DS4 Used To Work, Now It Just Freezes On Me

8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I just got a new Windows 7 PC 64 bit with 5 terabytes, so I thought I would have no problems with DAZ Studio 4 Pro.

My old computer was a Windows Vista 64 bit PC. On that computer I had the same problems with DAZ Studio 4 Pro that I am having on my new Win 7 PC now.

And when I made a post about the problems I was having with DAZ Studio 4 with my old Win Vista computer months ago, I got a couple of fluffy feel good suggestions that did nothing to resolve my problem. Here is the problem I had on my old computer and on my new one:

When I launch DAZ Studio 4 and get to the first screen, it freezes most times, so I have to press the x at the top. Then I get to the second screen, it also freezes most times, so I have to press the x at the top. Then DAZ Studio 4 launches.

But then when I try to click on any of the tabs on the left side or on the right side of the interface, nothing happens.

I just have a frozen DAZ Studio 4 that will not allow me to do anything.

It was fine on Windows 7 at first, until I added folders into the Content Library. But now I cannot remove them.

I tried uninstalled DAZ Studio 4 and then reinstalled it, no help.

I also just purchased the Super Suit bundle and M5 and had them working at first. But now nothing at all works in DAZ Studio.

The bottom line is, it took me a couple hours to download the 200+ files in the Super Suit and M5 bundles. Then it took me a couple hours to install the 200+ files. Not to mention the money I spent on DAZ Studio 4 Pro and on the Super Suit and M5 bundles.

And now nothing at all in DAZ Studio works.

That is really pathetic and rediculous.

Post edited by 8ok44lemmein2 on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I just got a new Windows 7 PC 64 bit with 5 terabytes, so I thought I would have no problems with DAZ Studio 4 Pro.

My old computer was a Windows Vista 64 bit PC. On that computer I had the same problems with DAZ Studio 4 Pro that I am having on my new Win 7 PC now.

And when I made a post about the problems I was having with DAZ Studio 4 with my old Win Vista computer months ago, I got a couple of fluffy feel good suggestions that did nothing to resolve my problem. Here is the problem I had on my old computer and on my new one:

When I launch DAZ Studio 4 and get to the first screen, it freezes most times, so I have to press the x at the top. Then I get to the second screen, it also freezes most times, so I have to press the x at the top. Then DAZ Studio 4 launches.

But then when I try to click on any of the tabs on the left side or on the right side of the interface, nothing happens.

I just have a frozen DAZ Studio 4 that will not allow me to do anything.

It was fine on Windows 7 at first, until I added folders into the Content Library. But now I cannot remove them.

I tried uninstalled DAZ Studio 4 and then reinstalled it, no help.

I also just purchased the Super Suit bundle and M5 and had them working at first. But now nothing at all works in DAZ Studio.

The bottom line is, it took me a couple hours to download the 200+ files in the Super Suit and M5 bundles. Then it took me a couple hours to install the 200+ files. Not to mention the money I spent on DAZ Studio 4 Pro and on the Super Suit and M5 bundles.

And now nothing at all in DAZ Studio works.

That is really pathetic and rediculous.

it going to take a while for DS to find all the models - might be 10 mins . or more - so don't quit it

• 8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply bigh,

It already did a search and loaded all the models on my hard drive. I used to be able to access them from the "Content" tab in DAZ Studio 4.

But now I cannot access any of the DS tabs.

I have tried waiting 10 minutes, I think it wants 10 hours instead.

8ok44lemmein2

edited June 2012

Thanks for the reply bigh,

It already did a search and loaded all the models on my hard drive. I used to be able to access them from the "Content" tab in DAZ Studio 4.

But now I cannot access any of the DS tabs.

I have tried waiting 10 minutes, I think it wants 10 hours instead.

8ok44lemmein2

they should be under smart content .
    did you try reset to defalt setting ?
    also did you let the installers run and install where it wanted to or do you have your own set up ?
    you are running DS 4.5 64 bit right ?

Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

Hi bigh,

You said: they should be under smart content .

Maybe they are under smart content, but I cannot access any tab in DAZ Studio. DAZ Studio is like a 2D photo for me, I cannot do anything inside of it.

You said: did you try reset to defalt setting ?

I cannot reset to the default setting because nothing I click does anything. It's like clicking on a 2D photo and hoping something will happen.

You said: also did you let the installers run and install where it wanted to or do you have your own set up ?

I used the default settings when installing DAZ Studio 4 pro and when installing all the SuperSuit and M5 content.

The thing is, on my laptop I have the same runtime directories and everything, and DAZ Stuio 4 pro works fine there.

But on my PC, DAZ Studio is just a pretty 2D image for me.

8ok44lemmein2

edited December 1969

you are running DS 4.5 64 bit right ?

edited December 1969

Hi bigh,

Thanks for your reply, I have DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 Pro installed.

But guess what? I just launched DAZ Studio 4 pro on my PC to see how badly it would behave and it worked perfectly. No problems at all now. I can't believe it.

I am a very happy camper.

Maybe it was registry problems or firewall block problems or something.

So the lesson is: It pays to bitch on a forum; all your computer problems will magically get resolved.

Take care,

edited December 1969

super

edited December 1969

Hi bigh,

DAZ Studio 4.5, 64 bit is still in beta, right?

It might be still buggy at this time, is that correct?

8ok44lemmein2

edited December 1969

Hi bigh,

DAZ Studio 4.5, 64 bit is still in beta, right?

It might be still buggy at this time, is that correct?

8ok44lemmein2

will for me it works great - give it a try - well worth it

edited December 1969

Hi bigh,

Thanks for your reply, I have DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 Pro installed.

But guess what? I just launched DAZ Studio 4 pro on my PC to see how badly it would behave and it worked perfectly. No problems at all now. I can't believe it.

I am a very happy camper.

Maybe it was registry problems or firewall block problems or something.

So the lesson is: It pays to bitch on a forum; all your computer problems will magically get resolved.

Take care,

did you reboot you puter by any chance ?
    wondering if that helped !