And the wisdom to know the difference.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    DAZ, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,

LoL. :)
    We admitted we were powerless over DAZ's Servers - that our lives had become unmanageable.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited November 2012

jmper said:
    Just to add, I would be interested to know if the content providing servers are using CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) in the delivery of these files. Unlike a single jpeg file and such, a simple flipped bit could cause havoc on an installer.

I always double check my DAZ downloads by downloading the files twice and then make a MD5 compare on the sets. It's extremely rare that there are files that mismatch (maybe one file out of a thousand or less).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Ledhead said:
    DAZ, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,

LoL. :)
    We admitted we were powerless over DAZ's Servers - that our lives had become unmanageable.

Came to believe that DAZ is greater than ourselves but could restore us to sanity.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited November 2012

Taozen said:
    I always double check my DAZ downloads by downloading the files twice and then make a MD5 compare on the sets. It's extremely rare that there are files that mismatch (maybe one file out of a thousand or less).

Yeah, that is why it was weird that I started getting the bad downloads after the start of the revamped site.

Again, not that I have had a lot...probably a handful but it may be because I haven't purchased much in a while.

Came to believe that DAZ is greater than ourselves but could restore us to sanity.

This can only go on 9 more times...LOL.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of DAZ employees as we understood them.

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    Taozen said:

Yeah, that is why it was weird that I started getting the bad downloads after the start of the revamped site.

Again, not that I have had a lot...probably a handful but it may be because I haven't purchased much in a while.

Well there were a lot of problems with corrupted files etc. in the beginning after the new store launched, but personally I haven't had any problems with downloads or corrupted files for the last 4 months or so.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, as I said, I got a fairly constant speed of about 189-190 kbs, which is also about the highest I ever get up here, and I am in the UK,

My area has been flagged up as being one of the worst areas for broadband in the country, less than 1mb normally and frequently half that for broadband speed overall.

And as I said, that doesn't change the facts. Let's put it this way:

If a water supply normally flows at 5 gallons per minute...but all your faucet is able to deliver is one quart per minute, you wouldn't notice a difference when the supply slowed down to 2.5 gallons per minute. However, if my faucet could deliver 5 gallons per minute, I would notice the difference. Now, because you don't notice the difference, does that mean that there is no difference?

Dana

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Hey look, everyone coming on and telling me how well they can download from DAZ fixed my problem. Yup, not freaking going to say another word about it, hows that for a solution?

No reason to complain about anything here, sure enough a dozen people are going to come on and tell you how wrong you are.

Yup.

Dana

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our content.

• edited December 1969

I think I am having the same problem. I recently got a new computer (running Windows 8) and have started resetting and downloading all the files in my history onto the new computer. I had no problems for two weeks, but the last day or so I can't seem to download any files. But the DAZ site thinks I've downloaded them. My download limit decreases with each attempt, and my windows interface asks me if I'd like to accept the file. And a new plug-in I bought generates a serial number. But there is no file in my downloads folder. The most I've seen is 8 kb exe files which ask if I want to run them but of course do nothing.. Will try another browser, etc and see if anything helps.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

orion66 said:
    I think I am having the same problem. I recently got a new computer (running Windows 8) and have started resetting and downloading all the files in my history onto the new computer. I had no problems for two weeks, but the last day or so I can't seem to download any files. But the DAZ site thinks I've downloaded them. My download limit decreases with each attempt, and my windows interface asks me if I'd like to accept the file. And a new plug-in I bought generates a serial number. But there is no file in my downloads folder. The most I've seen is 8 kb exe files which ask if I want to run them but of course do nothing.. Will try another browser, etc and see if anything helps.

What AV are you using...it sure sounds like your AV is eating them...

• Harry_2964Harry_2964 Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I bought today Lady Elf Hair for Genesis.

One File:
    14516_LadyElfGenesis_v1.3_trx.exe

I could download without problems.

On the other two files:
    14516_LadyElfGenesisPoserCF_v1.3_dpc.exe
    14516_LadyElfGenesisLegacy_v1.3_trx.exe

I always get a network error. I tried to download them at the morning and in the evening (GMT +1).

edited December 1969

Downlad problems still exist. From 2 of 3 files I download I have network errors.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

To me, the point is not what speeds you are getting now, it's what speeds you're getting compared to speeds on the old site.

My speeds now compared to the old site suck. I average around 300k/sec and I used to get close to 2megs/sec (using the same browser).

That's about six times slower.

edited December 1969

A few weeks ago I was getting 1.1MB/second. Lately, I'm lucky to hit 200KB/second! >:( I suppose they'll blame our ISP's again.

Dana

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Hey look, everyone coming on and telling me how well they can download from DAZ fixed my problem. Yup, not freaking going to say another word about it, hows that for a solution?

No reason to complain about anything here, sure enough a dozen people are going to come on and tell you how wrong you are.

People are just sharing their experiences to show you that it isn't a widespread problem. No one feels good about you having a problem, someone offered you a very good suggestion (go to a wi fi spot and see if you can do better there) And to be clear- the members shared their experiences so you can get a perspective of what the system is doing overall - no one stated you were wrong, their experiences are what they are. We hope you can find a wi fi spot or a solution that will work better for you.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    ManStan said:

People are just sharing their experiences to show you that it isn't a widespread problem. No one feels good about you having a problem, someone offered you a very good suggestion (go to a wi fi spot and see if you can do better there) And to be clear- the members shared their experiences so you can get a perspective of what the system is doing overall - no one stated you were wrong, their experiences are what they are. We hope you can find a wi fi spot or a solution that will work better for you.

Sorry, there IS a problem. I know what I'm doing, nothing has changed on my end, I've been buying from DAZ since the beginning of time and since the latest changeover download speeds have changed for the worse. You can find me downloading at any time day or night, no difference. I'm not talking about the temporary even slower speeds when everybody is hitting the downloads at the same time. ALL downloads for me are consistently from five to six times slower than they used to be.

edited December 1969

Yes I have the same problem. I am an experienced PC User. MY ISP is very reliable. The problem lies at the DAZ 3D servers.

edited December 1969

Noobisher said:
    Yes I have the same problem. I am an experienced PC User. MY ISP is very reliable. The problem lies at the DAZ 3D servers.

In general it seems as if some people (not necessariy the same people all the time) experience certain problems with the DAZ store which others do not experience. It's odd, really.

Curently I cannot get the pages stick to show 60 items like they used to do, but I haven't heard anyone else complain about that. But maybe they've just given up complaining.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Right- again, not saying you aren't having a problem. But just saying try to go to a wi fi spot, as suggested, and see if it helps at all. I dont know anything about Daz' s servers, but I know bigger companies like ebay had things split up geographically in the United States to handle the load. Don't know if it was a different server. The web team is who handles this type of stuff and I usually hear back within a week when I ticket. (I sent in that list of suggested improvements-aka a search in Itemized and in My Downloadables, etc)

Does anyone know the company/servers they are using?

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Noobisher said:

In general it seems as if some people (not necessariy the same people all the time) experience certain problems with the DAZ store which others do not experience. It's odd, really.

Curently I cannot get the pages stick to show 60 items like they used to do, but I haven't heard anyone else complain about that. But maybe they've just given up complaining.

Wow, they would stick at 60 for you...they never did for me, so I just assumed it was a 'session only' thing and that they weren't supposed to, so I didn't worry about it.

Right- again, not saying you aren't having a problem. But just saying try to go to a wi fi spot, as suggested, and see if it helps at all. I dont know anything about Daz' s servers, but I know bigger companies like ebay had things split up geographically in the United States to handle the load. Don't know if it was a different server. The web team is who handles this type of stuff and I usually hear back within a week when I ticket. (I sent in that list of suggested improvements-aka a search in Itemized and in My Downloadables, etc)

Does anyone know the company/servers they are using?

Since DAZ is using Cloudflare for most, if not all, its pages, there are 23 locations, around the globe that the content is being served from...and there are known issues with certain AV apps and Cloudflare. It also seems, as was recently reported in one of the other threads on this problem, that the Steam client and Cloudflare aren't getting along...and there are ISP/Cloudflare issues (as in Cloudflare restricts/blocks certain IP ranges...) and more. Plus the whole earlier issue of pics in the forums is another Cloudflare issue that's common among the blog set...Wordpress is where most of the problems show up.

The nature of the problem is too random and too infrequent to pin on DAZ...plus there are way too many variables from 'known' conflicts with Cloudflare sites to say what is causing any one particular problem. (I won't even get into the practice of some ISPs and blocking content/capping downloads, from certain sites/cloud services...which could very well be a reason some get such low download speeds. Just going to say that some of the biggest ISPs are the worst offenders, especially if they happen to be offering cloud services, too...)

edited December 1969

Don't know, no. But it seems that they don't actually have their own servers. At least that's the drift I got when someone who seemed to know was talking about it. I guess they're too small to be able to afford that. It's surprising, really, if it's true.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Don't know, no. But it seems that they don't actually have their own servers. At least that's the drift I got when someone who seemed to know was talking about it. I guess they're too small to be able to afford that. It's surprising, really, if it's true.

Dana

Cloudflare is who DAZ is using...

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    A few weeks ago I was getting 1.1MB/second. Lately, I'm lucky to hit 200KB/second! >:( I suppose they'll blame our ISP's again.

Dana

I lodged a ticket with DAZ about my pathetic download speeds which have gone from 900/1000kbs to dial up speed around 60kbs

They acknowledged there is a problem and have been working on it and hope to resolve it s..... :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I lodged a ticket with DAZ about my pathetic download speeds which have gone from 900/1000kbs to dial up speed around 60kbs

They acknowledged there is a problem and have been working on it and hope to resolve it s..... :coolhmm:

I like blue and all, and it's my mom's favorite color...but I'm not holding my breath for this.

Dana

• BotticelliBotticelli Posts: 2
    edited February 2013

I'm having a terrible time downloading these files. Anything that takes longer than three minutes truncates and says the files fails because of a network error. Meanwhile the number of attempts Daz is giving me for downloading the files are dwindling to zero. It's maddening. It's not happening with any other site either so it's gotta be Daz.

Post edited by Botticelli on
  • BotticelliBotticelli Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

In my case I've determined I am able to download the files with Internet Explorer but not Google Chrome. Really annoying. Why would it not work in Google Chrome while I have no problem with other sites.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In my case I've determined I am able to download the files with Internet Explorer but not Google Chrome. Really annoying. Why would it not work in Google Chrome while I have no problem with other sites.

I have the same issue w/Chrome vs IE as you, but this wasn't an issue before. So, something is definitly up. BTW, the reason I didn't use DIM was because the files wasn't listed (any of Ron's products for 2D-programs like Photoshop).

The past weeks I've concistently (sp?, am on iPhone without word assist) used DIM to download new content and updated old products.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

I use google chrome and it stopped working for me too... a 5 minute download says 2 hours, and they all end up saying "network error" after a couple minutes.
    And I HATE HATE HATE internet explore because that program is so resource heavy and just ugly to use (sorry, thats my legit opinion) and I don't even have it INSTALLED. grrrrrrr. Guess I'll have to hope firefox is working. I've been trying since yesterday to download Ecomantics because I can't find it since reinstalling DS4 (poor ecomantics got lost somewhere!) and it's got TONS of files, and i haven't been able to download even ONE..... tried to download sickle yield's new set with similar failure.. Basically downloads from DS ALL get a 'network error' now. Hope it gets fixed, whether its a chrome issue or a ds issue. I can still download from other sites, like Renderosity, RuntimeDna, Fantasies attic, etc. So what's going on? :(

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've been having trouble downloading a variety of DAZ products as of early Monday.