Hex / Studio Bridge

JuNeJuNe Posts: 85
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi folks,

I wanted to redirect my Hex-to-DS Bridge to DS4Pro. It still opens DS3, but that won't help me creating morphs for Gen ^^

What do I have to do?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you send Genesis to Hex from DS, and create your morph, does the Send to DAZ Studio link open DS3 even when DS4 is already open?

I have an INI file here C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D called dzinstall.ini which lists all of the paths to DAZ 3D content and programs (Bryce DS3/4 and Hexagon) That may be what Hex uses to tell it where to bridge to.

One part of it says

[InstalledApplications]
    dzHexagonInstalls=dzHexagon2InstallDir
    dzStudioInstalls=dzStudio4InstallDir-64 dzStudio4InstallDir

It may use that. I am on Win 7 64 bit.

• JuNeJuNe Posts: 85
    edited November 2012

Well, DS doesn't even open Hexagon if I try to send Genesis. And if I export Gen as an .obj, import it to Hexagon, and try to send it (DS4 open), Hex opens DS3A (I run both because of some plugins that don't work with DS4Pro).

I run an XP system, and my dzinstall.ini only knows the cms of DS4.

For this, I ask how to redirect the bridge.

Post edited by JuNe on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

What version of Hex are you using?

You need 2.5.179 to bridge with DS4.5. If you have both DS3 and 4 installed, but not open and want to send a prop to DS, Hex will give you the option of which to send to.

edited December 1969

I still use Hex 2.5.05 (runs far more stable for me) and DS4Pro v. 4.0.3.47. I know, 4.5 is fine now, but since I wanted to change / upgrade my system in the not-too-far-future, I didn't want to bother installing, re-installing and tweaking plugins until then ^^

edited December 1969

A lot of folk are in the same boat - the price you pay is no bridge. In fact, the only reason to update to hex 2.5.179 is the bridge - they stopped development once the bridge issue was sorted.

edited December 1969

OK, thanks. Not what I am lucky to hear, though., because the bridge between .05 and DS3 worked fine. *sigh*

Thanks for your answers! Then I'll put that aside 'til I got my new system.

edited December 1969

Not that you are missing all that much, anyway:)

All it does is save a couple minutes - working through exporting/importing .obj and using Morph Loader is just as good.

edited December 1969

^^ I haven't had much time to work me through the new tools of DS yet, though I wish I had. But I'm slowly worming through it atm.