AniMate2

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in New Users

What happened to Gofigure3D? Are they still in business? Their site seems to be running on automatic or just bounces to DAZ.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    What happened to Gofigure3D? Are they still in business? Their site seems to be running on automatic or just bounces to DAZ.

yes they are still going - been helping with DS , I think it was posted some where .

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Does this mean that the aniblocks will someday work with Genesis?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Does this mean that the aniblocks will someday work with Genesis?

Most of them do now anyway. Which ones don;t work for you?

There is a fix for the feet on the GoFigure site if that is what you mean.

edited December 1969

I did mean the feet and similar quirks that made me give up on AniMate2. If I was only doing a couple of scenes, it wouldn't be an issue. But when you are trying to create a story with lots of 5-10 cuts, you kinda just want it to work? In the long list of work arounds that are required to create something more than 30 sec "isn't this cute" clips, every work around is an opportunity to miss something that you catch at the last minute that causes you to have to do some massive reedit. Worse, you only see that foot sticking up when a viewer points it out to you.

That wasn't supposed to be a rant, just an explanation of why, if it is known to be broken, it would be nice to get it fixed. I bought Animate 2 and some AniBlocks. I was set to buy more when I found out about the incompatibility between A2 and Gn. If they ever fix this incompatibilityI will try again.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,,,have you tried to apply this aniblock as sub track?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8256/#109178

and you can adjust the foot poze by high heel off set,, ,

ofcourse,, I hope new ani -block products for genesis will be rereased from go fgure or another bendor.

I need more and more anblock ^^;

edited December 1969

Hi,,,have you tried to apply this aniblock as sub track?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8256/#109178

and you can adjust the foot poze by high heel off set,, ,

ofcourse,, I hope new ani -block products for genesis will be rereased from go fgure or another bendor.

I need more and more anblock ^^;

Where do put the .gfa file?
    edited December 1969

After create a figure, how do I save it so that it fully loads with all the props etc?

When I use the "Save a new Character preset" sometimes I get a prompt saying I need to select an item. Others times it loads with wardrobe etc.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Vindazi :)

you can save as a Daz Scene,. then you can use Merge to open that into another scene.

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

I was able to find and use materials under the surfaces tab to apply the color and texture to the bow and arrow of arcane archery. See attachment.

Now I can't seem to bring up a materials selections when I choose the bow. What step could I be leaving out?

Archer.jpg
    352 x 456 - 87K
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI Vindazi :)

you can save as a Daz Scene,. then you can use Merge to open that into another scene.

Thanks

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    I was able to find and use materials under the surfaces tab to apply the color and texture to the bow and arrow of arcane archery. See attachment.

Now I can't seem to bring up a materials selections when I choose the bow. What step could I be leaving out?

You may not be selecting it at all. You should use the Scene pane to select the Bow, then the surfaces will appear in the Surfaces tab.

You could also use the Texture Selection Tool, select the area on the bow that you want, when it lights up, clcik on it and then go to the Surfaces pane.

edited December 1969

Thanks I will try again.

edited December 1969

I am trying to place Eastern Dragon poses into the correct folder. I am using Daz 4 on a Mac running 10.6 on and intel duocore 2 with 4 gigs of ram. Which of these folders should I put it into.

My_Libray_screnshot.jpg
    585 x 872 - 194K
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:

You may not be selecting it at all. You should use the Scene pane to select the Bow, then the surfaces will appear in the Surfaces tab.

You could also use the Texture Selection Tool, select the area on the bow that you want, when it lights up, clcik on it and then go to the Surfaces pane.

OK I tried it and for some reason I still can't get it to show up.

And where is the Texture Selection tool?

Archer_Egypt_Bow.jpg
    1364 x 787 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Now it is working again. but still quirky.

edited December 1969

I would like to rotate this arrow so that the arrowhead is flat to view. I have tried the translation and rotation parameters, but they work on the axis of the length of the shaft. How can I rotate the arrowhead with the axis being the core of the shaft?

Arrowhead_1.jpg
    379 x 182 - 22K
    edited December 1969

I am trying to place a figure created in Daz into Bryce. The Bryce example was converted from an obj file because the "export to Bryce" was much worse. The bow and arrow was even absent in the DS Br export.

How can I get these to play nice?

Bryce_Archer.jpg
    250 x 364 - 44K
    Archer_gbow_daz.jpg
    287 x 431 - 43K
    edited December 1969

In Daz Studio,. You can create a NULL object, (a wire-frame helper which doesn't appear in your render)

The Arrow can be "Parented" to the NULL object,. then you can rotate the Null object, and the barrow will move with it

To parent the Arrow, to the Null,.
    you would open the SCENE list,. and select the "Arrow" from the list , and drag 'n' drop it onto the entry for the new NULL object you've added to the list.

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    In Daz Studio,. You can create a NULL object, (a wire-frame helper which doesn't appear in your render)

The Arrow can be "Parented" to the NULL object,. then you can rotate the Null object, and the barrow will move with it

To parent the Arrow, to the Null,.
    you would open the SCENE list,. and select the "Arrow" from the list , and drag 'n' drop it onto the entry for the new NULL object you've added to the list.

When I do that the arrow disappears.

edited December 1969

Does it disappear from the scene list,. ?
    or has it moved because you've parented it to another object.

Ideally the objects you're parenting together should be positioned close together , and "Zeroed" before you Parent them.

Also...

Is the arrow an independent prop object, or is it part of the bow. ?

It could be that the Arrow is a smart prop for the bow. ...

have you checked in the Parameters section, to see if the Arrow has any options to allow you to rotate it from there. ?

edited November 2012

3DAGE said:
    Does it disappear from the scene list,. ?
    or has it moved because you've parented it to another object.

Ideally the objects you're parenting together should be positioned close together , and "Zeroed" before you Parent them.

Also...

Is the arrow an independent prop object, or is it part of the bow. ?

It could be that the Arrow is a smart prop for the bow. ...

have you checked in the Parameters section, to see if the Arrow has any options to allow you to rotate it from there. ?

I parented the null to the right hand and dropped the arrow onto the null. Inside the null the arrow disappears. When I take it out of the null it comes back.

The arrow is an independent prop.

I tried the rotational and translational parameter controls for the arrow, didn't work.

The trans parameters

Arrow_Parameters.jpg
    749 x 767 - 131K
    Arrow_seen.jpg
    711 x 488 - 94K
    Arrow_unseen.jpg
    718 x 516 - 98K
    Post edited by vindazi on
    edited December 1969

you may need,, when you parent your arrow to null,, adjust the positon and local axis,, first.
    then you change null positon,, the parented item move with null.

I do not know how you set the null,, but I try with other produc arrow,,and rotate aroow by null with local axis.
    (or I may set bone, then rotate the arrow. but you may not want to set bone for your arrow prop, I think)

1. load arrow prop on to the scene.

2.create new null.

3 translate null , and roatate null ,to set null rocal axis, along arrow shape.

(it may different with arrow local axis.
    because,, often prop local axis, do not along the prop shape.)

you may need to change 3d view, top and front ,then adjust null rotation, with the arrow shape.

4, set arrow parented the null. now you select the null , the local axis fit to the arrow shape.

5. once you set parented,, you better not select arrow.

drug and rotate the null to adjust the arrow positon where you want. it semes easy by wrold axis.

6, now you can rotate your arrow , by use null rocal axis, along to the arrow shape.

but,,,, it can only work about,, manual rotaiton in 3d view with universal tool. ..
    the cotroller parameter are not rocal axis,, so you can not rotate aroow along the shape by parameter ^^;

arrow_5.JPG
    1011 x 553 - 97K
    arrow4.JPG
    802 x 539 - 66K
    arrow3.JPG
    1232 x 562 - 120K
    arrow2.JPG
    942 x 546 - 79K
    arrow1.JPG
    1163 x 560 - 85K
    edited December 1969

one more pic may need,,,

I think there may be more easy way ? I want to know,,, how rotate the object along the shape,,with animation,
    by Local axis in ds 4.5? if need manual rotation?
    or,,Animate can do it?

arrow6.JPG
    966 x 595 - 103K