Skies of Economy - for DS, Carrara, Poser and Reality OUT NOW!!! HDR ProSet Info Inside! [Commerci

2»

Comments

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

Are these just the skies or do they have vegatation in the pictures? If they are just the skies that is far more attractive to me than if it has trees and such as well.

These are just skies with no vegitation or other features, and they do expand past the horizon in a manner similar to Skies of Reality Vol 1 (I did not include cloud and terrain detail like Vol 2 but there is haze and lighting information).

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

You're lights are my go to for outdoor renders, Love them.

Downloading now. :cheese:

Grtz Jean-Claude

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I don't really care how this is packaged, This just awesome. Its exactly what I need.

I was feeling kind of uninspired recently and this set is just the boost I needed

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! The set was just released so you're now able to grab it from the store and get your render on!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/skies-of-economy

Went straight into my cart...so fast I didn't even check what was actually included. While I would have preferred just for DS...I don't regret getting it. I do have Carrara and Poser 7 so may use those bits one day.

Thanks Dimension Theory, it looks like another great product!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited November 2012

I just bought Skies of Economy and don't know which installer to use for the current version of Daz Studio. Is it the one for Poser and or the DAZ Studio Legacy?

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 1969

Please use the DAZ Studio Legacy installer for the current version of DS, Legacy I believe just means an old format of installer as they are updating them it seems.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Hi
    Just a FYI- recent versions of Poser utilize HDR so you could add them to the Poser package. They look great btw!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

These lights are absolutely wonderful! The skies are stunning. I've been doing renders with them for the last couple of days and have yet to have a render that I was not impressed with.

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

What's the set that was used for the poser renders? Guessing the Village courtyard, but the promo pics for it don't show as much of the courtyard so I can't tell for sure. These promos look great.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited November 2012

I really, really like the Reality setup. Here is a side by side with Daz. Now it's not really fair since I have a lot more experience with Reqality. I feel that the Daz Studio would be a lot better for animation...the renders are lightning fast. Reality is on the left...Daz is on the right. Obviously, these are very quick setups....for a speedy test.

Reality_and_DazStudio.jpg
    1000 x 571 - 181K
    Post edited by peteVault on
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Could anyone provide more info about how the lights are setup in the DS version? Is it a direct light for the sun & UberEnvironment2?

Also is this a good set to start with for a variety of skies or would you recommend any other sets? How do they compare to Cloud 9?

These look great from the images although they are a bit realistic for my style but I could probably do some tweaks to get them to match.

Thanks for any info.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

From what I can tell it has both an uber light and a distance light who's purpose is to mimic moon/sun and as the shadow caster. I think as far as varietal skies this is the best set out there. There is just such a wide variety of "moods" in each of the sky types (day, night etc) that its hard to beat. I've really been loving these. I'll be really honest though, I'm not sure how easy it will be to get realistic lighting with them.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Khory. I got them but have not had much time to mess with them yet but so far they look really nice.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hello,

While Skies of the Economy works very well in Daz Studio 4.5, I can't see the thumbnails in the browser of Carrara. This might be user error though, I'm just starting with Carrara.

Any idea how I can see the thumbnails? They're all there, but I have black preview icons with a description under it.

Also, what's the best way to apply these within Carrara?

Thanks,
    Peter.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Will there be a Luxus upgrade?

edited December 1969

Hello,

While Skies of the Economy works very well in Daz Studio 4.5, I can't see the thumbnails in the browser of Carrara. This might be user error though, I'm just starting with Carrara.

Any idea how I can see the thumbnails? They're all there, but I have black preview icons with a description under it.

Also, what's the best way to apply these within Carrara?

Thanks,
    Peter.

This set had an issue with the Carrara thumbnails showing up correctly so it's not your fault. I've got a fix uploaded that I posted in the Carrara section a while back, just overwrite your presets with these and they should work fine.

http://3dimensiondigital.com/locker/soe/Carrara.zip

I've thought of Luxus expansions for my light sets, but there are other things I would like to do before this :)

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks, the thumbnails are visible now!

Peter.

• James_1903529James_1903529 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alright I'm feeling rather dense tonight, but how do I use them?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yandorx said:
    Alright I'm feeling rather dense tonight, but how do I use them?

use them in what program?
  • James_1903529James_1903529 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

and that just shows it... carrara.

Thanks