However, some modifiers can be
turned on and off at different points along
the time line.

, but no words how.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI auxdeux ;)

If you have a modifier which has an On /Off option,.
    that option will be appear in the sequencer time-line,.

you can set key-frames by changing the on/off at different points in the time-line you can use tweener types to control the changes between keys

hope it helps. :)

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't think on/off can be tweened. Since there is no "partial on" or "easing in" of on.... Settings are either on or off. There is no inbetween state.

edited December 1969

Hi Holly :)

Yes, you can use Oscillate or noise, ..but you're right, there's not many tween options fr On/Off :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

yes, I have noticed this too!
    parameter values of modifiers can indeed be tweened but not ticking the off on.
    found this trying flashing lights, 0% to n% what ever can indeed be but not off on.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

found this trying flashing lights, 0% to n% what ever can indeed be but not off on.

The way to get a gradual on/off for lights is not to check the visibility option and try to use a tweener, but to use the slider for the light's brightness, and then setting your tweener. Tweening for absolute on/off type functions is limited as mentioned above by Holly and 3Dage.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

The way to get a gradual on/off for lights is not to check the visibility option and try to use a tweener, but to use the slider for the light's brightness, and then setting your tweener. Tweening for absolute on/off type functions is limited as mentioned above by Holly and 3Dage.
    lol! EP, just said that 0% to n% brightness was what I was refering to.
    I said n% because I actually do not know offhand how bright they go, those parameter sliders can mostly have even bigger numbers entered in manually, I have oscillated stuff 100's of time instead of 20 for example.

• auxdeuxauxdeux Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody. I didn't mean on/off during animation, simply for static figure. :)

edited December 1969

Hi :)

It would depend on the modifier,. if it has an option to switch it on or off, then that would be a Check-box in the general setting panel.

Hope it helps :)