New Downloads not loading into the program?

Cipher18Cipher18 Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in New Users

So I just purchased a bunch of files such as Victoria 4.2 base and a lot of different textures and files to go with V4, but no matter what I try, the program won't load these files into it. I'm still seeing the default Genesis. The files have been placed in the Daz content folder, but I can't load it into the program. Is there something I need to do to put those files into the program manually? I'm running Daz Studio 4 Standard, by the way.

Edit:
I've found a way to find them in the program, but files seem to be missing. I can't access my Victoria 4 model, and I had no idea I had gotten a Victoria 3? I found the file for the hair that I bought, however, I can't apply it as there's no file to load... I'm completely confused.
http://i50.tinypic.com/rbbkom.png

Post edited by Cipher18 on

Comments

• twkerrtwkerr Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Cipher18 said:
    So I just purchased a bunch of files such as Victoria 4.2 base and a lot of different textures and files to go with V4, but no matter what I try, the program won't load these files into it. I'm still seeing the default Genesis. The files have been placed in the Daz content folder, but I can't load it into the program. Is there something I need to do to put those files into the program manually? I'm running Daz Studio 4 Standard, by the way.

Edit:
    I've found a way to find them in the program, but files seem to be missing. I can't access my Victoria 4 model, and I had no idea I had gotten a Victoria 3? I found the file for the hair that I bought, however, I can't apply it as there's no file to load... I'm completely confused.
    http://i50.tinypic.com/rbbkom.png

Having the exact same problem on my end. :( Bump for more information!

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

V4 is a Poser format item, try looking there

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

And if you'll notice in your screenshots, Poser Formats is highlighted in blue...that's the color used for 'new' items.

• Cipher18Cipher18 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So it is! Perhaps you could help me with one more thing...

I got this product:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-rebel-hair-for-v4-and-m4

And I took note that they said I have to "drag" it, but it's not quite working. I've tried dragging the file from its folder into the program, I've tried importing. But it only says "No importer for the file format can be found".

Thanks for your time... I know these must sound like extremely basic questions. /:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

IN Daz Studio you can drag items from the Content Library in to the scene but if you are having trouble try Selecting your figure and double click in the Item you want to load in the case the hair. But make sure you are loading the Geometery (the modle itself) and not the Material (textures) Presets.

Yes it can be confusing at first but understanding how Daz3D was formed as a company and how it relates to using Poser formats will help. Google is your friend when it comes to learning all this so try to get on good terms with it. :)

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Cipher18 said:
    So it is! Perhaps you could help me with one more thing...

I got this product:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dynamic-rebel-hair-for-v4-and-m4

And I took note that they said I have to "drag" it, but it's not quite working. I've tried dragging the file from its folder into the program, I've tried importing. But it only says "No importer for the file format can be found".

Thanks for your time... I know these must sound like extremely basic questions. /:

Hi Cipher18

Are you trying to get that to work in Studio?

That item is for one of the company's other programs, Carrara.
    Carrara items won't work in Studio.

edited December 1969

Oops I didn't even go and look to make sure it was a Daz Studio product...My bad for assuming

thx prixat for spotting that

• Cipher18Cipher18 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

prixat said:

Hi Cipher18

Are you trying to get that to work in Studio?

That item is for one of the company's other programs, Carrara.
    Carrara items won't work in Studio.

Oh nooooo! :( Thank you for pointing that out. And thank you all for your time! I think I got it all worked out.

edited December 1969

Cipher18 you do have a 30 day money back guarantee with the DAZ3D store. Just fill out a support ticket directed to sales (Use the Help > Contact Us link at the top of the page)