Can't categorize item

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
edited November 2012 in New Users

I downloaded this very awesome jewelry:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/46958/View/11/Poser/Mman-Jewelry

But it is a bit stubborn!
I can't make it categorize >>
If I right-click the item and put it in the category I want, it moves the maps but they are empty.
I redownloaded and reinstalled but still the same.
I tried other items and they give no problems at all!
It's so odd!
Am I missing something?

Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

I just tried this, and it works OK for me. I selected them all by Ctrl clicking in the Props folder, right clicked, and selected Categorise. I put them into a folder I have, and created a new sub-folder. They all load fine.

Browse to File Location takes me to the correct folder. Did you do the same thing?

Untitled-1.jpg
    840 x 622 - 160K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Does it use mats or textures. If it's poser materials, then that is the same as using shaders in DS.

Poser shaders won't work in DS, equally DS shaders won't work in Poser.

edited December 1969

There are no textures with them, so maybe they do use Poser shaders Pam.

They work just as well with DS shaders though.

Rend_1a.jpg
    456 x 426 - 44K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited November 2012

I just tried this, and it works OK for me. I selected them all by Ctrl clicking in the Props folder, right clicked, and selected Categorise. I put them into a folder I have, and created a new sub-folder. They all load fine.

Browse to File Location takes me to the correct folder. Did you do the same thing?

Yup, exactly the same!
    I tried another item from ShareCG and that also doesn't categorize.
    Two hour ago I categorized a couch from ShareCG and that worked fine, but all of a sudden no other ShareCG items works!
    I'm going to try other non-DAZ items, just a sec...

EDIT
    Only the last couple of items I downloaded from SHarCG wont work.
    Maybe there'some corruption in the downloads or something only way I can explain it ><<br /> I am going to try tomorrow again to redownload and see if it makes a difference!

Indeed no shaders as they are Poserfiles, but the obj. should work just fine and it does.
    I just can't make a reference for it somehow!
    It's getting late here, thanks for thinking with me so far :D
    I'm going to have a good night's sleep and try again...probably I am scrambling something up due to insomnia!

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • edited November 2012

Have you tried to see if other things you categorized will work? When this happened it me, it didn't matter if was from Sharecg or Daz. If nothing shows up in the proper spots when you categorize it, your content database may be corrupted. That has happened to me twice so far. I've learned to back up a lot, because the first time it happened I lost 3 weeks of work.

Here's the thread I posted about my problem the first time it happened. Answer #8 has a link that was quite helpful as well. (Although my database was so corrupted it didn't help. But it might help you.)

The second time it happened to me I did a content database search and then categorized from the search instead of going to the file source. Who knows if that's the reason why my database got corrupted again, but I'm not doing that again. :)

And now off I go to back up my content database again...

Post edited by aprilsunshine7_4526d47d74 on
    edited November 2012

Oh dear lord, please don't let this be the case because I have also spend weeks in categorizing Oo

EDIT
    Running the process now...
    I am an atheist, but at times like these I pray LOL

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited November 2012

WAHOO!!!
    IT WORKED
    It friggin worked!

Thank you for helping me out *throws flowers*

The jewelry is now sitting snug with the other gems as I wanted them to!

dddd.jpg
    526 x 610 - 47K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
  • edited December 1969

I'm so glad it worked for you. I remember I spent a whole day trying to figure out the problem, so I had to jump in when I read about your problem. :)

edited December 1969

I am going to place it in this old thread of mine, because it has everything to do with the categories I have...or I HAD
    After I installed the newest DAZ version, all of my handmade categories are gone and also the search function within DAZ isn't working anymore.
    Ontop of that, the category section isn't working at all anymore, the alfabetical list is gone.
    How can I make the search function work again and how can I make a copy of the way I categorized my purchases?
    It's such a pain finding anything now and I am reluctant to categorized everything again before I am sure there is a way I can safe it.

edited December 1969

All of what you jsut reported, is caused by the Content Management Service (CMS) not running.

Go to Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and restart it from there. If that still doesn't work, you may have to uninstall CMS first from the same place, and then reinstall DS4.6 to get it to work properly.

edited December 1969

You were right Jimmy!

On my quest I happen to come across this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22686/

And it worked, back to rendering again ^^
    Thanks for your time :)