Fibermesh hair!

2»

Comments

• Neftis3DNeftis3D Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

You would be surprised how well it does fit V4! ! :)

Zaarin said:
    Neftis3D said:
    Oh cool!!! A fibermesh post!!!!
    OK guys, I was not supposed to but here I have some up coming Fibermesh product previews for U.
    Jayden Fever hair Style (Coming very soon)
    Paul hair and a new one I have no name yet, but it's a ponytail fibermesh Style.

Nef

I'll pass on the Bieber Hair, but I LOVE those curls! :D
    Pop5.jpg
    500 x 650 - 222K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Hmm...that might just change my mind. O_O Wow, that does look beautiful...and I have a character it would look just lovely on. :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Neftis3D said:
    You would be surprised how well it does fit V4! ! :)

Zaarin said:
    Neftis3D said:
    OK guys, I was not supposed to but here I have some up coming Fibermesh product previews for U.
    Paul hair and a new one I have no name yet, but it's a ponytail fibermesh Style.

Nef

I'll pass on the Bieber Hair, but I LOVE those curls! :D

Wow, I think that looks better than Justin's real hair style lol Great work! :)

• ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
    edited November 2012

Neftis3D said:

Nef

This is amazing! This was exactly the type of stuff I was looking for! (Thanks everyone!!!!!!) (@ Neftis3D, WOWW!!! Do you have a release date?)

Post edited by ArtXtreme101 on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Well I'll give you an idea of the good points and the bad points.
    For me anyway

Good
    very quick to create
    Fiber UV are excellent for transparency maps and gradient maps
    Morph are so easy to make you can have a huge range of styles.
    Rigging wise if you're just doing short hair there's no work in it, the transform template works excellent.

Bad
    Close up with fiber mesh that has no transparency maps renders are terrible and blocky OK from a distance!
    Mesh with transparency maps will render between 1h to 4h rendering at best quality but quick with default lights
    Animal fur extremely hard to rig due to the weight mapping and you need a space between the leg or they pull on each other.
    Daz file can be huge even when compressed
    Very hard to get the poly count down and maintain coverage.

If you want to lean it Digital Tutors have some good tuts

I think only me and Mech4D are use it in production but more and more people are using it.

You can get unblocky/thin fibres without using transparency maps. Here is a new fibre I developed (based off my manfuzz fibre) that can be as thin as 1mm without becoming blocky when increased in size. This is on the freak who is huge, and it maintains its structure.

4.jpg
    894 x 371 - 189K
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Well I'll give you an idea of the good points and the bad points.
    For me anyway

Good
    very quick to create
    Fiber UV are excellent for transparency maps and gradient maps
    Morph are so easy to make you can have a huge range of styles.
    Rigging wise if you're just doing short hair there's no work in it, the transform template works excellent.

Bad
    Close up with fiber mesh that has no transparency maps renders are terrible and blocky OK from a distance!
    Mesh with transparency maps will render between 1h to 4h rendering at best quality but quick with default lights
    Animal fur extremely hard to rig due to the weight mapping and you need a space between the leg or they pull on each other.
    Daz file can be huge even when compressed
    Very hard to get the poly count down and maintain coverage.

If you want to lean it Digital Tutors have some good tuts

I think only me and Mech4D are use it in production but more and more people are using it.

You can get unblocky/thin fibres without using transparency maps. Here is a new fibre I developed (based off my manfuzz fibre) that can be as thin as 1mm without becoming blocky when increased in size. This is on the freak who is huge, and it maintains its structure.

Those fibers look fantastic zev! Might be a man fuzz 2.0? Lol

edited December 1969

Dunno. These new hair systems will change the hair market. Might not even be a need for another Manfuzz product if users can make it themselves lol:) I'll have to see how things pan out:)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Always remember Z, most folks that shop here don't make their own stuff. There will ALWAYS be a market to sell!

edited November 2012

Either way, a new full body hair product isn't even on the cards anytime soon lol. All I want to know is how you set facial hair to follow expression presets. They follow dialed expressions and morphs fine, but don't follow 1 click expression presets from sets or any expressions I transferred from GenX. There is something I am missing. I know mec4d told me how but I cannot remember:( I'll check out your tutorial wolfy to see if it will help:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited November 2012

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:
    For people who want just what they want you might read this thread.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/

I wish you could do that in daz! :) I've been playing with Galbaldi hair plugin beta... Some issues with it due to crashing, also multiple UV on a character is a no no unfortunately. You cant view it in the view port, and raytrace shadows are a no no :(

Just for those that do not know the LAMH is a DS4 plugin that is in the last stages of testing. It is for DS, then we can all do it.

Actually there are 2 hair/fur Plugins in BETA for DS4.5..LAMH and Garabaldi Plugin...2 Different Plugins that do close to the same thing...

Post edited by foleypro on
    edited December 1969

My latest test with Garabaldi Plugin in DS4.5...

Freak4Wizard.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 478K
    edited December 1969

LOL there should be a head to head thread about the two plug-ins stating the pros and cons:) For me the Garabaldi Plugin has my attention. The results people are getting with it is quite awesome.

edited December 1969

I think there is significant differences between the two. Both create fantastic results! I haven't tested LAMH but have played with Garabaldi. Fibermesh generally requires raytrace shadows for best results (Which is a +)... Garabaldi requires deep shadow (Which has it's own problems in lighting and render fragments in large scenes and high res renders) Fibermesh is viewable in the scene view port, Garabaldi isn't, but has a good pre-visualization in it's Garabaldi window. I'm hoping the multiple UV sets issue can and will be fixed on Gara, It is quite an issue for me.

I'm taking a break from Gara, as much as I do love it and want to explore more... But it consistently keeps crashing on me :( I have not yet achieved a render.

edited December 1969

Oops lol, Looks like Zev mentioned comparison before I posted LMAO. I like em both! and cant wait for their full releases. Beta is a struggling process :-P Some amazing work has been posted on Gara thread! I'm so envious :)

edited December 1969

Ye. I'm waiting for a more stable beta.

edited November 2012

Well the Latest Beta version is the most stable for me and My machine is Below the standards they have stated.I have nly 3 gigs ramm and a dual Quad....I get renders but I also have to limit the number of Hairs to half of what his is...Default for his Project files are 300 and I set mine at 150 and I turn the seed upto 1...
    The lights that he has supplied crash DS4.5 on my machine evreytime(Sent Bug Report)So I delete those and serup some different ones...Hope this helps...

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Well both new hair plugins are not ready yet so it's still fiber mesh for me, I can't actually show you the real character as I'm under the Daz secrecy act. So I've put the morph and hair on another Genesis shape which looks similar. I've also got a Dr Jekyll coming up and I can't show it for the same reasons, you'll just have to wait till Xmas LOL. So two new ones coming

Duke-FM.jpg
    893 x 573 - 306K
    edited December 1969

DUKE NUKEM..!!!!!!!!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    DUKE NUKEM..!!!!!!!!

Some of those vanes look familiar !!!
    You should see his body it's huge.
    Come and get some !!!
    LOL
    :)
    edited November 2012

They do:) Cant wait:) LOL is there really a secrecy act from Daz ?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2012

Is it Arnold Schwarzenegger? The terminator/politician LMAO

I thought it was upto the creator to disclose info on their upcoming items... Unless Daz bought it off them for a daz original :-P

EDIT: Ah... Maybe freak 5? (I can speculate :-P Believe me, Ive tried hard to get secrets from PA's... Never got em though, but I like to play the game haha)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited November 2012

Isn't it a breach of your nondisclosure agreement to acknowledge the existence of the nondisclosure agreement?

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Picked it up this morning and may I just say!!! Boy, oh boy, am I gonna have sum fun with this!!!!!
    Love it already!!!
    15 minutes playing around...Wish I could save my settings and files tough! Can't wait until it comes out!

The Garibaldi plugin for DazStudio look interesting.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/

1.jpg
    464 x 526 - 113K
    edited November 2012

Neftis3D said:
    Picked it up this morning and may I just say!!! Boy, oh boy, am I gonna have sum fun with this!!!!!
    Love it already!!!
    15 minutes playing around...Wish I could save my settings and files tough! Can't wait until it comes out!

The Garibaldi plugin for DazStudio look interesting.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9943/

Actually you can save your settings...
    Save as scene asset...

DS4.5DP_.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 199K
    edited December 1969

Thanks foleypro!
    Ok here is a flat style...very easy to create! I will try to learn more about this later on...I'm off to work again :)

1_(2).jpg
    464 x 526 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Neftis3D said:
    Thanks foleypro!
    Ok here is a flat style...very easy to create! I will try to learn more about this later on...I'm off to work again :)

Might I say someone with your Knowledge of HAIR will make this Plugin shine...It is soooo much fun...Way easier thrn Zbrush...Tho I would love to be able to import my Brushes from ZB into the Plugin...

• edited December 1969

Has anyone tried the fibermesh hair in Carrara yet? I can't get the Guillame hair to even load.