Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    That one is quite nice. I may have to pick it up. I didn't think the two freebies at ShareCG looked anything like Summer, but this one sure does.

The problem with most of the Summer morphs I've seen is that she has a bone structure that's almost impossible to achieve with just dial spinning a V4... and it also makes a big difference if you're going for her at the River, Cameron or Skylar time frame. Either way, it's really going to take a full custom sculpt job to get it spot on, which is why I'd like to see someone like Adam Thwaites at MostDigital take a swing at it.

It's going to be really interesting to see her as an elf on Dec. 9th.

What movie is that? I didn't know she was in any upcoming films.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited November 2012

Sun V4 rendered in Poser Pro 2012 using one of the 5 supplied IBL lights

1) Straight render, no makeup, SSS & IDL
    2) As above but profile
    3) Non SSS Damage MAT with red eye glow (there's blue glow as well)

Click for full size :)

Sun3.png
    650 x 850 - 532K
    Sun2.png
    740 x 860 - 496K
    Sun1.png
    650 x 850 - 488K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    That one is quite nice. I may have to pick it up. I didn't think the two freebies at ShareCG looked anything like Summer, but this one sure does.

The problem with most of the Summer morphs I've seen is that she has a bone structure that's almost impossible to achieve with just dial spinning a V4... and it also makes a big difference if you're going for her at the River, Cameron or Skylar time frame. Either way, it's really going to take a full custom sculpt job to get it spot on, which is why I'd like to see someone like Adam Thwaites at MostDigital take a swing at it.

While I think the Summer morph on this page is pretty good, it's for non-commercial use, like the other two at ShareCG : http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities-1.php . While I'm not likely to make any money with this stuff, I'd hate to use it in an illustration for my writing, and then not be able to distribute it.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

2) As above but profile

Sweet! Definitely going to pick this one up.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    riftwitch said:

What movie is that? I didn't know she was in any upcoming films.

Help for the Holidays, on the Hallmark Channel in December. Scent of the Missing, the failed pilot film for the TV series she was going to do with Tricia Helfer, should be hitting soon as well... No sign of Knights of Badassdom making it out anytime soon, though. :(

edited December 1969

Oh, and since no one mentioned it, MostDigital is having a 50% off sale on everything in the store through12:00am, Monday, Nov. 26. That makes most of his celeb morphs just $2.50 each, with some as little as $1.50 each. http://www.most-digital-creations.com/shop.htm

edited November 2012

Haruchai said:

2) As above but profile

Hmm. The mouth is a little small and the placement of the jaw and brows looks a little off (see actual profiles attached,) but I think this one will go in my shopping cart. Then again, for my purposes I don't want a perfect match, just the "essence," so this will work very nicely. Thanks!

terminatorthesarahconnorchronicless01e01720pblurayx264orpheusmkv_001091550.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 100K
    tv_terminator_the_sarah_connor_chronicles16.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 201K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • novelist999novelist999 Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

That's a long list. I didn't realize there are so many. I wish someone would create a Poser character of Patrick Swayze.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

River Tam/Sun
    http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=20162

OMG!!!! She ROCKS!! She blows all my Summer morphs into the weeds, how come I never heard of her!?

Just when I thought I was done with V4!

The last shot looks pretty good, but the trick with Summer is her profile, especially her brows and cheeks, and none of these shots gives enough of a side view to see how that works. It IS one of the closest, though, I'll agree. Looks like a case for GenX and merging the best of the various versions to get the exact result and age you need.

As I've only got Poser, Summer will be a Gen 4 job for me. On most of my attempts at her I could get the profile right, but, getting the head on view just right all but killed me!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

That one is quite nice. I may have to pick it up. I didn't think the two freebies at ShareCG looked anythng like Summer, but this one sure does. It's nice that it comes with skin textures.

LOL!

In case you didn't know, most of the freebie Summers at Share CG were done by me. In hindsight, I don't think they look much like her either! :D

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Believe you me, I know better than most how hellishly difficult it is to do Summer by merely spinning dials. You'd think after 10 unsuccessful attempts I would have known to give up!

Where is she an elf!?

CHEERS!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

That's a long list. I didn't realize there are so many. I wish someone would create a Poser character of Patrick Swayze.

There is one here:

http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities-3.php

If anyone wants to do a search on my celebrity thumbnailed list, just use Google, like so:

swayze site:http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities

or

patrick swayze site:http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities

or

"patrick swayze" site:http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities

I do mean to add more, maybe today.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

While I think the Summer morph on this page is pretty good, it's for non-commercial use, like the other two at ShareCG : http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities-1.php . While I'm not likely to make any money with this stuff, I'd hate to use it in an illustration for my writing, and then not be able to distribute it.

That's by Ariah81,

I got permission from her to modify her morph in order to do mine, she was also kind enough to send me the promo texture that she used.

Below is her morph 50/50 with one of mine and her texture, it was as close as either of us got.

CHEERS!

Summer_50_50_2.jpg
    588 x 600 - 186K
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

2) As above but profile

She'll do me! SOLD!

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

Oh, and since no one mentioned it, MostDigital is having a 50% off sale on everything in the store through12:00am, Monday, Nov. 26. That makes most of his celeb morphs just $2.50 each, with some as little as $1.50 each. http://www.most-digital-creations.com/shop.htm

Thanks for the heads up.

Can people help me finally fill in the blanks on Adam's characters please? I have listed them in date order oldest to newest. I have put my definites in and my guesses in brackets but still not sure about a lot of them and the OP list of this thread doesn't cover many.

I'm sure this may have been cover elsewhere but it might be good to have a full definitive list here.

V4 Celebrity Series: Cam For V4 - Cameron Diaz
    V4 Celebrity Series: Lady of the Ring - Liv Tyler
    V4 Celebrity Series: Playmate '90 - ??? (Pamela Anderson)
    V4 Celebrity Series: Jenny - Jennifer Lopez
    V4 Celebrity Series: Super Model - ???
    V4 Celebrity Series: Natalia - Natalie Portman
    V4 Celebrity Series: Jess - ??? (Jessica Alba)
    V4 Celebrity Series: Brit - Britney Spears
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.1 - ???
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.2 - ???
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.3 - Elizabeth Hurley
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.4 - ???
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.5 - ??? (Megan Fox)
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.6 - ??? (Charlize Theron)
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.7 - Rihanna
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.8 - ???
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.9 - Lucy Liu
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.10 - ???

M3 Leading Men: Ethan - Tom Cruise
    M4 Leading Men: James - Daniel Craig
    Il Padrino For M4 - Marlon Brando

Thanks in advance :)

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • AriahAriah Posts: 93
    edited November 2012

IMO:

V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.3 - Keira Knightley

V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.6 - Scarlett Johannson

V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.10 -Penelope Cruz

V4 Celebrity Series: Super Model - Naomi Campbell

I haven't seen thie model listed here: Sondra for V4 by Thorne and HandspanStudios:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sondra-for-v4

She's Scarlett Johansson as well (the promo doesn't show that at all, but I did several renders ;)

scarlett01.png
    809 x 580 - 138K
    scarlett03.png
    805 x 424 - 140K
    scarlett02.png
    809 x 580 - 191K
    Post edited by Ariah on
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:

I haven't seen thie model listed here: Sondra for V4 by Thorne and HandspanStudios:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sondra-for-v4

She's Scarlett Johansson as well (the promo doesn't show that at all, but I did several renders ;)

Is it OK if I use one of your images as a thumbnail on my list for this model?

edited December 1969

Yes, nDelphi, naturally! If you wish I can do an out-of-the box render with her designed textures (I modified the textures a bit for my own purposes)

edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    IMO:

V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.3 - Keira Knightley

Yes, I meant Kiera Knightly but my fingers typed Elizabeth Hurley, wierd. Where her name came from I do not know!

Thanks for the updates.

edited December 1969

Ok, I've re-rendered Sondra with her original textures. Plus Wynter hair in red, because she looks stunning as Black Widow.

scarlett05.png
    554 x 444 - 145K
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    Ok, I've re-rendered Sondra with her original textures. Plus Wynter hair in red, because she looks stunning as Black Widow.

Thanks, I was going to say no need, since your original images can show what can be done with the model.

edited December 1969

I have some of his products; very nice. I'd like to take advantage of the sale, but it's too close to Christmas; I still have to buy gifts, and only two more paydays until then. I'm sure there will be other sales in the future.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    riftwitch said:

That one is quite nice. I may have to pick it up. I didn't think the two freebies at ShareCG looked anythng like Summer, but this one sure does. It's nice that it comes with skin textures.

LOL!

In case you didn't know, most of the freebie Summers at Share CG were done by me. In hindsight, I don't think they look much like her either! :D

CHEERS!

Hope I wasn't too critical. I couldn't do it. I'm working on a render of my wife as a superheroine, and getting the body & hair was easy, but I'm not sure how close I'll be able to get the face with just dial-spinning. It's a good thing that masks are a staple of the genre, I may have to give her one.

edited December 1969

If you have a decent profile and head on shot of her you should do alright, that was what I did when I was working on Summer. One thing that can make an awful lot of difference to a render taken with the face camera is the focal length. The default is 95mm, but, this tends to give a fish eye effect, 120mm sorts this out and provides a much more realistic look.

CHEERS!

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Can people help me finally fill in the blanks on Adam’s characters please?

Near as I can tell...

V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.1 - Carmen Electra
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.2 - Adriana Lima
    V4 Celebrity Series EVOLUTION: No.4 - Beyoncé
    Sugar for V4 - Rebecca Romijn

edited December 1969

Hot off the press,

Cate Blanchette:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mrl-eirwen/96552

CHEERS!

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

There any of Tanya Allen from Star Hunter? :3

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Tell me that this one doesn't look like someone you know. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Wesley Snipes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/flame-2-real-for-m4/92253

edited December 1969

Tell me that this one doesn't look like someone you know. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Wesley Snipes.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/flame-2-real-for-m4/92253

Those guys do a lot of celebs, from Mel Gibson to Sly, Bruce and Jean Reno.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

There any of Tanya Allen from Star Hunter? :3

Never heard of her, so maybe not.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.