- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Heishiro - Project Bloodline

This guy was based on some very old concepts I did. Since then I haven't got around to fully developing his concept art, so he is in development. Heishiro (General) Is Kyder and Spyro's grandfather, however, In the novel "Project Bloodline", he is actually the Antagonist of the series.

HeishiroBloodline_Working.png
    1750 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2012

Spyro - Project Bloodline

Revised Vesion.

New custom textures, New Shaders, New custom bump. Hair has new custom textures and shader. All these things will improve all my existing characters as I upgrade the others with generic settings and parameters from Spyro.

Spyro himself is an upgraded model. With complete new formula, including heavy work on the eyes, to keep true to the character as well as reduce some of the Asian characteristics he previously had.

SpyroBloodline_Working_V2.png
    1750 x 1000 - 2M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro - Project Bloodline

Revised Vesion.

New custom textures, New Shaders, New custom bump. Hair has new custom textures and shader. All these things will improve all my existing characters as I upgrade the others with generic settings and parameters from Spyro.

Spyro himself is an upgraded model. With complete new formula, including heavy work on the eyes, to keep true to the character as well as reduce some of the Asian characteristics he previously had.

looks good

edited December 1969

WIP Boots Update.

Boots are now to be exported to Daz Studio. The modeling process is deemed complete. Clips have been added. UV mapping is complete (I tried to UVW Unwrap, but I couldn't get my head around it, so I settled with basic UV Mapping instead, The clips however are UV Unwrapped... This means the boots use tiled textures.)

Each colour is a separate material zone. I decided because the straps are actually one model which was cut up, they will not have separate material zones... However, I can always go back and change that in the future.

Fingers crossed, all my work hasn't been in vein! I really hope this works in daz and that the rigging for genesis compatibility will work.

Boots_Comp_Perspective_4.png
    1057 x 974 - 1M
    Boots_Comp_Perspective_3.png
    1057 x 974 - 1M
    Boots_Comp_Perspective_2.png
    1057 x 974 - 2M
    Boots_Comp_Perspective_1.png
    1057 x 974 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Just so you know, I have absolutely NO idea how to do the next stage of the boots in daz! LMAO. Never rigged before and never made clothing for a daz figure either.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Just so you know, I have absolutely NO idea how to do the next stage of the boots in daz! LMAO. Never rigged before and never made clothing for a daz figure either.

good luck :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Well... ask SickleYield or if you have blondie9999's manual, consult it?

edited November 2012

Lol, thanks Bigh haha!

Hi there Skiriki! Haven't seen you in a while :) I don't have blondies manual, however I do have the genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit (But never used it before, in fact, I don't know how lol) I think I will seek out Sickle lol She is most helpful :) I also wonder if he's open to collaboration, he could take this to full max compatibility, and considering I intend to make complete outfits... perhaps it could become a future project for the market. Though, I'd need to pick up with my speed and efficiency before such a time.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hi there Skiriki! Haven't seen you in a while :) I don't have blondies manual, however I do have the genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit (But never used it before, in fact, I don't know how lol) I think I will seek out Sickle lol He is most helpful :) I also wonder if he's open to collaboration, he could take this to full max compatibility, and considering I intend to make complete outfits... perhaps it could become a future project for the market. Though, I'd need to pick up with my speed and efficiency before such a time.

Been busy with that class thingie. Next week is the last one. And yeah, SickleYield is really nice and she knows lots of stuff about rigging.

edited December 1969

I hope all is going well for you :) I haven't been as productive render wise either, so much going on. Shockingly enough, I've barely been on the forums as well lol

edited December 1969

Imported to daz fine... Though, daz smoothing is crap. I have lost a lot of detail due to the smoothing... I just want the damn thing to work.

I have played with angle of smoothing and it's not helping unfortunately :(

Smoothing_issues.png
    1000 x 976 - 412K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I hope all is going well for you :) I haven't been as productive render wise either, so much going on. Shockingly enough, I've barely been on the forums as well lol

It goes, it goes. Having a small party with friends today, so I have to dash off to cook in a moment.

edited November 2012

Cool! Enjoy the party! Lots of party food? Gotta have pies and sausage rolls lol Hmmm I feel like a pie now haha.

----------------------
    Ok so thinking about the boots smoothing issue... I'm thinking I will take a step back to 3ds max and UN-wield the heels and toes, but ensure a good overlapping in the mesh to ensure no probs with breaking meshes when rigged. I will get a well defined edge doing it this way since Daz lacks a decent smoothing system and cant import smoothing groups :roll:

I also played with materials for a moment in daz, and I spotted a few minor issues in the mesh, that I can fix at the same time. All is NOT lost :) I must remain open minded and positive :-P

Below a test of shaders... There are no textures used atm. When I fix the model, I'll get into the texturing. But the shader seems good. (Default lights btw, it will look far better when I'm done)

Shader_Test_-_No_textures.jpg
    1000 x 976 - 95K
    edited December 1969

I'll post pics later, once we're done.

edited December 1969

Cool! I look forward to it :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Cool! Enjoy the party! Lots of party food? Gotta have pies and sausage rolls lol Hmmm I feel like a pie now haha.

----------------------
    Ok so thinking about the boots smoothing issue... I'm thinking I will take a step back to 3ds max and UN-wield the heels and toes, but ensure a good overlapping in the mesh to ensure no probs with breaking meshes when rigged. I will get a well defined edge doing it this way since Daz lacks a decent smoothing system and cant import smoothing groups :roll:

I also played with materials for a moment in daz, and I spotted a few minor issues in the mesh, that I can fix at the same time. All is NOT lost :) I must remain open minded and positive :-P

Below a test of shaders... There are no textures used atm. When I fix the model, I'll get into the texturing. But the shader seems good. (Default lights btw, it will look far better when I'm done)

The other option is to put in some extra geometry right at the area you don't want smoothed, do an offset edge. This maintains sharpness and works in most 3D packages where oversmoothing in areas can be an issue. Even in packages like Blender which allow controlled smoothing people use this technique because if ever exported to another package, the controlled smoothing data gets lost.

edited December 1969

Thanks Gedd, I will play around and see how it goes. Cheers! :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Good luck, the boots look nice btw :)

edited November 2012

Thanks Gedd! :)

--------------------------------

Boots V2.0 - Progress finally!

I made some alterations, the heel, toes and foot are now separate and not wielded. Took ages to re work the earlier file to the standard that the wielded one was at. As you can see, the smoothing has vastly improved. I also had to fix a few minor issues in the mesh, which I noticed when I imported it to daz.

Now I guess I will begin with the textures and move on to the rigging with some advise from some people in the know how.

Boots_V2_Figuer_scale_test.png
    644 x 976 - 181K
    Boots_V2.png
    1000 x 976 - 441K
    edited December 1969

Boots Update

Playing with surfacing and textures. I think I'm happy with the outcome :)

Next I will have to start the rigging for genesis compatibility. But not today.

Boots_V2Materials_test_P.png
    1000 x 976 - 384K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Boots Update

Playing with surfacing and textures. I think I'm happy with the outcome :)

Next I will have to start the rigging for genesis compatibility. But not today.

hurry up - you must do more - time is pasting ;-)

edited December 1969

Haha! I wish. I had to go to work. It's a real quiet shift so the whole time ill be impatiently waiting to go home lol

edited December 1969

Weight mapping the boots! I'm getting there :)

Boots_weight_mapped.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 278K
    edited December 1969

WIP Trousers - Modeling commenced.

Second item of clothing to go towards Spyro's outfit. Since the boots were a success, I am now considering making this clothing project for my first PA product. (I am currently reading through the PA info on daz, and familiarizing myself with the process and what can and cant be done.)

If I decide to go in that direction, the product will consist of all clothing articles (Boots, Trousers, Tunic, Loincloth, Gloves, belts, drop-leg holster straps, shoulder sheath straps) with weapons and sheaths. I plan to construct Spyro's dagger (worn on the back) throwing knives, small tactical flashlight, and other accessories. Not sure if it would be broken up into two products, similarly to "Stalker Girl", but it's a possibility as a lot of work is required to create them. I also need to gather textures, and will need to tackle UV unwrap on all these items.

Anyway, long way from that at this stage... I've made a start on the pants, my plan of attack is to first construct tights, set up all the verts and ensure everything is smooth, the mesh is neat and it's fully high-res. Then I'll start shaping it into the trousers, as it appears in the concept design. The trousers are intended to have seems, pockets (Military Cargo pants style) and a fly. All creases in the fabric will be made in the mesh. No painted on creases.

Pants_W4_WIP1.png
    536 x 771 - 62K
    Spyro_Early_Concept_S.jpg
    1800 x 1458 - 671K
    Spyro11_Concept.png
    1454 x 1900 - 770K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Looking good Spyro!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Great progress! The boots look very nice. It's definitely interesting to follow this project, and to see the results of each step as it unfolds.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    WIP Trousers - Modeling commenced.

Second item of clothing to go towards Spyro's outfit. Since the boots were a success, I am now considering making this clothing project for my first PA product. (I am currently reading through the PA info on daz, and familiarizing myself with the process and what can and cant be done.)

If I decide to go in that direction, the product will consist of all clothing articles (Boots, Trousers, Tunic, Loincloth, Gloves, belts, drop-leg holster straps, shoulder sheath straps) with weapons and sheaths. I plan to construct Spyro's dagger (worn on the back) throwing knives, small tactical flashlight, and other accessories. Not sure if it would be broken up into two products, similarly to "Stalker Girl", but it's a possibility as a lot of work is required to create them. I also need to gather textures, and will need to tackle UV unwrap on all these items.

Anyway, long way from that at this stage... I've made a start on the pants, my plan of attack is to first construct tights, set up all the verts and ensure everything is smooth, the mesh is neat and it's fully high-res. Then I'll start shaping it into the trousers, as it appears in the concept design. The trousers are intended to have seems, pockets (Military Cargo pants style) and a fly. All creases in the fabric will be made in the mesh. No painted on creases.

looks like they are coming along really nice spryo,

edited December 1969

I imagine these would look good on someone who rides a horse bareback.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is one GREAT looking project so far Spyro. Keep it up. I'm still peeking in as it goes.

edited December 1969

thanks guys! that means alot to me :)

I've been busy lately and only just got home, fingers crossed I can at least have a set of tights before going to bed at least.