Millenium boy

lincad1lincad1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can anyone point me to some tutorials on how to pose millenium boy and work with expressions. I simply can't find anything. Is there an over view or demonstration anything?

Thank you
LR

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

lincad1 said:
    Can anyone point me to some tutorials on how to pose millenium boy and work with expressions. I simply can't find anything. Is there an over view or demonstration anything?

Thank you
    LR

Can you provide a link of what product you are using (I am not familiar with the millenium boy)

Are you using DAZ Studio and if so, what version?

ty.

• lincad1lincad1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was difficult to find the reply botton on this forum so I hope I am doing this right.
    ty asked what version I am using. As far as I can tell it is Daz 3d Studio 4.5 although it says it can be used in Poser
    which I don't have. Millenium boy with expression comes as both a preschool boy and preteen boy. That is all I know.
    as you can tell I am new to this and only want to use it for model poses for illustration.

Thank you.
    LR

P.S. this interface is terrible.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Interface...I have seen worse...I have gotten used to it.

Can we have a link for the offending item please as Mattymanx asked above?

To find what version of Daz Studio you have exactly go the the top menu bar Help > Troubleshooting > About Daz Studio

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    lincad1 said:

Thank you
    LR

Can you provide a link of what product you are using (I am not familiar with the millenium boy)

Are you using DAZ Studio and if so, what version?

ty.

Matt and/or Luke.

@ lincad1;

There are generic poses for the figure that can be found in "Poses/!DAZs Young Teens" (if you have Luke) or "Poses/DAZs Preschoolers" (for Matt).

The sliders/dials for expressions can be found by expanding the hierarchy (skeleton) of the figure (click the [+] beside the figure in the 'Scene' tab) until you reach the head. The morphs will be in the parameters tab. Unfortunately they don't have single dials for specific expressions (happy; sad; angry, etc.); so you will have to use a combination if dials to make a complete expression

edited December 1969

Here is the link to Millenium boy and there is expressions. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-boys
    I would appreciate any demo, tutorials or information on how to work with this product.
    Thank you
    LR

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Ah OK, now I see your problem. These are the old Mill children, the generation 2 ones. and the boy needs the first pack, the girls, to work, as it is simply an add on for that pack

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-girls

There have been two further generations of Mill kids since they were released, these ones are very old figures.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Does millenium-girls replace millenium boys or do thay work togather. I am looking for a tutorial on how to work with them. Do I just forget
    millenium boys? Is there yet other child figures that I need to work with. I am not doing animation but simply am posing the figure for illustration purposes. I found the
    millenium boys difficult to work with and felt I was missing something, Does Millenium girls work better or just differently. Your suggestions are helpful.

LR

edited November 2012

Millenium girls and millenium boys work the same. As I said they are very old figures, which could be why you are having difficulties with them. I didn't use them a lot,

You need to buy the girls, to make the boys work. First there were girls, and then people wanted boys as well. The geometry is the same, which is why you need both.

THe geometry is only in the girls Product. THe boys product just gives you another CR2 which references the same geometry.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I am becoming confused with all this. I would like to fine the east boy figure about 10 years old with expressions. It seems what you are saying is the newer
    figures are easier to work with. There are Kids 4 Complete, Max for Matt, Millenium children of our time I have no way of knowing what is the newest and some sound like they have add on which I didn't find. I would rather spend my money on just what I need rather than trying out this and that. You seem to be most knowledgeable. The child I need should be able to kneel, run, jump and have a wide range of facial expressions. I don't care about hair, cloths, scenary I just need the model. Can you make a suggestion other than adding to this and that.

Thank you
    LR

edited December 1969

I like Kids 4 I have to admit, they are the best kid figures of the lot.

edited December 1969

Does Kids 4 include the expresses?

LR

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is probably no need to buy anything for what you want. Genesis comes with a basic child character, and a lot of Poses or it too.

Genesis is free with DAZ Studio 4.5, and there are loads of Genesis freebies available as well.

Untitled-1.jpg
    858 x 864 - 279K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

Here is another with facial expressions, these are paid for items, but they were not expensive.

There are loads of Expressions packs in the store for Genesis : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animations-poses/expressions

Rend_1.jpg
    710 x 730 - 156K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the direct answer.

LR

edited December 1969

Of the expressions for Genesis I only fine one. There are many other expressions but they say they require Victoria or some other figure. What was the expression product used above? I don't find a lot of expression productes as you described they all seem to be for adult women. I am looking for a natural express for a young boy. It can be for cartoons if it isn't too far out.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All the expressions will work the the child shape.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

That link in JummyC's last post is to a listing of expression packs for Genesis...

edited December 1969

Thank you
    LR

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I thought I'd add that Daz Studio 4.5 has a neat little feature regarding the Genesis models which some newer people might not have noticed. If you're using Genesis models (and you should be if you're using Daz, it's arguably the BEST feature yet) you can actually import much of the clothing items from the Mk. 4 range like Kids 4 or Victoria 4 and it will auto-fit and convert it for the model you're using.

Simply scale your Genesis character to the correct size and shape then add the clothing and watch it automatically shrink or expand to fit. The beauty of this is you can use virtually any clothing on the model, even ones intended for other characters. I had a pretty dress for Victoria 4 which I was able to get working on a teenage Genesis character perfectly fine.

If you're looking to expand your wardrobe for child characters, look at the wealth of K4 outfits already available, though as yet I don't think morphs function so adding character morphs such as Kaelyn probably won't work.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the tip.

LR