Where are my files? They're NOT on the left as Daz suggests.

Iamgregor_2Iamgregor_2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

From the time I first installed Daz3d, I expected there'd be some defaults models or poses, but there was nothing. So I found and downloaded a model (Aiko from Daz's website). I then see it, but I have to constantly click the image of the Aiko pack to see the poses, models, and everything (they're not just neatly displayed).

Well, I had a bluescreen crash yesterday and now when I load Daz, there's NOTHING listed anywhere. I tried reinstalling Aiko, but no dice. I tried reinstalling Daz, but no dice.

When I reinstall Aiko, I get a dialogue when starting Daz that asks about importing data from "Daz 3d 2866 Aiko 3 0 Base" which sounds promising, but when I do it. Nothing changes. Still no data or selectable content on the left. Not in Smart Content, Shaping, or Surfaces. All are completely blank.

On the right, I can click on "Content Library" and browse around in the content folder on my drive (which I chose to have loaded in my Documents folder). But no matter what folder I browse to, I can't see any data files or do anything at all.

It's such a shame. I finally started figuring out the posing and even saved a custom pose yesterday that I was hoping to use in some art, but right now, I can't do anything at all. The software doesn't function.

What do I do?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

The Aiko 3.0 figure is an older model, and it's in Poser Format,..

You'll find it in the Poser Formats section of the Content library, under Figures / DAZ Aiko 3

but right now, I can’t do anything at all. The software doesn’t function.

Do you mean it doesn't work at all, ?
    or,..
    Daz Studio doesn't open up with the default Genesis figure in the scene, ?

You mention you had a Bluescreen crash,
    does this happen often, ?

What was the error message?

• Iamgregor_2Iamgregor_2 Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

3DAGE said:
    The Aiko 3.0 figure is an older model, and it's in Poser Format,..

You'll find it in the Poser Formats section of the Content library, under Figures / DAZ Aiko 3

but right now, I can’t do anything at all. The software doesn’t function.

Do you mean it doesn't work at all, ?
    or,..
    Daz Studio doesn't open up with the default Genesis figure in the scene, ?

You mention you had a Bluescreen crash,
    does this happen often, ?

What was the error message?

By software doesn't function, I mean that while I can browse around and click lots of buttons, I have no models to work with. The most aggrivating thing is that it worked yesterday and I had a good model with a good custom pose, but today nothing.

I don't remember what the Bluescreen was about, but it just rebooted so I wouldn't have had a chance to see it anyway. I don't get bluescreen too often, but they do happen now and then when I hibernate and restart (which is what I was doing in this case).

The good news is that I found the model where you said it would be. Strangely now I'm using all the menus on the right and nothing on the left so I hid the left menu. Why is the left menu even there?

Anyway, I found my pose in the "presets" folder by browsing the file system, but when I try to open it, it says "error see log file for more details". After looking up online how to find the logfile (really? Couldn't they have included a link or button in the error message?), I find that it says "WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 2 unknown for DzActionMgr)".

I searched online for that error and found some forum posts that seem to apply to people going from Daz 4 to 4.5 which obviously wouldn't apply in my case. I'm guessing I just need to redo the pose and give up on loading the last one with the various software reloads and such.

It would be nice if I could just have series of thumbnails for my figures and poses that I like or use the most like I see in the videos. I don't suppose you can link me to a tutorial that explains how to make your own favorites or custom gallery (not sure of Daz's wording on this function).

Post edited by Iamgregor_2 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Did you, initially install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

That's the content pack...

As to the crash and subsequent loss of what you did have...have you looked in the folders, not through DS, but in Windows?

edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:
    Did you, initially install the Genesis Starter Essentials?

That's the content pack...

As to the crash and subsequent loss of what you did have...have you looked in the folders, not through DS, but in Windows?

No, I don't know that Genesis Starter was necessary. I looked through the set of downloads Daz offered and it didn't look like any of the others applied, but clearly I was wrong. Let me go look for that now.

Found it and installing....

As for browsing, I WAS browsing in Windows Explorer for my pose. Loading it directly or using the "open" function of Daz results in the same error.

Post edited by Iamgregor_2 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Get the Starter pack installed and see what happens...it will probably clear up a bunch of the problems, if not all of them.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Get the Starter pack installed and see what happens...it will probably clear up a bunch of the problems, if not all of them.

Well I definitely have more starter content now, though I have to use the content library on the right which isn't as nice as when it just came up in the Smart Content section on the left (it was easier to navigate Smart Content).

My pose still doesn't work, but I'll just re-create it and hope it sticks this time.