Practically nothing V4 works on Genesis V5 in Poser!!! :-(

edited November 2012 in New Users

I just bought the V5 Pro bundle and installed it. I've got $1000's of dollars invested in V4 figures, clothing, hair, props, etc. (most of which was purchased at daz3D.com). Almost nothing works right! Clothing fits weird (even breaks apart), hair is positioned too high or to big. Figure injections don't even take at all. It's a mess! And what the heck happeded to morphs++???

Does anybody know how to make this stuff work? What's the "legacy" download file for? Will that fix my problems? I'd be willing to pay you $$$ for consulting time to show me.

I've attached a picture to illustrate some of what's happening.

Post edited by Kenneth_Samarra_88177cf3f6 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Victoria 4 stuff, aside from textures, will not work on Victoria 5 any more than Victoria 3 stuff will work on Victoria 4 - they are different figures.

• edited December 1969

OK. So what are the " legacy" files in my downloads?

Victoria 5 Pro Suite - Victoria 5 - Poser Companion - PC
    Victoria 5 Pro Suite - Victoria 5 - Legacy - PC

Will they allow me to use V4 content on V5?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

No, the Legacy files are needed for DS 4.0 - the core files are updated and work only in DS 4.5 or later (or Poser via the importer).

• edited December 1969

Somebody at DAZ should be fired for the decision to not make the V5/M5 platform backwards compatable with the myriad of V4/M4 clothing out there. Come on, exactly how hard could it be? Anyway, some smart, enterprising programmer will write a nice python script to do it and get rich in the process. Hmmm...

So now my next question: Since I am using Poser, and not all the "Genesis" items in your store actually say "Poser", will they be loadable via DSON importer? Here's an example: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fairytale-dress-for-genesis

If I purchase this dress, will it load into Poser Pro 2012?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Try using the program that Genesis was designed for instead of a program that can't cope with it (even with the DSON importer)..

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That dress came out before DSON,

And as Richard has already said, V5 is a new generation, V3 clothes didn't fit V4, clothes have never been backwards compatible, without using something like WW or XD

• edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Try using the program that Genesis was designed for instead of a program that can't cope with it (even with the DSON importer)..

So Bejaymac, what I can infer from your comment is that if I used DAZ3D instead of Poser, my V4 clothing will work on V5? That is contradictory to what others are saying in this thread.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not to mention the fact that all the work has been done on the DSON importer, and by SM with SR3 for Poser 2012, in order to allow Genesis to be used in Poser.

BTW KSamarra DAZ 3D is the company. Daz Studio is the program.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited November 2012

I take it there isn't a feature like 'autofit' for DSON? And yes KSamarra, I do use V4 stuff on Genesis/V5 using autofit, but even with that it does take some adjustments at times, and other times I find parenting and adjusting to work better then autofit. Between the two I get a lot of Gen4 stuff to work with Gen5. You shouldn't have to switch from your program of choice, but some features will require a bit more finessing and/or not work as well as DS itself unfortunately, just as anyone using products created primarily for Poser has to do to use them in DS.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

KSamarra said:
    So Bejaymac, what I can infer from your comment is that if I used DAZ3D instead of Poser, my V4 clothing will work on V5? That is contradictory to what others are saying in this thread.

They are refering to using your Gen4 Poser content in Poser, like that it's of no use with Genesis. To get it to fit you need to convert it to fit Genesis as well as convert it into the DSON format, but to do that you need to use DS4.5.1.6 as the tools to do that are built in, so if you want to use Genesis in Poser your either going to be spending a lot in the store on new content, or you have to "bite the bullet" and use the program the figure was designed for.