Request to Script Writers... Purge Textures...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If any of you wonderful guys who make these wonderful scripts that make my life SOOOOO much easier... think about it, would it be possible for one of y'all to write us a script that purges all textures in memory from DS 4.5?

I can't tell you how helpful that would be for me!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

It should be possible as there was one made for DS3 if I recall correctly.

Post edited by Szark on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wonder if Richard's "Clear Undo stack" script will do that & if it will work in DS4.5??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Clear Undo isn't one of mine - I think it was Adam's

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just Tested Clear Undo Stack in DS4.5. Works just fine for me.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

I am sure it was one of Adam's http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/ his thread says it is DS3 only but as Jad above said........ ;)

Post edited by Szark on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I've found most of the changes for the scripts, other than some new file types lie in the area of geometry.

Many of the 'do something' scripts that I've tried that don't create geometry seem to work.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

For crying out loud! IT WORKS!

Geeze... and all this time I thought there was nothing out there.

Anyway, I've got two of his scripts which are absolutely invaluable to me... and I think it was MattyManx that made the one that toggles visible stuff under a tree... I'd like to put those on a toolbar so I don't have to dig for them all the time. Is there a way to do that?

edited December 1969

Right-click on the script in the Content Library and select makes Custom Action from the menu

Window>Workspace>Customise, click the Toolbars tab on the right, find the script in the Custom Actions group on the left and drag it into the tool bar list(s) of your choice. Optionally, right-click on the scripts entry on the left and assign it an icon or a keyboard shortcut.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard! I missed your reply when you posted it and had to search back in my post history to find out if it was answered :)

Thanks again!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Great, just what I need. Thanks for asking about this.:-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...interesting, the Clear Undo Stack script does not show up in 4.5 for me and I have the directory tree it is in mapped.

edited December 1969

It shows up for me and I have the latest release (not the BETA)

I have it placed under My Library/Scripts/Utilities

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...mine is in Studio/Content/Scripts as I have been using it since 3.1Advanced. The folder is mapped correctly but for some odd reason the script doesn't show up in 4.5 (and I's running the last "stable" release, not the Beta).

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Right-click on the script in the Content Library and select makes Custom Action from the menu

Window>Workspace>Customise, click the Toolbars tab on the right, find the script in the Custom Actions group on the left and drag it into the tool bar list(s) of your choice. Optionally, right-click on the scripts entry on the left and assign it an icon or a keyboard shortcut.

I know I"m resurrecting an old thread here, but a search of the forums isn't telling me what I want to know, and this comment here, is very much what I need.

When I go to drag a custom action on the left over to the right, there are no toolbars listed at all in that section. I can't even figure out how to create a NEW toolbar for there, to put the custom scripts in .

Can anyone tell me WHY the toolbar listing is completely empty, and how can I get them back? Or create a new one?

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

can you post a screenshot? You should be looking under "Edit>Customize..."
    The script should appear under the Custom heading on the left.

Image1.jpg
    607 x 634 - 177K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Geeze... and all this time I thought there was nothing out there.

Wrong thread... lol

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

I know I"m resurrecting an old thread here, but a search of the forums isn't telling me what I want to know, and this comment here, is very much what I need.

When I go to drag a custom action on the left over to the right, there are no toolbars listed at all in that section. I can't even figure out how to create a NEW toolbar for there, to put the custom scripts in .

Can anyone tell me WHY the toolbar listing is completely empty, and how can I get them back? Or create a new one?

Right-click on an existing too...oh. I think you have two options - one is simply to reload your interface layout, butt hat will of course kill all of your other customisation. The other option is to open the Script IDE pane and run this script to create an empty toolbar, which you can add functions to and right-click on to add more toolbars:

var tb = MainWindow.getPaneMgr().createToolBar( "My Toolbar" );