creating a genesis character

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm fooling around with the idea of creating a V5 genesis character, but as I'm a poser user is it possible to create a pz2 to apply the morphs I want

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't. As Poser doesn't support Genesis natively, I would do it properly. Besides I think the PZ2s would only handle poses not the morph settings.

Create a shaping preset of your character, then create the Poser companion files for it to work properly.

• edited December 1969

I dont use daz studio

edited November 2012

greyson5 said:
    I dont use daz studio

If you're developing for Genesis, then you will until Poser natively supports it.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • edited December 1969

I've already created a base pz2 file to add a custom v5 texture to genesis in poser I was just wanting to use the morphs on genesis to create my own look to go along with the texture

edited November 2012

greyson5 said:
    I've already created a base pz2 file to add a custom v5 texture to genesis in poser I was just wanting to use the morphs on genesis to create my own look to go along with the texture

Will poser know how to navigate the Actor tree, where the morphs are? Also in poser, I've seen the tree look a bit off than it is in DS. So if they fix that in the exporter, it will break your character. That's why doing it in DS will keep it consistent.

The importer in Poser is for reading developed characters, not for creating per se. Do not use Poser for genesis character creation.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

An imported Genesis should be morphable and posable in Poser, and poses should I think save the settings as needed - though I haven't tried creating a morph pose so there may be an obstacle.

edited December 1969

An imported Genesis should be morphable and posable in Poser, and poses should I think save the settings as needed - though I haven't tried creating a morph pose so there may be an obstacle.

The time I tried, it didn't read the actor tree so it will only do poses.

But the point is to create the actual standard files, especially if your thinking about distributing your character. Create stuff in a way that everyone can use it, not junk that wastes both your time and the end users.... and this comes from a person that is taking the time to make sure products will work the same in both DS and Poser and trying to provide materials in both programs. If I can take the time to open up Poser, you can open up DS. If you're going to do it wrong, I'd rather you not do it at all.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

@Male-M3dia - Just out of interest... What software do you use to craft your genesis/M5 shapes? Soon I would love to get into that, character creation has always been my strongest interest :) I have used Hexagon for morphs in the past which were successful... but scaling morphs and the kinda stuff you do, I am baffled how to do it in hex lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @Male-M3dia - Just out of interest... What software do you use to craft your genesis/M5 shapes? Soon I would love to get into that, character creation has always been my strongest interest :) I have used Hexagon for morphs in the past which were successful... but scaling morphs and the kinda stuff you do, I am baffled how to do it in hex lol

Sorry it took a while to reply, doing my yearly volunteer work helping with this event so didn't get back until late.

But, I use Zbrush to create the characters, and the CCT for the scaling morphs, ERC Freeze is great for locking scaling and other morphs into place. However, this method doesn't work for Poser (particularly single axis scaling if you reduce the arm length or chest size), so I've had to learn how to adjust the rigging to fix the new shape, then ERC Freeze that. Still it's not that hard and Blondie9999's rigging tutorial is a great base for learning about rigging.

But I like the way your morphs came out, so you needed be so impatient about the Young Teens... you already got a good set to work with ;).

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thankyou Male-M3dia I appreciate your kind words :) The more and more I refine my characters, the more and more I begin to be happy with them, and not just teens either :) All my art background has revolved around character creation, since I got into 3d, I've got into set design, texturing, character texturing, Props, I've started clothing, and thinking it would be nice to actually model my characters, if they turn out good perhaps I'd distribute them.

I've played with hexagon, and discovered it's good for partial morphs, (Scaling morphs is a different story), there are tools it doesn't have that I'm used to in other software which throws me off, Alot of PA's seem to be using zbrush, I think I will look into it and perhaps see how I go.

Thanks for the info man, Cheers!