Send In The Clones Pro for POSER! [Commercial]

DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Live In Store Send In The Clones Pro for Poser

Well first, y'all need to thank Zev0 for giving me a project to work on. that forced me to learn wxPython [Vascularity For Poser]. Because of this I've been able to write a Poser version of Send In The Clones Pro, for Poser 8 and above.

I am finishing up, and doing Promos to get ready to submit to DAZ (hopefully I'll be submitting this Sunday 11/25)

Poser user will now be able to Clone figures also! Including Genesis.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Haha glad I could help. A much needed utility for Poser:) Excellent job!!

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Thanks Zev0

Here's some more renders (prospects for promos ;) )

Popup_3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 517K
    Popup_1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 394K
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

okay sounds promising. This will work on mac computers I think.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

Theoretically, Yes.... I don't own a Mac to know for sure.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I can take a look at it if you like but I have a pretty good feeling that it will work.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I'll PM you in a bit :)

edited December 1969

Send In The Clones Pro for Poser has been submitted to DAZ3D and is in testing..

• Rook056Rook056 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I was just wondering if you would develop a Poser version. Thanks for the update, this would be great to place random props or plants. Any hope for a tutorial video? I have a collection of content that's quite cool, as a hobbyist I don't have the time learn it.

edited December 1969
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

I have Send in the Clones for Poser. Is there an upgrade path? If not, what additional features exist in the Pro version to tempt me to upgrade at full cost?

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I have Send in the Clones for Poser. Is there an upgrade path? If not, what additional features exist in the Pro version to tempt me to upgrade at full cost?

Where Send in the Clones could only clone props, Send in the Clones Pro will let you clone figures along with props, and also randomly apply poses, morphs, clothing, props to the cloned figure/prop... And then let's say you have applied hair or clothes to your cloned figure, you will be able to apply different textures set to said hair, clothes... whatever.

No there isn't an upgrade path.

edited December 1969

[sigh] Thank you for the information. I'll give it some careful thought.

Okay. I'm done. I'll get it, while it's on sale. [mutter, grumble]

Thanks again.

• Porthos1Porthos1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it compatible with Poser Pro 2014?

edited December 1969

It certainly seems to be.

edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Thanks Thalek! It would help those contemplating on purchasing it to have up-to-date info on the product!

edited December 1969

Porthos1 said:
    Thalek said:

Thanks Thalek! It would help those contemplating on purchasing it to have up-to-date info on the product!

I'll try to get some tests done to see if I can break it, but a very hasty test of the Matrix cloning worked well. Re-reading the manual would probably be a good start for me on that project.

Draagonstorm, I have a couple of feature suggestions if you do an update: 1) add editable boxes to the numeric sliders, so numbers can be entered directly. Sometimes, the sliders are a bit too enthusiastic. 2) See if you can get the character/prop importer to remember the last location used. It currently defaults to the actual Poser installation, and most of my runtimes aren't even on that drive for space reasons.

edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to reading the results of your tests Thalek, I'm still undecided on whether to buy it or not seeing as the product is not cheap!

edited December 1969

If it works in 2014 as well as it does in 2012 (which looks likely), it's worth it. I haven't used its full power even in PP 2012, and the listed capabilities are incredible.

edited December 1969

I'm a bit rusty, and I tried some things I hadn't used before, so it took awhile to figure out where I was going.

I took a Terror Bird, and asked that the coat character and the crest character be conformed to it.

I then set up nine action poses for the bird, four colors for the bird, three eye colors for the bird, and created a simple 3 x 3 matrix with that information. After it created the birds (each with coat and crest), I then selected the coat character inside SITC, and added a list of nine colors.

Thus, I ended up with nine birds in nine poses, the four colors poses repeated across the nine birds, with three eye colors repeated three times across the nine birds, each bird with a different color coat. I include the resulting image here.

Note that it could be even more complex; for example, if I'd used nine Victorias, each one could have had its own pose, shape morph, skin texture, hair, and a different type of clothing on each. You can set them up in a line, a matrix, or have them positioned entirely randomly.

I'd like to discuss its minor quirks with Draagonstorm, but yes, it would have taken me much more time to have created the same scene manually. And if I wanted to plant a desert with cacti, it would have done a much better job at random placement than I could.

TerrorBirdMatrix.jpg
    800 x 600 - 43K