3, it is not too big (24kB) and now when I try to open it with ds4 everything seems to load correctly, information panel closes then DS starts to do something (no scene elements are displayed) then crash!
The last message in the log file is “Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/…
There are no error messages in the log sequence.
Does anybody have an idea on how I can recover elements from this scene?
Regards,
BB

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I would try opening the scene in DS3, removing elements, and resaving, until you track down which element is causing the crash.

• BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

the problem is that ds4 setup has removed ds3 and I don't dare setting it back. not sure it won't interfere.
    anyway, thanh you so much for your help.
    BB

edited December 1969

DS4 setup doesn't uninstall DS3, unless you try to install it to the same location. The default locations are different, and DS3 and DS4 coexist peacefully.

edited December 1969

fixmypcmike this was definitely the easiest most efficient solution.
    In case it may help : The problem was issued from elite soldier pack ACUpants which are loading correctly into ds3 but hangs ds4.
    Thanks again for your valuable help.
    BB

edited December 1969

Can you make a bug report on that at bugs.daz3d.com ? If you haven't before, the bugtracker uses a separate login from the store, so you will need to register there to report a bug.

edited December 1969

I did it but am not really sure this is a DAZ bug

edited December 1969

I found the problem:
    It was due to an extraneous space in the obj filepath “figureResFile :Runtime: Geometries:…”
    The interpretation of DS4 is correct: leading spaces in folder names are significant. DS3 was over filtering spaces making the error disappear.
    BB