smart content doesnt work

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

even though i have lots of different types of materials for some figures it doesnt show up at all in smart content. Only materials that are availabe in smart content are the default one. How to make it work

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

It would help if you provided information on what items you are having issues with as some older products don't have Metadata yet hence there will not show up in Smart Content. However they will all show up in the "Content Library"

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

Szark said:
    It would help if you provided information on what items you are having issues with as some older products don't have Metadata yet hence there will not show up in Smart Content. However they will all show up in the "Content Library"

only the default stuff which you get in daz when u install it works.Rest of the content which you install seperately even though you have metdata it doesnt show up in smart content at all.
    edited December 1969

When you installed the new content "With Metadata" and opened Daz Studio, did you get the Metadata processing window?

• edited December 1969

No it didnt

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I've only been using Daz for a short time, but I thought I'd add my input if it helps. I've discovered Daz generally displays content appropriate for the item you have selected, for example clothing materials if you have a dress selected, or skin if it's a character. The first thing to do is ensure you're selecting the correct model if you don't immediately see your content, which you can do using the scene panel (by default this will be on the right-hand pane).

Also, as mentioned by Szark content tends to install metadata which is initialized when you run Daz. A window should pop up detailing the new content and then it will add the necessary information. Not all content does this though, so you might have to check your Content Library to find some items.

Other than that the only thing I can suggest you check is that the install directory matches that used by Daz. It's a silly thing, but generally some of the most frustrating problems have the simplest answers. If you still get problems, post back with extra information such as what you're trying to install and where and we might be able to help you further. Good luck.

edited December 1969

No it didnt
    Well there is your problem...It must have when you first install Daz Studio otherwise you would be seeing the default content...sounds like you turned off by mistake.

First lets turn it on F2 (Preferences) > Startup Tab > and check "Show Metadata Import Page

Close down Daz Studio and repopen...hopfully the Metadata will get processes....If not we have one more thing to try. :)

• edited December 1969

Szark said:
    No it didnt
    Well there is your problem...It must have when you first install Daz Studio otherwise you would be seeing the default content...sounds like you turned off by mistake.

First lets turn it on F2 (Preferences) > Startup Tab > and check "Show Metadata Import Page

Close down Daz Studio and repopen...hopfully the Metadata will get processes....If not we have one more thing to try. :)
    Well i did it but as usual it always gives me a error duplicate formulas found blah blah blah and processing close downs.

edited November 2012

This may apply to your issue I keep getting Duplicate Formula errors - what is happening? and Duplicate Formula Error

I didn't ask earlier exactly what version of Daz Studio you are using so that above may be of some use.

Have you updated your Genesis related purchases?This thread Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of shows what has been updated, reset your downloads in your account page under the "Itemized Order History" section and reinstall the updated content.

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

got rid of that error but still smart content is not working

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Not working at all, or just not showing some products?

If it is not working at all, then your CMS is probably not running, check in the Processes in Task manager.

• edited December 1969

Not working at all, or just not showing some products?

If it is not working at all, then your CMS is probably not running, check in the Processes in Task manager.

Just showing default products

• edited December 1969

Ok it processed metadata for the content that i just installed. But what about the contents that i have already installed how to process metdata for that.

edited November 2012

Ok time to reset the metadata.

Go to the Content Library Pane (not Smart Content) and click on the Options box, refer to images below for guidance.

ResetDatabaseNew1.jpg
    285 x 265 - 64K
    ResetDatabaseNew.jpg
    523 x 1009 - 132K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on