Free Train station!

SerumSerum Posts: 256
edited October 2016 in Freebies

So i have a freebie for everyone a train station that i was working on to go on the store but i lost momentum on it.

full disclosure if you download it you are agreeing to get updates when i post a blog or a new product. your information is never shared to 3rd parties and i dont spam people its just the things i mentioned

here is the link http://serum3d.com/product/the-train-station/ i look forward to seeing your creations post them here and i will take a look :)

Serum

included is 2 material sets one for IRAY one for 3DL so this is a large set weighing in at 192mb

Post edited by Serum on

Comments

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited October 2016

Thank you.  I have created an account, ordered it, and got to the page order received... but where is the download?  I have checked my email received from you but it's not there either.  On the downloads section it just say 'no downloads available yet'. Can you please direct me to download button.

Post edited by launok on
  • SerumSerum Posts: 256

it should of said click here to download if you go into the my account section there should be a link there. be sure to clear cache and cookies for the site 

launok said:

Thank you.  I have created an account, ordered it, and got to the page order received... but where is the download?  I have checked my email received from you but it's not there either.  On the downloads section it just say 'no downloads available yet'. Can you please direct me to download button.

launok said:

i have re sent the download permission (i hope haha)

• Yeah, it's doing the same thing for me.

Still not working, I guess I will try tomorrow.  Goodnight! smiley

working on it its effecting some and not others dont worry i will sort it 

Have not been able to sort it at a code level yet so i have put a dropbox link on the product page so people can still get the file while i sort it out

okay coded it its now working :) phhhhheeweewwwww 

Yeah, it's doing the same thing for me.

launok said:

Still not working, I guess I will try tomorrow.  Goodnight! smiley

all sorted should be available in your my account area but i am leaving the dropbox link up on the page for a day or so

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305

Tells me I need to enter a valid zip code...but I have

ive just changed a setting try refreshing the page and try that 

• I tried to download and got a message from my virus scanner that the download was dangerous.

I canceled the download and deleted it.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thanks, Serum. I had no problem whatsoever with the download.

I tried to download and got a message from my virus scanner that the download was dangerous.

some virus scanners will kick up just because its a zip file or its name nothing i can do my end unfortunately i respect your choice to cancel thats your call

SixDs said:

Thanks, Serum. I had no problem whatsoever with the download.

wohoo somebody happy haha enjoy :)

• Got the email:  thanks!

I guess just a note to say "Allow 12 to 24 hrs for link delivery" would be fine for most of these cases.  Thank you for this.

Got the email:  thanks!

I guess just a note to say "Allow 12 to 24 hrs for link delivery" would be fine for most of these cases.  Thank you for this.

its usually instant but i was having a few teething issues and once i fixed them i re initiated the emails manually so you would get the email you should of got at the time :)

• Serum said:

I tried to download and got a message from my virus scanner that the download was dangerous.

some virus scanners will kick up just because its a zip file or its name nothing i can do my end unfortunately i respect your choice to cancel thats your call

I download freebie zip files all the time and this never happens.  I'll call this one a glitch and try it again just to help you get the bugs out and get your site up and running smoothly.

Serum said:

I download freebie zip files all the time and this never happens.  I'll call this one a glitch and try it again just to help you get the bugs out and get your site up and running smoothly.

yeh its packed on a clean system its most likely one of those random errors where its pick up some naming convention of the pack or something i really have no answers to fixing it if i cant replicate the problem totally understand if you dont download though its your system at the end of the day :)

• I tried it again and this is what happened.

At the beginning of the download, McAfee said "Scanning your download just to be safe." (always says that)  The download started same as always by asking me what I wanted to do with it. (same as always)  I picked a location on my HD and started the download.  (always do that)  These types of things usually take only seconds to download.  Yours went very slowly!  10 mb downloaded, 12 mb downloaded, 14 mb downloaded...etc...all the way to 193 mb downloaded!  That took quite a while right there! 

At this point the download stopped, and a McAfee pop-up said "WARNING!  Whoa there!  That download contains viruses, malware or potentially unwanted programs!  What do you want to do?  [click one] cancel download; proceed with download"

I waited a while to see what would happen but it just hung at that point waiting for input from me.  Not sure if there's anything you can do about this.  Sometimes virus scanners are just ornery! 

I canceled, but will probably end up trying it again and ignoring the warning.  It is a very nice model.  Thanks for donating it to us poor part-time artists! 

I tried it again and this is what happened.

At the beginning of the download, McAfee said "Scanning your download just to be safe." (always says that)  The download started same as always by asking me what I wanted to do with it. (same as always)  I picked a location on my HD and started the download.  (always do that)  These types of things usually take only seconds to download.  Yours went very slowly!  10 mb downloaded, 12 mb downloaded, 14 mb downloaded...etc...all the way to 193 mb downloaded!  That took quite a while right there! 

At this point the download stopped, and a McAfee pop-up said "WARNING!  Whoa there!  That download contains viruses, malware or potentially unwanted programs!  What do you want to do?  [click one] cancel download; proceed with download"

I waited a while to see what would happen but it just hung at that point waiting for input from me.  Not sure if there's anything you can do about this.  Sometimes virus scanners are just ornery! 

I canceled, but will probably end up trying it again and ignoring the warning.  It is a very nice model.  Thanks for donating it to us poor part-time artists! 

i appreciate your dilemma and i cant tell you to ignore the choice. its not my system its not my call i dont use mcafe personally but i do get occasional are you sure messages for other downloads.

size wise yes this was intended as a pretty big pack haha.

there really is nothing i can do about this unfortunately 

I got the download now but when download is completed, the rar file is damaged. First time it stopped at 79.9 mb and second time at 87.1 mb.  Not sure why this is.  I can't see the file size of what it should be.  It do not say for instance during download the file is now at say 50mb of 100mb, etc.  It just shows how far the download is during process. Please tell me the size so I know how far it is from full completion.

launok said:

I got the download now but when download is completed, the rar file is damaged. First time it stopped at 79.9 mb and second time at 87.1 mb.  Not sure why this is.  I can't see the file size of what it should be.  It do not say for instance during download the file is now at say 50mb of 100mb, etc.  It just shows how far the download is during process. Please tell me the size so I know how far it is from full completion.

its not a rar file its zip but its 193mb

i am currently looking at media storage options so speeds should improve

okay so i have now upgraded my back end storage delivery so anyone should get faster delivery now

okay so that was a moderately stressful 24 hours i think everything should be okay now new sites always have teething issues. call errors should be now sorted, download speed should be sorted downloads appearing is now sorted if you have had issues let me know if you need me to resend you the new download link 

• I tried it again and the download was still very slow, but then again, it was a huge file!

I ignored the virus scanner warning and everything proceeded normally.  I managed to locate and load the file, match up the textures and do a quick 3Delight render.  Hmm..no one mentioned there were 2 texture sets.  One for 3Delight and one for Iray.

The Iray set bogged down my computer and it locked up.  I'm in need of an upgrade anyway.

All seems good.  Safe download but beware!  It's HUGE!

Thanks Serum!

yeh where possible i try to include both iray and 3dl or at least the base 3dl model for those with systems less powerful and yes its a big file but should be a lot quicker now than it was its switched across to dropbox pro which is amazon based i would of loved to take it straight onto an amazon S3 server but i need people to actually buy some of my products first haha 

I have power problems with my adsl modem which got partly damaged during a power outage some weeks ago and reboots itself at times.  Large files are currently problematic as I never know when it will reboot frown.  Download accelerators do not pick it up.  I am waiting for a replacement adsl router and will have to wait to download this great freebie! Thanks anyway, this is a great station to add to town/city renders! smiley

launok said:

I have power problems with my adsl modem which got partly damaged during a power outage some weeks ago and reboots itself at times.  Large files are currently problematic as I never know when it will reboot frown.  Download accelerators do not pick it up.  I am waiting for a replacement adsl router and will have to wait to download this great freebie! Thanks anyway, this is a great station to add to town/city renders! smiley

Given its size you may want to invest in the decimator off thr daz store if you intend to use it as part of a larger city scene