Deformed Genesis Hair

Hi there. I just bought several hair products for Genesis, including Gregoria and Marja. Both look great. However, I am running into some strange deformation and clipping. This mostly seems to happen around the temples. Not sure why this is happening because most hair products I have purchased auto-fit to Genesis without this sort of thing.

I have attached an example image.

I have spoken to the creator of the Gregoria hair, Mairy, and was told that it may be a problem with the hair inheriting certain face morphs from Genesis. I checked, and this does not seem to be the case. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

You can fix it with some work. Take a look at this thread about Riley S5 hair distortion. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6518/

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Wow, that did the trick. Amazing that this is such an apparently common problem, that hasn't been fixed.

I hope Daz comes up with a permanent solution to this, as it is really annoying.

Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Just another word of warning - it is more annoying than you even know yet! When you save your fixed scene and reopen it, the problem will be back. At least that is true with DS 4.5.1.6. There is a new Beta version out that may fix this. I haven't installed it yet. Some people are having problems with the new Beta, so I'm letting the dust settle first.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Just another word of warning - it is more annoying than you even know yet! When you save your fixed scene and reopen it, the problem will be back. At least that is true with DS 4.5.1.6. There is a new Beta version out that may fix this. I haven't installed it yet. Some people are having problems with the new Beta, so I'm letting the dust settle first.

Seriously?

Ugh.

This needs to be fixed immediately...

Thanks...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You could always save the hair, itself as either a modified asset (not really the best...but as long as you have the installer, you could revert it back to 'original'). Or save a 'fixed' version of it, as a 'stand alone' item...