Weird texture issue with Genesis in Poser

edited November 2012 in Poser Discussion

I was just clothifying some V4 jeans to my new V5 figure in Poser and suddenly this happened. I had to reload the figure to get it to go away. Fix your bugs, guys or nobody is going to buy into the Genesis platform! It's bad enough most V4/M4 clothing is not compatable with V5/M5 figures!!!!!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like the UV map set has changed. It is a simple matter to fix in DS, but I believe someone wrote a Python script to change the set in Poser. You could have a look in the Poser forum.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Edited title to better reflect issue and moved to Poser Discussions.

Looks more like the wrong map is being applied - did it render that way, or was it purely the preview that was affected?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the limbs are applied to the torso and the eye map is applied to the face...

• edited December 1969

Edited title to better reflect issue and moved to Poser Discussions.

Looks more like the wrong map is being applied - did it render that way, or was it purely the preview that was affected?

Both the preview and the render looked like that... just out of the blue.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Please make a bug report, though of course random glitches are the hardest to track down and fix.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Mec4D has a free script on her website that let's you change genesis UV's to V4, V5, M4, M5, and some others.

It looks like the UV map set has changed. It is a simple matter to fix in DS, but I believe someone wrote a Python script to change the set in Poser. You could have a look in the Poser forum.