DS Preset

Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't seem to find the answer using SEARCH sooooo....

How do I use a DS preset (it has the "ds" file extension) in Daz Studio 4? I tried using the conversion tool in Studio, but now I have .dsb and .dse files that don't do anything. Any ideas?

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

You should still be able to load it from library. Click on the item it is for, then double-click the .ds preset.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

It doesn't show up in the library, eventhough there is a .png. I do have it installed in the Poser library--maybe it needs to be in the DS "My Library" section--I'll move it and give it a try from there....

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Try that and see if it works.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I copied the DS files to the Poser folder (the one where the pz2 files are) and got it to work. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    It doesn't show up in the library, eventhough there is a .png. I do have it installed in the Poser library--maybe it needs to be in the DS "My Library" section--I'll move it and give it a try from there....

It will only show up in the Poser Formats area if it has a corresponding Poser file of the same name. To use DS MAT pose files inside a Poser Runtime, there needs to be a PZ2 file with EXACTLY the same name, as well as a PNG. When running DS, a small scroll icon will appear in the top left-hand corner to show that the DS script file will be used. In Poser, the DS files do not show at all.