* CLOSED* RRRR October voting thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Hello,

it's time to vote, to judge and be judged. Everyone can vote, not only those who participated, but only one vote-casting per person and no self voting.

The voting is as usual bit for those who hasn't done RRRR voting before, this is how it is done.

We have two categories, Best and Funniest.
You cast five votes in each category with the point 5-4-3-2-1, higher is better.
Voting is done through SurveyMonkey at this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/67Z7CHM

But you are encouraged to write down your votes in this thread as well (Survey Monkey is to make to counting easier).

Browse the entries in the RRRR thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9325/
The tags on each entry correspond to a tag in the voting page. (Thanks to bohemian3 for setting up the SurveyMonkey!)

Now, prices and winning!
You can only win one price in each category. If your images take multiple placements, the best is counted, the rest are removed leaving the slot for those behind.

The prices are (in each category).
First prize: $60 + BWC Morphing Country Road
Second place: $40 + BWC Guillotine
Third place: $15 + BWC 80s Punk
Fourth place: $5

And thanks again to all sponsors.

Extended voting time due to the little problems with inconsistency.

The voting is open from now to Tuesday December 4 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time (which is early monday morning here)

Let the voting begin!

Edit: Remembered that those overseas might be busy this weekend meeting families so I extended the voting time past the festivities.

IMPORTANT ON VOTING!

I just got it clarified from bohemian3, who set up the voting system. 1 is 5 points, 5 is one point, which make me think of the holy hand-grenade scene in Life of Brian.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Going through all the entries now :D
    Thanks for putting this up!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

My votes:

Best:
    5 Points - TAG:Luci45#5 "The New Maid" I just love this one and the story
    4 Points - Tag:Sasje#6 "SSSSHHHHT" Just wonderful, the poses, light.
    3 Points - barbult#5 "Contact" - This is so lovely and weird at the same time!
    2 Points - TAG: emsim#2 "Need a lift?" - Fab render and the it just went to my heart
    1 Point - TAG:MelanieL#5 "A Moment of Reflection" - I love the serenity on this one, great render!

Funniest:
    5 Points - TAG: Denny L #1 "Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim" - The idea and execution, and M4 expression just rocks!
    4 points - TAG:Luci45#4 "Half-Toon Girl" - Marvelous! Lunacy amp cranked up to 11!
    3 Points - TAG: Winterlace#4 - "She’s a bit big ..." Not a toon fan but this is hilarious! And the flag, brilliant!
    2 Points - TAG: KaribousBoutique #3 - "The Modern And Archaic Methods of Beating A Dead Horse" - This one is really nutty, love it!
    1 Point - TAG: Pixel8ted#6 - "Pranked" - Just to funny, and Killer Shark just made it really great!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

bohemian3
    Posted: 11 November 2012 03:51 PM, post 249 doesn't have a tag on it for voting.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    bohemian3
    Posted: 11 November 2012 03:51 PM, post 249 doesn't have a tag on it for voting.

He told me it was a "NA" Entry, I wanted to vote on it as well ;-)

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    barbult said:
    bohemian3

Too bad. That was on my short list also.

With so many well done entries, I find it really hard to decide. Well, at least that's one I can scratch through...

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this is going to take awhile to go through so many entries before I can sort out my votes.

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:
    Totte said:
    barbult said:
    bohemian3

Too bad. That was on my short list also.

With so many well done entries, I find it really hard to decide. Well, at least that's one I can scratch through...
    On mine, too! Well, at least I have now one place open again ... so many fantastic entries. I really don't know where to start.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited November 2012

Okay, I voted. While I'm not going to lie and say I wish I could vote for them all, I do wish I had a couple more votes. It would have been nice to award ties too, especially for the 1st and 2nd place choice.

I found it hard though to remember to tick box 5 for 1st place. It felt so....wrong. lol

-----------
    BTW, my favorite render out of all of them was Sedor#1. Really like the gritty, post-apocolyptic feel of the image and the expressions on the women's faces. Quite a pleasant surprise given the items pulled.

(Not going to reveal the rest of my votes atm)

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

Any tips on the best way to review all of the entries quickly/easily? I stated writing down the entries I liked as I browsed but then got too many items and comparing was going to be a pain. Thinking of opening up contenders in new tabs and then dropping off my least favourite as Igo but that still leaves the question of how to keep track of the entry number for each image. Any suggestions?

edited December 1969

Uh Oh! I see an inconsistency in the voting instructions. The instructions on this thread say that we are awarding points 5-4-3-2-1, higher is better. But the survey says "Select the images you think are the BEST, with 1 being the highest, overall best." Please clarify ASAP. I believe we have always said 5 is the best, not 1.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Uh Oh! I see an inconsistency in the voting instructions. The instructions on this thread say that we are awarding points 5-4-3-2-1, higher is better. But the survey says "Select the images you think are the BEST, with 1 being the highest, overall best." Please clarify ASAP. I believe we have always said 5 is the best, not 1.

Yes, that is confusing. Does voting a "1" mean you are giving it five points? Help, Totte! :roll:

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Well... I haven't looked what at the Survey page is mentioned as I have had the 5-4-3-2-1 (higher = better) rule from this thread in mind and used that.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

The voting page said 1=best (or something like that) so I used that...

• edited November 2012

Estroyer said:
    The voting page said 1=best (or something like that) so I used that...

Same here. I went by the survey page without noticing the inconsistency.

EDIT: looks like this has been clarified in the original post.

Post edited by zzmx44_ba245b172f on
    edited December 1969

Well, my votes are backwards then, because I was following the instructions in this thread, not realizing that 1=5 and 5=1, etc. How can I change my vote now that the rules are clarified?

edited November 2012

My Votes are all backwards too I think! Now I'm not sure. What a mess. lol

I voted 1st place image...tick 5
    2nd Place...tick 4

etc....

If that's wrong. someone please change it.

edited December 1969

OK, I tell bohemian to reset the votes, I think thats best as most of us went for 5 as 5 and not 5 as 1.
    hang on, I give it another few days for voting also.

edited November 2012

OK, because of the mixup, (half votes 1 as 5 points, half 1 as 1 point (1 IS 5 Points), we cleared the swurveymonkey.

These had voted so far
    barbult
    3DProclivity
    mCarr
    Sedor
    Totte

Update!!

Comment here if you need to revote and I will drop your previous vote.
    I think Barbult and Sedor and I made it wrong, I will remove those results, please revote!

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I guess I need to revote if are we really using the 1=5 and 5=1 scheme.

edited November 2012

barbult said:
    Yes, I guess I need to revote if are we really using the 1=5 and 5=1 scheme.

Thy shall count to three ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
  • Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is adacey#2 missing from the lists?

edited December 1969

I have revoted with the new 1=best scheme. There were some NAE that I would have loved to vote for, and soooo many really good ones. This is what I chose:

Best
    1 (best) Warmblood #1 "The Rescuers" I love the lighting, poses and expressions.
    2 Lady Winterlace #4 "She’s a bit big ..." Again it is the lighting, poses and expressions and the clever use of items that attracted me"
    3 Lici45 #4 "Half-Toon Girl" I liked all those toon characters and the plasma burst or whatever that is in the scene.
    4 Sasje #4 "Protect by the dogs" I liked the unusual lighting and the human and dog expressions. It is suspenseful.
    5 Totte #3 "The mind reading in Area 51" It has cows and great lighting and clever item usage.

Funniest
    1 (best) Denny L #1 "Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim" Such clever posing of the random items, and the holding breath expression is priceless.
    2 Totte #4 "Nuclear power plant operator" I love the theme of this one and the way she is oblivious to the alarms.
    3 Lici45 #5 "The New Maid" All the little clutter touches added make this one so funny
    4 Obanion #1 "combining the wedding with the bachelor party" Just the thought that Michael would be so clueless is hilarious.
    5 KaribousBoutique #3 "The Modern And Archaic Methods of Beating A Dead Horse" Clever theme, glad it wasn't pulled for "violence"!

edited December 1969

Yeah, looks like it is :-(

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2012

this is kinda difficult, not being able to see the entries together.
    okay, found a method. i copy all the images so i can tile them - will delete after i vote.

my voting tallies: :coolsmile:

best
    1 TAG:barbult#2 - Lost
    2 TAG:MelanieL#6 - The Ninja Witches Go Shopping
    3 TAG:Sasje#1 - what story does it tell
    4 TAG:mhossack#1 - Contemplation
    5 Tag:Sasje#2 - Please look at the camera

funny
    1 TAG: emsim#2 -Need a Lift?
    2 TAG:MelanieL#4 - And how will you open the gates?
    3 TAG: Pixel8ted#6 - Title: Pranked
    4 Tag: Pixel8ted#2 - A Hot Mess
    5 Tag: Ostadan#1 - Audition

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited November 2012

Here's how I voted:

Best category

1. Sasje#1 I love all the shadow detail.
    2. Barbult#2 Serious amount of detail in this one...faces in review mirror, etc
    3. Luci45#3 Love the night lighting
    4. Luci45#4 Great composition
    5. Kaputcha#4 Very fanciful

Funniest

1. Goherus#2 LOL funny.
    2. Barbult #4 LOL magic gone wrong...
    3. Winterlace #4 She's a bit big...LOL. Bonus points for name of image.
    4. Sasje#2. LOL. Looks like someone's going to have a lot of questions...
    5. DennyL#1. LOL. Very imaginative.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

I had a really hard time voting, worse than ever, as there were so many super renders. Here's my vote and I feel bad about the ones I left out - 10 in each category would have been easier.

Best
    barbult#3 Don’t Judge a Book by Its Cover
    Winterlace#4 She’s a bit big ...
    Kaputcha#7 The Storyteller
    Sasje#7 A little help with magic
    Totte#4Nuclear power plant operator

Funniest
    Sasje#2 “Please look at the camera”
    Denny L #1 Pet T-Rex Can’t Swim
    Totte#6 Dr. Horrible’s Garage Sale
    Ostadan#1 ‘Let’s Put On A Show’?
    MelanieL#7 Wildlife and Wilder Life

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited December 1969

Glad I didn't vote too quickly and so missed out on the confusion.
    I agree with Luci45 - chosing was pretty tough and 10 placings might have been a bit easier! I also feel bad about the entries I had to drop from my "short" list, but here goes:

Best:
    5 points = Sasje#6 "SSSSHHHHT!" - I just love this one
    4 points = Luci45#1 "The Stargazer" - really pretty composition and nice effects
    3 points = barbult#5 "Contact" - it just grabs me somehow!
    2 points = Luci45#3 "Purple Pansies" - the colours and lighting attract me to this one too
    1 point = Sasje#1 "Hmmmm what kind of story..." - very effective light/shade contrasts

Funniest:
    5 points = barbult#3 "Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover" - I really like the idea behind this one
    4 points = Denny L#1 "Pet T-Rex Can't Swim" - just love the weirdness and the man's expression
    3 points = emsim#2 "Need a Lift?" - love the expression
    2 points = KaribousBoutique#1 "I don't think we're in NVIATWAS..." - the parody really appeals to me
    1 point = Winterlace#4 "She's a Bit Big" - love the concept again

edited November 2012

I Check with Bohemian we both went through the lists, maybe I can add it right now.

It's there nw, sorry, wo both ran through all pages (next time it will be one images only thread and one normal where we post pulls etc).

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

I Check with Bohemian we both went through the lists, maybe I can add it right now.

It's there nw, sorry, wo both ran through all pages (next time it will be one images only thread and one normal where we post pulls etc).

Thanks both to Lady Winterlace for catching this, and Totte for fixing it.

edited November 2012

Here are my votes again (with a few position changes). I don't usually like to post them publicly but under the circumstance, probably a good idea. If you didn't make my list you are probably on someone else's, so don't sweat it. ;)

Best

1. Sedor#1 - Already commented on why I liked this one best.
    2.Adacey#1 - Lighting, color, composition, and a seamless blending of items with idea.
    3.Winterlace#2 - Very unique approach; well executed.
    4. barbult#2 - Like the perspective, simplicity, and believability. Interesting depiction of the mundane.
    5.Luci45#5 - Attention to detail is excellent. Amusing, yet seriously good social commentary on relationships.

Funniest

1. KaribousBoutique #3 - Fresh take on an old joke; seriously well rendered.
    2. Pixel8ted#1 - This one actually made me laugh. The man's age, his reaction, the pose, the cast, etc..so ridiculous it's funny.
    3. barbult#3 - Really enjoyed this one. Everything fits in the image and the day is perfect, pristine, and then it happens... hehehe
    4.Totte#6 - I didn't want to like it but I did.
    5. emsim#2 - Enjoyable image you might find in an old LIFE magazine. Sort of poker dogs met Norman Rockwell.