is there way or plug in for V4 texture change fit to V5 uv map?

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

I bought wet body before,, there are several specular map texture,

Full body specular map texture for V4 and,, and each body part sweat texture (which can use wit LIE editor as Layer,, )

I can use all these texture about genesis applied V4 texture. with V4 uv set.

but I hope to use these specular map to use about genesis applied V5 or M5,, or S5 texture.
about part body sweat are can adjust (because it is layer,,) on the base V5 texture,,
but all part body specular texture can not fit on V5 texture..

so ,, if I can modify each V4 specular map texture (tif) fit to V5 uv map template,,
I think,, every preset can ues for genesis with V5 texture.
maybe I think,, it can do by gimp pr photo shop,,

but,, actually,, I can not change well the texture it can fit V5 uv map template layer^^;
(I am not used to these tools at all ^^; )

so is theare any simple help , or if there is product,, the texture of V5 or S5 change to fit
V4 uv map,, I think. (it may can use about every UV map,,)

I know some product tool,, texture convertor,, but there seems no template,,
V5 to V4,, or S5 to V4 M5 to M4,, I think,,,

so if is there good tutorial,,(or links) how to modify specular (or bump or displace ,,) texture for
use other UV map ,,, ?? If there are,, tell me please,, I want to try it,, with gimp @@;

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

I would use modo, importing an OBJ with each mapping (V5 and V4, say) and copying one mapping to a new UV map on the other OBJ, then assigning the map I wanted to convert to the OBJ with two maps using the V4 UVs creating a new map with the V5 UVs, and baking ti from the existing map. I don't know if Blender can do that - I was looking last night but not finding the right part of the documentation.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

thanks Richard,,

much,,, I almost give up to modify V4 texture yo be used with V5 uv set by gimp^^;
    it seems,, wrong approach,,
    (if reform V4 texture fit to base V5 texture outline,, It must be strange when apply texture,,, about eye or nipple etc,, )

so think,, if I can change directly by 3d tool ,,I need to close my real shop,,, then,, test it^^;

think if hexagon or Carrara can not do same thing,,, ?? anyway I will try,,,I need to understand UV set,, more,,
    (If need modo,, I can not ^^; hope blender,, can do it,,,)

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

I would use modo, importing an OBJ with each mapping (V5 and V4, say) and copying one mapping to a new UV map on the other OBJ, then assigning the map I wanted to convert to the OBJ with two maps using the V4 UVs creating a new map with the V5 UVs, and baking ti from the existing map. I don't know if Blender can do that - I was looking last night but not finding the right part of the documentation.

I haven't had time to study this in detail or try it out, but there is documentation on transferring UV maps from one obj to another using Blender 2.6 (the meshes must have the same topology and vertex order, but with two copies of Genesis they will of course). I don't know whether Genesis's having multiple maps will complicate this, but Blender does support multiple maps (documentation on this is on the same page).

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Textures/Mapping/UV/Layout_Management#Transferring_UVs

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hiro,, thanks (I remember,, you tell me how to export genesis @@;)

now I export to blender two genesis obj use V4 uvmap set and V5 uvmap set, as Richard said ^^;
    v4mapGen.obj and v5mapGen,obj,,

I believe I can export without problem ^^; (though,, first I export with export template,,,,
    so it change X Y Z axis,, but now,, Blender chenge axis again when import,, so that,, genesis lie down,,,
    but I understand my mistake,, so,, now,,, two genesis stand up ^^;)

then,,,, next step,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"copying one mapping to a new UV map on the other OBJ"

yes,, it seems easy,, maybe,, I just select v4mapGen.obj and copy uv map,, then trasnfer or pasete to v5mapGen,,
    and make new uv map set for v5mapGen,, so she will have two set uv map,, and I may change if I hope,,

I know,, it,must be easy,, yes,, I try,,,,, but,,, if I will ask here,, how to copy uv map again,,,hope,, yours help ^^;