Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Hortas!!! Adult and baby :-) Tunnel and egg! Have fun :-)

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
    New textures.
    Several shading domains so one doesn't need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
    Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby's is a tad smaller on the paper.
    The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats ;-) [trust me on that one]
    Horta loading in Poser 7 'as is' had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn't do that in D/S.
    oh well ...

oh yes, there's a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

Need to say this to Poser 9 users, make sure you check the high light setting in the material room, If you don't ,you'll end up with a purple Horta!
    (Reminds me of that old Night Gallery episode about the old Lady. "What do you get when you planet old lady fingers? Old Ladies!")

But purple is such a nice colour hehehe ...

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2012

mdbruffy said:
    Hortas!!! Adult and baby :-) Tunnel and egg! Have fun :-)

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
    New textures.
    Several shading domains so one doesn't need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
    Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby's is a tad smaller on the paper.
    The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats ;-) [trust me on that one]
    Horta loading in Poser 7 'as is' had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn't do that in D/S.
    oh well ...

oh yes, there's a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

Need to say this to Poser 9 users, make sure you check the high light setting in the material room, If you don't ,you'll end up with a purple Horta!
    (Reminds me of that old Night Gallery episode about the old Lady. "What do you get when you planet old lady fingers? Old Ladies!")

But purple is such a nice colour hehehe ...

LOL!! :lol:

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Cool :)

here is a render of the USS Libertine

uss-libertine-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 155K
    edited December 1969

This is the Horta in Poser 7 "as it loads". To me it looks like it might if zapped by a phaser of sometype.

HortaPoser7.png
    783 x 799 - 307K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

This is the Horta in Poser 7 "as it loads". To me it looks like it might if zapped by a phaser of sometype.

Nah, it's gone psychedelic because it got cast in a remake of "Saturday Night Live!" :-)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Nah, it's gone psychedelic because it got cast in a remake of "Saturday Night Live!" :-)

hahaha! Good one.

@ those using M4, there's a free texture set available that has 'veins':

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69905 Patrick for M4

• edited December 1969

Ships.
    Here's a render of mine from a few years ago. Question- has anyone created a good Enterprise bridge-from the series "Enterprise?"

This might be what you are looking for:

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?productID=100

There is link at the bottom of the page which gives you a texture set to make it the NX01 bridge.

Hope this helps

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Non ST conversion comming soon - Please see here for images - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/171726/

>SQUEE!!!!<</p>

Hooboy, this is way better than the Celestia B5 stuff I converted a while back. Excellent! Renders nicely, too.

I also like the look of the other two ST ships. Is that a non-canon carrier? Don't see much of those outside the StarFleet Battles games.

I am not sure where David got the design from. I have never seen it before. To my knowledge, it was just another cargo ship.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mattymax Great star fury B5 rocks

B5.jpg
    1217 x 769 - 531K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.
    When beaming with Mr Pocks & Captain Jerk, Ensign Randi suffers a minor transporter mishap.

12-11-23_toontrekOops.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 395K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

Ships.
    Here's a render of mine from a few years ago. Question- has anyone created a good Enterprise bridge-from the series "Enterprise?"

vanishing point has a set and a free texture to make it look like the show version:

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/productdetail.asp?ProductID=100

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited November 2012

Here are a couple of images I did using Draconian's antenna reworked by PTROPE and Mylochka's Andorian texture for V4. I was going for a "What if...An Andorian lived on today's Earth.

Andorian_Cheescake_for_daz.jpg
    912 x 1900 - 899K
    Andorian_Badgirl_final_for_daz.jpg
    1900 x 1140 - 756K
    Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited December 1969

Ummm, LOL, just to give the Andorian females back some dignity, here is a star ship officer :P ;)

andorian1-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 239K
    edited December 1969

dawned on me, I think i posted that already in here LOL

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Just messing about.
    When beaming with Mr Pocks & Captain Jerk, Ensign Randi suffers a minor transporter mishap.

>snrk< Took me a moment to notice the "proper, cool First Officer" doing the sehlat-ears thing behind the Captain's head.

Well, you wouldn't expect a Vulcan to do rabbit-ears, would you...? :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Madman's USS Voyager and USS Federation are now avaialble over at DeviantART.

MM-USS_Federation-03.jpg
    900 x 900 - 281K
    MM-JJVoyager-01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 403K
    edited December 1969

working on renders of both as I type this :)

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Ships.

The NX Bridges Pack (3) by Lurok91 for Bridge Commander is pretty good. You get the Series 1-3 version, the Series 4 version, the NX-02 Columbia version, and even the Terran Empire mirror universe version. There was info in previous threads on converting BC bridges and ships to Poser or DS. Not hard. Use (free) Nifscope to convert to obj, and any of a number of image editors (like Irfanview, for instance) to batch convert the .tga textures to jpegs, and a text editor to a batch search and replace .tga with .jpg in the .mtl file. Then import the obj into DS or poser, roatate and scale, then save as a prop. Of couse you can separate out the doors and chairs to have them as separate, moveable components.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/NX_Bridges_Pack;119487

(If you haven't been to the BC site for awhile, there's an ongoing bug that means that sometimes pages will come up showing an error. If so, just reload the page and if necessary keep reoloading. Eventually the proper page content will load if you are patient.)

edited December 1969

MM - JJ Voyager

mm-jj-voyager-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1501 - 184K
    edited December 1969

and the Federation

mm-jj-ussfederation-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1501 - 212K
  • DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Ships.

I believe there is one available, but it is not a freebie.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Playing with new stuff

Follow.png
    1258 x 870 - 562K
    edited December 1969

Great image Moto, I think you might have and to be honest this is the image that made me go with Mylochka's bright blue skin for my character. I will try to find something that will have her wearing more clothing next time.

edited December 1969

Great image Moto, I think you might have and to be honest this is the image that made me go with Mylochka's bright blue skin for my character. I will try to find something that will have her wearing more clothing next time.

Oh :) i was just joking about the decency thing lol

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited November 2012

with all the toon treks being posted i thought i might give a few of the aliens a go

toon_gorn.jpg
    823 x 506 - 33K
    toon_tellerite.jpg
    823 x 506 - 35K
    toon_andorians.jpg
    823 x 506 - 32K
    toon_romulans.jpg
    823 x 506 - 35K
    toon_klingons.jpg
    823 x 506 - 38K
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Oh :) i was just joking about the decency thing lol

OK I wasn't to sure but that was how I took it. So all is good. I was actually tossing around the idea of adding an Orion wearing Mylochka's new Orion skin with her and doing a render that way. I am also working on a Star Trek/Star Wars cross over image with her so that should prove interesting.

edited December 1969

Cool :) cant wait to see them

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

anyone ever make a post TNG Constellation? As in TNG phaser strips, etc?

edited December 1969

Madman's Intrepid Pathfinder - Now at DA

MM-Intrepid_Pathfinder-02.jpg
    900 x 900 - 380K
  • mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65897/view/11/Poser/STO-Academy-Uniform-Textures-for-V4-Courageous

Cadet and Instructor uniform textures (with tunic, pants, tunic with skirt, tall boots, and short boots) from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's V4 Courageous costume. There are texture mats with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

Praise Jesus that I'm finally done with these!!! Uniform textures aren't as demanding to create as some other types of costume textures, but, by Kahless's Left Nostril, are they ever booooooooring to work on. All those different versions of the same thing in different colors... I'm going space-blind, I swear....

I'm going to convert the Cardassian bodysuit textures to V4 and then I'm done with uniforms for a while. Got a pile of hair requests.

I think the next time I get a uniform texture request, I'm going to post a sketch of the costume on my DA page and not start work until I get pledges from enough folks to pay me $5, $10, or $20 when I post to make it worth all the mind-numbing not-fun time I have to spend on these...

CadetSkirtRedAd.jpg
    453 x 669 - 279K
This discussion has been closed.