You know... if you really wanted to have a great contest...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ask for people to do portraits of Athletes, Celebs, Politicos and other MEN in the news...

Get people used to making portraits of MEN (using... Genesis?)

And give a good prize for it...

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Too many NVIATWAS renders huh? I guess a men only render contest wouldn't be a bad idea. They can certainly swing a sword as well as Vicky can. ;-)

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Too many NVIATWAS renders huh? I guess a men only render contest wouldn't be a bad idea. They can certainly swing a sword as well as Vicky can. ;-)

Yeah and if people didn't get the M5 Bundle there won't be any...um...tragic accidents. ;)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    They can certainly swing a sword as well as Vicky can. ;-)
    naa not from what I have seen. :P
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited November 2012

I like the idea of portraying men. =-) the more the merrier, however, in general I tend to do only fictional guys. =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I like the idea of portraying men. =-) the more the merrier, however, in general I tend to do only fictional guys. =-)

If you look back in my gallery on R.com, you'll find an image called "LOVE HANDLES" that pokes fun at this issue... it was made PRE-Michael 5...

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

I wasn't thinking RENDER contest, so much as custom Character contest... Caviat: the prettiest boy will be the biggest loser...

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I like the idea of rendering male celebrities. Don't do Genesis, though.

Maybe a challenge instead of a contest?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273
    edited November 2012

Well..I think challenge or contest is doable. However, eliminating Genesis is not so good, why limit anyone? Not everyone has Genesis and not everyone has other models, then again, not everyone has the morph packages. Providing links on how to create these morphs using various programs, such as Sculptris, Hexagon and Daz DForm would be good as well. For those who want to offer their morphs, I believe there are some tuts on how to turn an obj alteration into a morph useable in Daz or Poser.

Instead, make the challenge to create a morph using any model a person has and whatever capabilities they have to generate said morph...thereby getting people use to making them, sorta teach/learn at the same time.

Have the contest as the best overall morph for each model from Genesis, M5, M4, M3 and lets not forget Hiro, David and Apollo. I think all this would be wonderful considering there are very few available morphs for the Male Models and tons for the Female.

I beg to differ about women wielding swords, there are some pretty strong, agile women out in the world that could outdo any man...lol

Randym77...love your avatar

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    Well..I think challenge or contest is doable. However, eliminating Genesis is not so good, why limit anyone?

I was not suggesting that Genesis be banned. I was responding to the original poster's suggestion that this should be a Genesis-only contest. I was just saying that if that's the case, I cannot participate. Don’t do Genesis = I don't do Genesis. ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

There are still a considerable number of people who "Don't do Genesis" Just look at the number of peopel who still ask about DS 3, and then there are those who still use other than the latest version of Poser.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    I like the idea of rendering male celebrities. Don't do Genesis, though.

Maybe a challenge instead of a contest?

Why the heck wouldn't you want to do Genesis?

edited November 2012

randym77 said:
    I cannot participate. Don’t do Genesis = I don't do Genesis. ;-)

Since Genesis is free, and DAZ Studio 4.5 is free... it's just about your refusal :)

The WHOLE point is to get great male characters using Genesis.

I don't have M4 and I'm not going to invest in M4 and it's morphs just so I can use M4 characters... :)

If you use M4, great! More power to you. But you guys have resources available to you up the wazoo! Forgive me If I'm trying to get more resources available for Genesis...

It never ceases to astonish me that those who refuse to use Genesis have this amazing hatred for it... It's getting a little old.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Please don't start this argument up again. See my post above your last two. Some of us don't do Genesis, Full Stop.

edited December 1969

The point of the post is to generate interest in making male characters for Genesis... that was the whole point :)

I'm trying to learn to use hexagon to make morphs just so I can have better options in that way... there's already a lot out there for the Genesis females. I'd love to see people get more creative on the male side. That's all I was trying to get across.

edited December 1969

OK. I didn't actually realise that from the first post. It should have been made a bit clearer really. I really enjoy trying to dial M4 into different characters.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273
    edited December 1969

I also misunderstood. I thought you were speaking generally and only centered on Genesis cause it's the new thing...lol

I still think my suggestions are good. There is a thread every month in the freepository that challenges people to come up with images based on the current months theme and they give prizes. I don't see why the same could not be done for morphs strictly for Genesis, but also the other models as well. People need to understand that even though they don't have the morph packages (me for one) that they are not limited, they simply need to know what to do. For example, I keep hearing about the DForm in Daz and even though I have read tuts about it, I have no clue how to use it, it's over my head. I do know how to manipulate a mesh in Hex and Sculptris, yet have no idea how to convert that change into a morph file. I am sure there are many more people like me, who simply just need to learn how to do these things. On top of learning how to do morphs in such a fashion, it will help people learn more about the programs they use and you can't go wrong with that.

edited December 1969

Okay, if it's Genesis only, I'm outta here. Wouldn't have posted if you'd made your goal clear from the beginning.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:
    They can certainly swing a sword as well as Vicky can. ;-) naa not from what I have seen. :P

Evidently you haven't seen this new pose pack  --> http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/m5-poses-03-sword

OK. I didn't actually realise that from the first post. It should have been made a bit clearer really.
    Actually the OP should've been a whole lot clearer. I thought it was about renders and not creating male characters from Genesis, especially with the question mark after the word Genesis.
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

While the first post may need a little rewording, it's not a bad idea. I do wonder if it would be better as a contest or as a challenge. Currently fiddling with something to help fill the gap.

Miss B said:
    Too many NVIATWAS renders huh?

I'm curious, what does that acronym mean?

edited December 1969

Naked Vickie In A Temple With A Sword. It used to be the must do render for everyone who first started with 3d and Poser/DS