Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Talk about a nostalgia trip right there. That's awesome. If I had the duckie, I'd totally try my hand at a Darkwing Duck.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

OK, not exactly superheroes,but I thought Joe might like to see his Duckies as the First Family of Duckburg:

Family Portrait

It's a good lineup.

edited November 2012

The materials I'm working on followed by some quick shader jobs (fisty's hardcore and then three using RL's supersuit shaders). I'm pretty partial to the last one.

ninja1rl3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 74K
    ninja1rl2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 77K
    ninja1rl1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 85K
    ninja1fisty.jpg
    500 x 650 - 72K
    ninja1b.jpg
    500 x 650 - 66K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW! Very nice! :-)

• RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Introducing Ms. Daisy Duck

Daisy_Duck.jpg
    1186 x 1534 - 346K
    edited December 1969

I think one of the extras you might consider would be a large eye oval eye morph to give the "ducks" a more cartoonish look! Perhaps a new toon lash option too for the gals.

• RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

I agree about the eye lashes...Daisy is just not the same without them. Here's a little Ducky flirting. I "normalized the arms" because it's too difficult to pose the extra long ones.

Duck, Duck, No Goose

Duck,_Duck,_No_Goose.jpg
    1186 x 1534 - 535K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I think one of the extras you might consider would be a large eye oval eye morph to give the "ducks" a more cartoonish look! Perhaps a new toon lash option too for the gals.

I've got a cartoon Duckie about ready to upload to daz3d. In preparation, I've discontinued the renderosity genesis duck. At one point I thought of the cartoon version as an expansion to the current product, but by the end, a couple months of work later, it's become its own thing. The body was substantially changed, reworked, the textures all new, mcm morphs were made to get the giant eyes to close, etc.

edited December 1969

Awesome, I might just have to pick that one up then! This is also Genesis based I take it?

edited December 1969

Straight render, a version meant to look more like film, and then a version meant to look more like an illustration.

turtlesvsfoot_painterly.jpg
    1400 x 800 - 1M
    turtlesvsfoot_film.jpg
    1366 x 800 - 587K
    turtlesvsfoot.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 737K
    edited December 1969

Started a rat.

hairlessninjarat2.jpg
    615 x 615 - 86K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Started a rat.

Which, if it's Genesis-based, you will have to offer in the store... sooner, rather than later. ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

AWESOME! Super Rat Man! :P

• dlfurmandlfurman Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Simple is better, no?
    Trying out the new style Marvel covers with a new style 617-Earth version of the Vision.

TO-DA-The-VISION-Marvel-NOW-2.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 355K
    edited December 1969

Looks very realistic.

I thought that the Vision was back to being a male android?

• AngryDragonRiderAngryDragonRider Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dlfurman said:
    Simple is better, no?
    Trying out the new style Marvel covers with a new style 617-Earth version of the Vision.

I really like this.

And here's a WIP of Invincible from Image Comics ... pretty good read for those who haven't checked it out yet.

Invincible001.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 52K
  • dlfurmandlfurman Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Looks very realistic.

I thought that the Vision was back to being a male android?

He is.

I had this idea for Marvel Earth 617. When Bendis did the Avengers Disassembled story for Earth 616, the parts for the Vision were stored in a Stark or SHIELD Warehouse. Anyhow...on 617, AIM sucessfully raids the warehouse and makes off with the bits and pieces. A lonely tech rebuilds the android, but in female form, double crossing AIM, who decides to take him out and recover/reprogram/replicate the android. The Avengers get on the case when they find out about the theft. I had a 8 issue mini series in mind, entitled "The Avengers - VISION QUEST"

The powers are intact, but some of the memory cores were damaged so, new personality, new character, new form.

edited December 1969

Wondering if Androids still can cry! OLD issue of Avengers!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Just got this one rendered tonight: the laptop's been having heat issues, but I did get him rendered at last! Sickleyield's Mutations and RAMWolff's Genesis morphs on M5 are primarily responsible for the distinctive shape. JoeQuick's fibermesh beard, hair, and brows, and his Genesis supersuit.

M5_Nightcrawler.jpg
    600 x 782 - 206K
    edited December 1969

Fuzzy Elf!

edited December 2012

A rooftop scene with the turtles and my WIP rat dressed up like Splinter.

SplinterBustPseudoIllo.jpg
    615 x 800 - 377K
    SplinterPost.jpg
    500 x 650 - 27K
    rooftop_post2.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 729K
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

Avengers Assemble!

I've been working on this for a few days and I'm pretty happy with it. This was my first try with a light dome. It does a nice job with Hulk's skin and Iron Man, but the lighting isn't as dramatic as I usually get by placing individual lights. Unfortunately, my usual method produced very harsh shadows from the buildings. I'm working in Carrara. I would like to add a boot jet effects to Iron Man. I tried adding a bulb with a light sphere, but it didn't work very well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Credits:
    Spider-man textures and mask - Joe Quick and Sturkwurk (I think)
    Captain America - Joe Quick
    Hulk - Smay (Mr. Hyde)
    Iron Man - Zikeo
    Urban Sprawl2 - Stonemason
    Light Dome - Tim Payne

Avengers_Assemble_MedRes.png
    1500 x 1125 - 3M
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 2012

threw this guy together today....

Cobra-Trooper.jpg
    1087 x 837 - 64K
    Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 1969

This was inspired by Avenging Spider-man Annual with the Thing. I call it "THWIPP THIS!"

Thwipp_This_Comic.png
    612 x 792 - 270K
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Some more X-Men playing around... some Hellfire related stuff this time around:

HellfireF.jpg
    800 x 680 - 179K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 2012

Green Lantern - based on the tyler figure...all the clothes are handpainted - the ring too

green_0002.jpg
    916 x 1400 - 637K
    Post edited by ISIKOL on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Green Lantern - based on the tyler figure...all the clothes are handpainted - the ring too

Nice Guy! (LOL!)

• Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Hey JoeQuick... Your store is not up on Renderosity. I put something in cart wednesday and was going to buy it today. It was gone and so was your store.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if it is possible to morph/stretch arms/legs/limbs aka Mr. Fantastic in action?

Thanks.

edited December 2012

Hey JoeQuick... Your store is not up on Renderosity. I put something in cart Wednesday and was going to buy it today. It was gone and so was your store.

Yeah, I might try to get some of those products over here to Daz, but for the most part they were at Renderosity because they were Renderosity caliber products.

That in mind, I'd be happy to sell you any of my former Renderosity products for half of what they listed for there. The only exception being the items that had previously been listed for $5. Those are still $5 (as a matter of personal dignity, I just can't bring myself to make their official list price $2.50).

Just send me an email or a pm here at daz, I'll send you a bill through paypal, and upon completion of payment, I'll make your files available for you via dropbox.

Any of my products that contained textures or materials did not include the equivalent presets for daz studio and would require you to take the texture maps and adjust the material settings on your own. So, before making any purchases, I would encourage you to do a google search for joequick and the title of the product. This should bring you to the discontinued product page for that item. I would look over it one last time.

This discussion has been closed.