• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    No one makes anything new for Aiko3 anymore. :(

And it's a damn shame. :(

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

i just wait before i buy more...

genesis upgrade is very great idea, finally some change in good direction.
    i lost money on ds4 pro, lost money on ds3 avanced (was fun but unfinished).
    programs that daz gave away for nothing.
    some people spent real $$$ on this.

now,
    i still wait for a real pro version of studio for all the users that would move pro.
    not the ds4 or 4.5 beta that 's free available now.
    some people here at least earn a very cheap upgrade to this upcoming pro version with included printable pdf manual...
    all people that have paid for ds4 pro at launch date and didn't go for a refunds,
    when daz give it for free away.
    would be invited to attend...

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

It's not just you. The new store is such a drag.

I am really amazed that DAZ does not fix the item history problem. It's a huge pain, and has got to be impacting their sales.

And yeah, the way PC coupons work now it just horrible. Just doesn't seem worth it any more.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited November 2012

The recent sales have been very helpful for me in regards to patience with some of the challenges. I also like that I can count on a certain quality and a good return policy from DAZ.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    The recent sales have been very helpful for me in regards to patience with some of the challenges. I also like that I can count on a certain quality and a good return policy from DAZ.

I certainly agree with that. Daz's customer care, IMHO, is way above everyone else. Two months ago Renderosity screwed me out of $5.50 and basically said to me too bad. They had a 16% off coupon one day , so I purchased all that I could spend at that time. Then the next day they had a 26% coupon which would have saved me around $5.50. Daz would have given me store credit immediately. Rendo told me that is the way it works and there is nothing they can do. I averaged over $100 a month spending there but I haven't purchased anything from them since. Their loss over a measly $5.50.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

I think it's all the really good things about DAZ that have made people so upset about the changes and glitches. If it was just any old company nobody would bother much. Coming from the UK, especially the south, where good customer service is like hens' teeth it is very refreshing. I've only had a few problems but they were easily and quickly dealt with.

I'm quite surprised how much I have been getting lately. Good deals on M5 and V5, Decimator to make background figures and a number of useful things in the PC anniversary that I wouldn't have bought at full price as I only wanted parts of the set. I've just forced myself to let a Jack Tomalin set pass by as I can't justify the cost at present - maybe next year...

edited November 2012

Baglet said:
    .. like hens' teeth ...

Learned something new, our hens don't have teeth, that's too cool. Post a pic :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

Instead of making everything compatible. DAZ is making everything incompatible. Can you use these morphs with this figure? I don't know. Will this work in Poser? I don't know. Will this texture fit this figure? I don't know. This dynamic cloth will work in this program, but not in this other program, that needs a different kind of dynamic cloth, and will it work in Carrara - who knows? Can you import this Genesis into Poser then into Vue? Who knows? Do you need 5 different versions of every figure? It seems so. Only the clothes for that old figure won't fit this new figure, and it won't work in DAZ Studio because it's the wrong kind of dynamic cloth. This Genesis figure, that you can import into Poser - can you import all the morphs and get them to work in poser? Or do you need some other kind of morphs? Who knows?

They've made everything so unbelievably confusing that I'm paralyzed when it comes to buying anything new. All I'm buying are products for which there is no question in my mind will work with no problems with what I already have - and that excludes almost everything made for Genesis and Daz Studio. Every time some product is released for Genesis that I like and want, I get angry because I don't know if it'll work with what I already have. So I don't buy it.

Like - stop the insanity already. Just stop making things incompatible. Make everything work with everything else (within reason). Make that your business. To make things that work together. Instead of making things that don't work together. If you're going to sell a hair model, make the thing fit every DAZ figure. If you're going to make a piece of clothing, find some way to make it fit every DAZ figure regardless of what software someone is using. Make processes 1 step, instead of having to take 6 steps just to use something. Make what you sell simple to use. And versatile. Simple and versatile. Make shopping simple. Make finding things in the store and in the forums simple. Don't think about selling 3D software and content, think about selling simpllicity and versatility. People want to buy siplicity and versatility. They don't want to buy complicated and limited. People are doing this because it is suppose to be fun. Not a frustrating, aggravating ordeal.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I agree. It's not just you.
    I haven't been spending nearly as much here in the new store. Rendo has been getting more of my money (when I spend).
    The broken marketplace doesn't help. I'm a Carrara 7Pro user and am not upgrading to anything just to use Genesis. A lot of good stuff still comes out for Gen4, just have to look for it.
    This past PC Club sale was a major downer. The new sale may be working great for some. I do see some quality items. I have been sitting this one out for the most part.
    I have still yet to use my coupon (which is more of a chore than a joy), but I hate to let them expire, so I just get something.
    Maybe things will rebound.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    Instead of making everything compatible. DAZ is making everything incompatible. Can you use these morphs with this figure? I don't know. Will this work in Poser? I don't know. Will this texture fit this figure? I don't know. This dynamic cloth will work in this program, but not in this other program, that needs a different kind of dynamic cloth, and will it work in Carrara - who knows? Can you import this Genesis into Poser then into Vue? Who knows? Do you need 5 different versions of every figure? It seems so. Only the clothes for that old figure won't fit this new figure, and it won't work in DAZ Studio because it's the wrong kind of dynamic cloth. This Genesis figure, that you can import into Poser - can you import all the morphs and get them to work in poser? Or do you need some other kind of morphs? Who knows?

They've made everything so unbelievably confusing that I'm paralyzed when it comes to buying anything new. All I'm buying are products for which there is no question in my mind will work with no problems with what I already have - and that excludes almost everything made for Genesis and Daz Studio. Every time some product is released for Genesis that I like and want, I get angry because I don't know if it'll work with what I already have. So I don't buy it.

Like - stop the insanity already. Just stop making things incompatible. Make everything work with everything else (within reason). Make that your business. To make things that work together. Instead of making things that don't work together. If you're going to sell a hair model, make the thing fit every DAZ figure. If you're going to make a piece of clothing, find some way to make it fit every DAZ figure regardless of what software someone is using. Make processes 1 step, instead of having to take 6 steps just to use something. Make what you sell simple to use. And versatile. Simple and versatile. Make shopping simple. Make finding things in the store and in the forums simple. Don't think about selling 3D software and content, think about selling simpllicity and versatility. People want to buy siplicity and versatility. They don't want to buy complicated and limited. People are doing this because it is suppose to be fun. Not a frustrating, aggravating ordeal.

The problem is not less compatibility, but more compatibility. It used to be: these morphs work only with one figure, this clothing works only with one figure, etc. (unless you use a conversion program, of course.) Now DAZ 3D has created the possibility to use lots more older items with newer figures than ever before. Personally, while it would be nice if things were clearer (not that confusing product requirements are new with Genesis, but I agree it's become harder to keep everything straight), I think "maybe" is still preferable to a blanket "no."

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

I think "maybe" is still preferable to a blanket "no."

That's a very expensive "maybe", and not just monetarily.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited November 2012

I still buy if I see something I like. HOWEVER, my account is a damn mess. Duplicate items everywhere. My wishlist has the same issue. Would be nice If I could arrange items by price, or view items only on special. There needs to be more structure. It is actually unpleasant going through it all and actually puts me off purchasing a bit. It's like I am hesitant to enter my account, cause I can never find anything. Don't get me started on product updates..dear Lord..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Baglet said:
    .. like hens' teeth ...

Learned something new, our hens don't have teeth, that's too cool. Post a pic :)

I think the hens next door are safe but I'm not sure about the ones a couple of streets down. I've only heard them clucking behind a tall fence so they may have teeth.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

The problem is not less compatibility, but more compatibility. It used to be: these morphs work only with one figure, this clothing works only with one figure, etc. (unless you use a conversion program, of course.) Now DAZ 3D has created the possibility to use lots more older items with newer figures than ever before. Personally, while it would be nice if things were clearer (not that confusing product requirements are new with Genesis, but I agree it's become harder to keep everything straight), I think "maybe" is still preferable to a blanket "no."

That is more theoretical then actual. You can assume clothes will work in the autofit, but till you run them through it you really don't know. I have quite a few nonDAZ sets of clothes for aiko 4 that autofit just screws up.
    The big thing is how any of this works, which for me is inconsistent and undependable. I will continue to use apps I don't have issues with and content I haven't had issues with.
    More over making things more compatible has made things less functional. As in autofit is supposed to greatly expand what clothes can be used on genesis. In most cases it works fine. When it came out it had two big issues, long skirts and spandexing the blouses. Lets add the inability to convert a one piece dress as well. Here it is more then a year later and guess what, auto fit still can't do anything with long dresses, still spandexs blouses, and still can't do a proper conversion of a one piece dress.

That is one of my personal issues with DAZ. They have these great feature ideas that they can't seem to make work. It's almost like they put them in the app now, then try to figure out how to make them work later. I want features that work now, when they are released and not have to put up with bugy, half finished features till DAZ can get them to work.

DAZ's rush to market has cost me money before,
    it wont cost me money anymore.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Hey Stan, break the mould, post something happy! Lolcats, or bunnies, they work :D

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

Hey Stan, break the mould, post something happy! Lolcats, or bunnies, they work :D

I think using LOLcats for thread derailing violates the TOS. But there are plenty of things Stan's happy about! Genetica, for example. :coolsmirk:
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Don't tell him that BlumBlum. If Stan started posting bunnies or kittens, we would think he had been kidnapped by terrorists and then call the police. They would send the SWAT team and...
    Yeah, don't tell him that.
    edited December 1969

I think using LOLcats for thread derailing violates the TOS. But there are plenty of things Stan's happy about! Genetica, for example.
    I used to see enough bunnies and cats derailing threads for years. I don't suspect it violates TOS and if it does, I don't think DAZ cares.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited November 2012

Gedd said:
    Baglet said:
    .. like hens' teeth ...

Perhaps UK hens are like this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/chicken-wraps

Hmmm... that item seems to be a texture set. Didn't there use to be a "Chicken Raptor" model that that texture applied to? The ad above implies as much, but doesn't point to it and I can't find it. Is this an odd naming issue, a discontinued item, or did the catalog get "improved" to non-functionality again?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

Donno, but wouldn't want to be the one assigned to collecting their eggs ;p

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:

Don't tell him that BlumBlum. If Stan started posting bunnies or kittens, we would think he had been kidnapped by terrorists and then call the police. They would send the SWAT team and...
    Yeah, don't tell him that.

Oops, sorry!
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... that item seems to be a texture set. Didn't there use to be a "Chicken Raptor" model that that texture applied to? The ad above implies as much, but doesn't point to it and I can't find it. Is this an odd naming issue, a discontinued item, or did the catalog get "improved" to non-functionality again?

I found the same thing with a texture set the other day. Jack Tomalin has a texture set for the "Kingdom of Marrakesh" model but I can't find the original anywhere. Search for Marrakesh doesn't find it - only the textures and lights. Are things really being discontinued or is there a glitch with the search or the catalogue?

Yes. Our hens must be like that from the stringy meat the local supermarket sells. Not quite as weird as some soup I had in eastern Europe just after the wall came down. It had chicken feet complete with claws.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:

I found the same thing with a texture set the other day. Jack Tomalin has a texture set for the "Kingdom of Marrakesh" model but I can't find the original anywhere. Search for Marrakesh doesn't find it - only the textures and lights. Are things really being discontinued or is there a glitch with the search or the catalogue?

Yes. Our hens must be like that from the stringy meat the local supermarket sells. Not quite as weird as some soup I had in eastern Europe just after the wall came down. It had chicken feet complete with claws.

Jack Tomalin is currently redoing the textures of Kingdom of Marrakech (something to do with the defunct Redhouse Studios) and says it will be along shortly, just like the new Marrakech Souks that just came out and Baroque Grandeur before it. :)

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Baglet said:

Jack Tomalin is currently redoing the textures of Kingdom of Marrakech (something to do with the defunct Redhouse Studios) and says it will be along shortly, just like the new Marrakech Souks that just came out and Baroque Grandeur before it. :)

Thanks. I should have checked his blogs. He seems to be redoing everything - putting his own "stamp" on them.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Zaarin said:
    Baglet said:

Thanks. I should have checked his blogs. He seems to be redoing everything - putting his own "stamp" on them.

Yes, I believe it's a matter of copyright.

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

It's been so long since I've spent money here that I've gotten two Save 30% coupons, months apart, and it had been a while when I got the first one.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Baglet said:
    Zaarin said:
    Baglet said:

Yes, I believe it's a matter of copyright.

Well I guess technically it was, but wanted to just clarify its not because of any infringement or anything like that. Gordana, the original texture artist, wanted them removed from the original sets. So until such time I could replace them, they were pulled from the store. Kingdom of Marrakesh should be out some time in the near future - it's all passed QA, just need to get it scheduled for release.

Cheers!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I don't spend as much as I used to, either.

-Between my simply not liking DS4 or Genesis,

-still have issues getting purchases to work,

-my resets of products bought for DS3 are for DS4 only (I don't get my DS3 files because the product has been 'updated' to DS4),

-and I am only buying older items or things that are Poser friendly, like structures, because if it's listed Poser friendly, it will likely work in DS3.

-Plus, my PC membership only helps me occasionally, now. I also hate how our PC coupon is no longer available looking in our account area, but a code we can only find in our email once a month, which I end up deleting before I can use it ... lol.

There was a time I spent most of my money at Daz. Now ...

But, knowing all of this, I am still resisting making the switch to Poser. I still like Daz better ... I just don't like DS4 and up.

• trading-miketrading-mike Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello,
    yes, my spending dropped by at least 95%. It is not only due to Genesis (which would account for only 50% drop), but also that I really no longer want to endure those dreaded installers (they remember path, but always fall back to "Install for DAZ instead of Poser" and "create uninstaller". Almost every checkbox I have to change for every single run.)

Then, there are not really any promos for Poser any more, and the DS images all look the same and cannot persuade me to buy.

And yes, I agree, the new shop is a pain to use.