Anime Girl Kristin... WIP take 2

Comments

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

Here's a quick render of my Anime girl as an Elvaine (Elfkind) with the Elvaine Ears morph applied... the ear style was inspired by the Elves from 'Record of Lodoss War'...

For this pic I also applied the 'Large Breast' Morph, the 'Darkskinned' Alternate texture and an alternate eye colour from the set I made. The loin-cloth is 'Helsing for V4' tweeked and manually parented to the figure with custom surfaces, the rest of her clothing and gear is my own work... Hair is my new style... with the Displaybase and Extras from a variety of sources...

elvaine.jpg
    590 x 1024 - 327K
  • booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I really like the detail in her hands.

edited December 1969

Ty :) Those hands were one of the first major changes... back in the old thread for this WIP...

edited December 1969

Latest Progress Update: 3 new Morphs added and one renamed...

Body Morphs:

Large Breasts
    Small Breasts
    Nipple Size
    Body Style (renamed from Fix Body Shape)
    Chubby
    Skinny

Limb Morphs:

Thicken/Thin Legs
    Thicken/Thin Arms

Facial Expressions:

Grimace
    Sneer Left
    Sneer Right
    Smile/Laugh
    Mouth Round
    Pucker Lips
    Smile/Frown*

Head Morphs:

Elvaine Ears (The name I gave the Elfish races in my rpg that this character is based from)
    Jut/Retract Chin
    Lengthen/Shorten Chin
    Widen/Narrow Chin
    Nose Bridge Deep/Shallow
    Nose Bridge Wide/Narrow
    Nose Tip Long/Short
    Nose Tip Up/Down
    Nose Tip Wide/Narrow

Eye Morphs:

Dilate Pupils*
    Pupil Shape* (allows you to apply shapes to make the eyes more reptilian or cat-like)

* star denotes new morphs...

edited September 2012

Ok... here's the latest update on progress...

I've finished inserting the current Body and Limb Morphs into her basic clothing. All the Base Clothing items are now fully conforming and will conform properly to the Main Figure when morphs are applied...

Here are a set of renders showing the basic clothing items I've done so far (not including the Fantasy Uniform which still needs the morphs inserted)

A question for those with a litle more know-how than I have... How do I go about inserting Blank Morph Channels into the figure and clothes? Is there any special method or do I just insert them like I would for any other Morph?

clothes2.JPG
    590 x 1024 - 96K
    clothes1.JPG
    590 x 1024 - 95K
    Post edited by chrisschell on
    edited September 2012

Quick update again here;

Ignore my question in the last post... I figured it out... lol

It'd been requested in my original WIP thread in the old forums here that I include some blank channels for morphs and inj/rem poses...

I've added 30 blank morph channels, labeled "Blank Morphs" 1-30 to the figure in ALL the figures body parts... this should allow for a decent number of User Custom Morphs... :)

Also... I've contacted EvilInnocence about the possibility of CrossDresser support for this figure, but can't say that it will be available for sure at this time... I'm trying to make her as useable as possible so hopefully I'll be able to add this extra support...

edited December 1969

Quick update again here;

Ignore my question in the last post... I figured it out... lol

It'd been requested in my original WIP thread in the old forums here that I include some blank channels for morphs and inj/rem poses...

I've added 30 blank morph channels, labeled "Blank Morphs" 1-30 to the figure in ALL the figures body parts... this should allow for a decent number of User Custom Morphs... :)

Also... I've contacted EvilInnocence about the possibility of CrossDresser support for this figure, but can't say that it will be available for sure at this time... I'm trying to make her as useable as possible so hopefully I'll be able to add this extra support...

Cool!

edited December 1969

I'll be adding the same 30 blank channels to the rest of her clothing as well... that way all of it can be customized... it means more work but will allow greater freedom for the end users like yourself...

edited September 2012

Todays Update! :)

Inserted the blank morphs channels into the basic wear clothing... so each of those items now has 30 blank channels as well for users to add custom morphs and injections poses...

Also added 2 new morphs to the base figure; Stick Out Tongue, and Curl Tonguetip to allow for facial expressions like... well... sticking out your tongue for one (lol), and to do poses like licking an icecream or lips...

Lastly, added 6 morphs to the Lady Katrine Bobcut hair I'd made... now can be posed through morphs for wind blowing in various directions, for head movements, and also some options like hair over the eye or pulled back over the ear... (Certain clothing items such as the School Uniform skirt and the Cut-off shirt have had similar morphs added as well)

Lady_Katrine_Bobcut.jpg
    729 x 590 - 122K
    edited December 1969

I'm really liking that hair. Good work.

edited December 1969

I'm really liking that hair. Good work.

Ty :)

edited September 2012

Here's a new test render with some of the new morphs in use... I call it Blowing a Kiss"...

Morphs used in the figure;

Chubbiness (partial strength to add some weight to the character)
    Thicken/Thin Legs (to thin the legs and balance out the chubbiness)
    Breasts Large (at full strength)

Pucker Lips and Mouth Round (to get the effect of blowing a kiss)

Nose Tip Up/Down (to alter the shape of the nose)
    Nose Short/Long to (reduce the length of the tip)

The wink was done by actually posing the eyelids and eyebrows...

Applied the alternate "blueeyes" texture mat pose
    Applied alternate "lightskinned" texture mat pose

Scene props from a variety of sources, Hair, Figure and Clothes are my own
    Rendered in Daz 2.3 normal render mode

blowing_a_kiss2.jpg
    590 x 1024 - 393K
    edited December 1969

The uniqueness of this character is really refreshing. Good work so far.:-)

edited September 2012

Figured I'd share my latest render of my Anime Girl Kristin...

One of my Favourite Anime artists is Masamune Shirow. I have all of his "Intron Depot" poster books, and at one point also had a huge library of Manga by him as well.

This image is a tribute to his "Ghost in the Shell" series of Movies, Games (on both PS1 and PS2) and Manga (The title of this image is a play on my own name).

Anime Girl Kristin Figure, Hair, Clothing (the suit she's wearing is fully modeled not just a retexture skin) and Accessories by me.

Fuchikoma freebie from Nao found at http://naoki-s.seesaa.net/index-2.html

Scene Props and extras from a variety of sources.

Rendered in Daz 2.3

GITs_Tribute.jpg
    791 x 590 - 341K
    edited December 1969

Figured I'd share my latest render of my Anime Girl Kristin...

One of my Favourite Anime artists is Masamune Shirow. I have all of his "Intron Depot" poster books, and at one point also had a huge library of Manga by him as well.

This image is a tribute to his "Ghost in the Shell" series of Movies, Games (on both PS1 and PS2) and Manga (The title of this image is a play on my own name).

Anime Girl Kristin Figure, Hair, Clothing (the suit she's wearing is fully modeled not just a retexture skin) and Accessories by me.

Fuchikoma freebie from Nao found at http://naoki-s.seesaa.net/index-2.html

Scene Props and extras from a variety of sources.

Rendered in Daz 2.3

Cool!

edited October 2012

Today's update;

I'm finally at the stage of adding the blank morph channels into my fantasy uniform... I've also created a second fantasy uniform (a Squire to go with the Knight) and a Sci-fi uniform inspired by Shirow's Datafilm Mecha Pilot Suits... I've got the body morphs from the figure transfered in to all 3 uniforms and will spend tommorrow inserting the blank morph channels into all 3 and rendering thumbnails to get them ready for packaging.

I also got the readme file done for the base figure, which took me a bit as I'm relaxing a few of my liscencing restrictions on this one... but i'll fill in details on that once I'm ready to release her...

Ready so far;

The Base Figure Pack which includes;
    the Base Anime Girl Kristin figure (almost 30 built-in morphs plus 30 blank morph channels),
    a Basic set of Conforming Clothing (Sports Top, Shorts and Running Shoes, all fully morphing),
    2 Conforming Hair Styles with 2 Alternate Hair Textures each (on top of the base texture),
    2 Custom Characters complete with preset morphs and custom textures,
    Alternate Toon-Style Skin mat poses,
    Alternate Toon-Style Hair mat poses,
    4 Alternate Skin Textures with mat poses,
    8 Alternate Eye Textures with mat poses,
    8 Alternate Toe/Fingernail textures with mat poses,
    and
    A non-textured Developers version of the figure stripped of morphs for clothing/hair/texture development.

Base Clothing Pack 1 which includes;
    5 Additional articles of Conforming Clothing (fully morphable),
    1 School Uniform and Tights (fully conforming and morphable),
    Plus
    Alternate Textures for some of the clothing with mat poses.

Also Ready;

Jewelry set 1 which includes;
    12 different peices of Smart-propped Jewelry and Peircings,
    Bracelets, Anklets, Toe Ring, 2 sets of Earrings, and a number of more Intimate Peircings.

Currently in the works;

Golem-Knights Uniform and Gear to tie in with my fantasy product line,
    Golem-Squires Uniform and Gear to tie in with above,
    Nano-suit Mecha Pilot Uniform and VR Visor to tie into my Sci-fi products,
    Smart-propped Weapons set 1 to go with the Golem-Knight and Squire.

All this coming soon! I'll update a release thread once I've got her ready for release as a free public-beta to open her up for community developement.

edited December 1969

Keep up the good work.:-)

edited December 1969

Keep up the good work.:-)

I will try and ty :)

edited October 2012

Hello all;

I've gone as far as I'm able on my own with my Anime Girl so I'm releasing her as a freebie to the community for further development! :)

What you may do with this figure;

Develop Free or For Sale (Commercial) content (clothing, accessories, alternate textures, morph packs, character packs, pose sets, hair, etc). A blank developers figure (un-textured and stripped of morphs) is provided as well as the full figure with all her morphs in the base download.

Make and Redistribute alternate CR2's provided that it is encoded in such a way that the original figure is required to use any new work that you create and that full credit is given to me for the original work upon which your work is derived. Only the Cr2 may be redistributed, not any other part of the original figure or any part of the original files. My original readme file must be included with your work.

What you may NOT do with this figure;

You cannot under any circumstances redistribute or repackage the figure or included files (with the exception of the CR2 as noted above). This includes the Mesh, Textures, Templates or any other files included in the original download.

You may not upload or share the original files on any site, paid or free, in any way shape or form (link's to my site and the figure are acceptable and encouraged provided that the link leads to the download page, "The Barracks", and does not point to the download itself).

All other terms and conditions of my Standard Site/Product EULA apply to this figure with the exceptions noted above regarding the CR2... please read my EULA in the "Contact US" area of my site at www.schells.ca (a copy of the standard EULA is also included in this download).

Please be aware that this figure is as complete as I can make it with my current level of skill and that it is by no means perfect. It is being provided "as-is" as a Public Beta-Trial for further development and expansion.

If you do work with this figure please feel free to contact me so that I can see your works, and if you wish to contribute to the development of this figure please let me know... I'm more than happy to accept any help I can get and to showcase any extras or add-ons that you make.

You can find her in "the Barracks" area of my site, which will be her permanent home... Link in sig below.

edited December 1969

Got her! Hope to play with her soon. Thanks!

edited October 2012

Got her! Hope to play with her soon. Thanks!

You're welcome... :)

Note to all: I'm planning on having this thread as a development thread so if you have any feedback, or update suggestions.... or if you work with the figure either in renders or making stuff for her, please feel free to post here... just please be respectful of my hard work ;)

edited December 1969

I'm working on a starter Pose pack for her now... some basic standing, sitting, and laying down poses...

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I begin to experiment with her. I like her face much.

k25.png
    688 x 885 - 296K
    k21.png
    688 x 885 - 308K
    k00.png
    688 x 885 - 224K
    k01.png
    688 x 885 - 225K
    edited October 2012

She'll take a bit of getting used to... There are a number of extra joints and such to help with posing... I included some tips on how to get the best results in the readme file... but I probably should have and could have included alot more info...

If you use the alternate "Toon Skins" poses in the Poses library they are optimised for best results in Daz's Toon render style... and can also get excellent results in regular render mode as well... depending on lighting and such...

The joint bends also look better with atleast 1 level of subdivision applied...

I'm Glad you like her so far gilikshe :)

edited December 1969

Pose Set #1 is now available as well... 10 Basic poses for my Girl in pz2 format :)

posethumb.JPG
    600 x 600 - 54K
    edited October 2012

I just realised that I missed something when I was finishing the work on my Anime Girl for upload... I missed a joint rig set-up on the Kristin Twintails hair... I'm going to fix it here this afternoon and update the file with the corrected and working Hair so I'll let everyone know when I've gotten that fixed... sorry all :(

Edit* it's fixed now... You can download the fix from this link http://www.schells.ca/KristinPonytails.zip

Sory about this Folks. Simply overwrite the old Kristin Ponytails Cr2 with this new one in your Runtime/Librararies/Character/Chris’s Anime Girl Kristin/Conforming Hair folder. I've also updated the main files on my site to include the fix so new downloads won't be affected by this issue...

edited November 2012

I've released some new items for kristin... Check out my thread in the Freestuff forum here on Daz :) In the mean time I figured I'd share a render from a few days ago while I was playing around with her... Enjoy!

Sleeping_Pretty.jpg
    590 x 1258 - 155K
    edited December 1969

That's a cute little render, there. I haven't had much chance to play with Kristin yet. I hope to soon. I need to go check those new freebies.

edited December 1969

That's a cute little render, there. I haven't had much chance to play with Kristin yet. I hope to soon. I need to go check those new freebies.

Ty... I was just playing around with her using some old freestuff in my runtimes... Figured I'd do something different than I normaly would... :)

edited December 2012

I've been working on my Anime Girl again off and on... thought I'd share my latest render of her with a new hair style I've been working on and some new stuff I'm making for her... This image was inspired by the anime series "Bubblegum Crisis"... I'm also working on a new pose set which I'm hoping to have out soon as well. :)

Cyberoid_Pinnochia_2.jpg
    1046 x 590 - 445K