Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Non ST conversion comming soon - Please see here for images - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/171726/

I'll be watching for this. Been wanting a good starfury model since forever. Are you going to convert B5 too?

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Me too Never watched B5 but love that fighter!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited November 2012

mdbruffy said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Non ST conversion comming soon - Please see here for images - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/171726/

I'll be watching for this. Been wanting a good starfury model since forever. Are you going to convert B5 too?

I am not sure how many, if any more, will get done. I have a second Starfury that I plan to finish converting at some point but it is a MUCH higher res model. The OBJ is close to 100MB if I recall.

But for now, here is yet another Starfleet cargo ship.

EDIT:
    The Ptolemy is over at DA and the Starfury is live at F3D. See the Mega Thread link in my sig. Babylon 5 is listed first.

MM-Ptolemy-01.jpg
    900 x 900 - 397K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Little history note on the Starfury model that got converted:

It was the first successful model conversion I did that I considered a keeper. However, it was sorely lacking compared to what I have come to learn. The original conversion was a prop instead of a figure and I didn't know a whole lot about surfaces to get all the maps to show up. But anyways, almost 7 years later the redo is done! :D

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Bridge Front View

Bridge01.jpg
    1147 x 636 - 163K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

WOW!!!! *making grabby hands with one hand while reach for wallet with the other* Nice bridge Rduda, any idea if it is going to be released or is this part of a private collection?

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

The Recovery

The_Recovery-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 135K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

quick starfury render

starfury-sheridan1-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 129K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969
    Commander_Peck1.jpg
    618 x 800 - 262K
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

@PDSmith: Hiya, just wanted to say I'm reading one of your comics and really enjoying it. Well done :)

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited November 2012

OK, hijacking the star trek thread since you've already gone there. :D White star rendered in bryce with horo's deep space hdri2. LOVE me some B5! Might have to do with Harlan Ellison being the consultant on the series a little bit since he is one of my favorite authors, but the story line is just amazing as well. Don't get me wrong, I've been a trekkie ever since I was little back when it was first on but with B5 story being a complete arc from episode 1 to the end was just amazing.

If you are interested you can find a high res version on my DA at http://greymouser69.deviantart.com/#/d5ge1yd

WhiteStar-SpaceHDRI10000.png
    654 x 850 - 693K
    Post edited by greymouser69 on
  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Slightly OT- I am finally watching the series- "Enterprise". I could not get into it when it came out-but patience paid off. Now I like it!
    It is rather different than any of the other series. I just started season 2.
    More relevant: I am going to see if I can use Zbrush to make the T'Pol character (from this thread) look a bit more like Jolene Blaylock
    The first render uses Daz Angel(ina) texture- I "Vulcanized" the eyebrows myself-although Tpol's eyebrows should be an odd mix of human and vulcan- and the second is one of Mylochka's textures. The Spock is from the long lost WERTS-with Mylochka's texture. All are in Poser2012 with SSS using Snarlygribbly's EZ skin Python script. I am using Oak trees purchased at Daz- BagginsBill's Envirosphere prop-and a freee HDR image as the forest backdrop. Comment-I should have blurred it in PShop first-or used a higher res HDR

TrekTrees2.jpg
    1449 x 798 - 194K
    ElfTrek2Generations.jpg
    1449 x 798 - 203K
    edited November 2012

Slightly OT- I am finally watching the series- "Enterprise". I could not get into it when it came out-but patience paid off. Now I like it!
    It is rather different than any of the other series. I just started season 2.
    More relevant: I am going to see if I can use Zbrush to make the T'Pol character (from this thread) look a bit more like Jolene Blaylock
    The first render uses Daz Angel(ina) texture- I "Vulcanized" the eyebrows myself-although Tpol's eyebrows should be an odd mix of human and vulcan- and the second is one of Mylochka's textures. The Spock is from the long lost WERTS-with Mylochka's texture. All are in Poser2012 with SSS using Snarlygribbly's EZ skin Python script. I am using Oak trees purchased at Daz- BagginsBill's Envirosphere prop-and a freee HDR image as the forest backdrop. Comment-I should have blurred it in PShop first-or used a higher res HDR

I'm sorry guys, but as far as I'm concerned, the Wertz morph for Spock is the one morph he missed. The old M3 morph is alot closer.
    The wertz morph looks all squished together in the middle of his face.

Jan-and-Spock--Daz.jpg
    900 x 915 - 179K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Hi Mr Buffy

I see your point as the the "squished together"- I'll play with that in Zbrush and see if I can "unsquish" it. :-)
    My focus is on Tpol first though.

I'm sorry guys, but as far as I'm concerned, the Wertz morph for Spock is the one morph he missed. The old M3 morph is alot closer.

edited December 1969

Hi Mr Buffy

I see your point as the the "squished together"- I'll play with that in Zbrush and see if I can "unsquish" it. :-)

Bruffy. :-) You left the "r" out.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

@PDSmith: Hiya, just wanted to say I'm reading one of your comics and really enjoying it. Well done :)

Thanks, but make sure you read the others too...I came after everyone else in make these fanfictions..they set the standard.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

Thanks, but make sure you read the others too...I came after everyone else in make these fanfictions..they set the standard.

-Paul

Don't let him fool with you,BB. His books are just as good.

edited December 1969

Sorry! No relation to Sarah Michelle Gellar I take it! :-)

mdbruffy said:
    Hi Mr Buffy

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

OK, hijacking the star trek thread since you've already gone there. :D White star rendered in bryce with horo's deep space hdri2. LOVE me some B5! Might have to do with Harlan Ellison being the consultant on the series a little bit since he is one of my favorite authors, but the story line is just amazing as well. Don't get me wrong, I've been a trekkie ever since I was little back when it was first on but with B5 story being a complete arc from episode 1 to the end was just amazing.

If you are interested you can find a high res version on my DA at http://greymouser69.deviantart.com/#/d5ge1yd

Hi GreyMouser69

Continuing your hijack, do you know where I can get a Poser/DS ready version of the B5 station itself?

edited December 1969

Sorry! I assume you are not related to Sarah M Gellar then? :-)

mdbruffy said:
    Hi Mr Buffy

edited December 1969

Sorry! I assume you are not related to Sarah M Gellar then? :-)

mdbruffy said:
    Hi Mr Buffy

LOL! Not quite. I get faint at the sight of blood! :lol:

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Now that IS beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

edited December 1969

Ships.
    Here's a render of mine from a few years ago. Question- has anyone created a good Enterprise bridge-from the series "Enterprise?"

VulcanonBridge.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 425K
    Outthewindow_copy.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 155K
    edited November 2012

Okay, Sneak Peak time!
    It's no secret that in my next Nova Trek, the crew comes home and puts the Enterprise in the shop. This means Jan, Tam and Spock come home to Riverside and the Kirk Horse Ranch. The ranch has been mentioned in two previous stories- "Guardian's Child" and "Another Step Toward War"- but this will be the first time we see it.
    Originally, I had planned on buying a model of a victorian house, but the one I bought was worthless. It was build using one-sided cloth plains- all facing outward. Not only did the textures make the place look run down, if you put a camera inside and did a render all you would see would be the exterior textures.
    So, I was forced to do something I have never done- I had to build the house myself. The idea is that the house was orignally built in the late 1800's and its been in the family for generations. They's kept it up, maintained and upgraded where needed while trying to keep as much of the orignal structure as possiable.
    Except for Jan, the stairs and banisters- which come from the P.I.C.K. Construction Kit, The granfather clock and bookcase, and Jan's art supplies, I've built everything else. I still need to do the porch banisters and roof and re-work the floor texture. The second floor interior isn't needed for my stories, so I didn't finish it other than the walls at the top of the stairs.

Kirk-House--interior--WEB.jpg
    1840 x 1884 - 194K
    Kirk-House--roof-test--WEB.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 197K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

>SQUEE!!!!<</p>

Hooboy, this is way better than the Celestia B5 stuff I converted a while back. Excellent! Renders nicely, too.

I also like the look of the other two ST ships. Is that a non-canon carrier? Don't see much of those outside the StarFleet Battles games.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Bridge Front View

Nice work, any idea when you'll be selling?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, Sneak Peak time!
    It's no secret that in my next Nova Trek, the crew comes home and puts the Enterprise in the shop. This means Jan, Tam and Spock come home to Riverside and the Kirk Horse Ranch. The ranch has been mentioned in two previous stories- "Guardian's Child" and "Another Step Toward War"- but this will be the first time we see it.
    Originally, I had planned on buying a model of a victorian house, but the one I bought was worthless. It was build using one-sided cloth plains- all facing outward. Not only did the textures make the place look run down, if you put a camera inside and did a render all you would see would be the exterior textures.
    So, I was forced to do something I have never done- I had to build the house myself. The idea is that the house was orignally built in the late 1800's and its been in the family for generations. They's kept it up, maintained and upgraded where needed while trying to keep as much of the orignal structure as possiable.
    Except for Jan, the stairs and banisters- which come from the P.I.C.K. Construction Kit, The granfather clock and bookcase, and Jan's art supplies, I've built everything else. I still need to do the porch banisters and roof and re-work the floor texture. The second floor interior isn't needed for my stories, so I didn't finish it other than the walls at the top of the stairs.

Great job! Looking forward to the stories.

edited December 1969

Hortas!!! Adult and baby :-) Tunnel and egg! Have fun :-)

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
    New textures.
    Several shading domains so one doesn't need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
    Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby's is a tad smaller on the paper.
    The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats ;-) [trust me on that one]
    Horta loading in Poser 7 'as is' had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn't do that in D/S.
    oh well ...

oh yes, there's a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

HortahasMouth.jpg
    740 x 740 - 92K
    HortaEggs.jpg
    740 x 740 - 73K
    Horta2.jpg
    740 x 740 - 116K
    Horta.jpg
    740 x 740 - 129K
    asitloads.png
    799 x 535 - 310K
    edited December 1969

And the tunnel section which is the one used in the vidclip.

cave_turn_down_smoothing.png
    799 x 503 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Hortas!!! Adult and baby :-) Tunnel and egg! Have fun :-)

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
    New textures.
    Several shading domains so one doesn't need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
    Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby's is a tad smaller on the paper.
    The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats ;-) [trust me on that one]
    Horta loading in Poser 7 'as is' had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn't do that in D/S.
    oh well ...

oh yes, there's a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

Need to say this to Poser 9 users, make sure you check the high light setting in the material room, If you don't ,you'll end up with a purple Horta!
    (Reminds me of that old Night Gallery episode about the old Lady. "What do you get when you planet old lady fingers? Old Ladies!")

This discussion has been closed.