Genesis to V4 clothing question

DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

I was setting up a character for a new scene. I was looking through the smart content tab for an out fit. Stumbled across the Jersey dress. Now I couldn't remember if this was Genesis specific, or a V4 outfit. They really need to mark these things better. So I decided to just try it. Since I was in the beginning stage of set up. I could undo or start over if needed. So I tried it. And lo and behold it worked. But... It fitted to V4 like I would expect it to fit to Genesis.

Now. I looked up the product in the store. And it IS, a genesis compatible product. V4 isn't listed as a compatible figure. Now, What am I missing here. If the Genesis clothing works with V4. Why don't they list it. Am I missing something or what? I've attached V4 wearing the jersey dress. Looks good to me. Is there a downside?

Thanks
Dale

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I think you got lucky; genesis clothing isn't compatible with Gen4 due to rigging differences.

• DaleCar_06ae99e4f4DaleCar_06ae99e4f4 Posts: 178
    edited December 1969

LOL. In 3d there is no luck. it either works, or it fails to work, or you screw around for hours trying to make it work.

It seems unlikely to be just luck. Since all 4 parts of the outfit work. If it was just one part. maybe luck. But all 4. Doubtful, thats luck. It poses as I change things no problem. The only thing I had to do once was morph the belt wider.

Now I'm working on a scene. So I haven't had time to experiment with other outfits. Has anyone tried using Genesis clothing with V4? Seems unlikely after all this time. But at least Jersey dress looks like it works with both Genesis and V4.

Dale

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DaleCar said:
    LOL. In 3d there is no luck. it either works, or it fails to work, or you screw around for hours trying to make it work.

It seems unlikely to be just luck. Since all 4 parts of the outfit work. If it was just one part. maybe luck. But all 4. Doubtful, thats luck. It poses as I change things no problem. The only thing I had to do once was morph the belt wider.

Now I'm working on a scene. So I haven't had time to experiment with other outfits. Has anyone tried using Genesis clothing with V4? Seems unlikely after all this time. But at least Jersey dress looks like it works with both Genesis and V4.

Dale

It's possible that its one of the rare items that had a genesis and v4 version and you used the v4 version. Otherwise it wouldn't have conformed to v4...

edited December 1969

I did check the product page. Listed just "Genesis" under compatible subjects. Hard to say. I'm working on something using jersey dress. Right now, or I'd test it with something else for genesis. But he dress does conform to V4 like genesis. When you initially apply it it isn't fitting properly, then you get that shrink wrap effect. Everytime I move the character, the dress, boots, and belt disappear.then reform around the character, like it would with genesis. V4 conforming clothes or dynamic clothes don't work that way.

Dale

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have read in other threads that many, not all, Genesis items work pretty good on the Gen 4 figures. The only way to know is to just try.

edited December 1969

I hadn't seen that, Not in the forums as much as I used to be, unless I have a questions.

At least for Jersey dress it seems to work surprisingly well. Just surprised they don't list it as compatible for V4 if they work. Still a lot that haven't went to Genesis. I'm still only using that character sporadicly. But if the products work with V4 that opens the door to a whole new group of customers

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

That sounds more like DS4's smoothing and collision working against V4 then. It's not really conforming to V4 per se.

edited December 1969

I'm not sure I'm technicly proficient enough to see the difference. Looks almost exactly like what happens in genesis, but maybe just a hair slower. Anyway it works. Better than standard gen 4 conforming clothing so far. No poke through. The single adjustment I made to the belt, was a bit of the dress poking through. Not V4 herself

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have read in other threads that many, not all, Genesis items work pretty good on the Gen 4 figures. The only way to know is to just try.

Colour me surprised...I haven't heard that before!