Can THESE be used in DAZ Studio?

K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, fellas. Recently came across some nice items at Cornucopia 3D, such as this, this and this. Would you fellas know if these items can be used in DAZ Studio? They're all available in .OBJ format, so I gather the answer is yes? I'd be most grateful if anyone could help out on this. Thanks!

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Hi, fellas. Recently came across some nice items at Cornucopia 3D, such as this, this and this. Would you fellas know if these items can be used in DAZ Studio? They're all available in .OBJ format, so I gather the answer is yes? I'd be most grateful if anyone could help out on this. Thanks!

if they are not locked to Vue - then yes you should be able to .

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

How do I tell if they're locked to VUE? :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    How do I tell if they're locked to VUE? :)

if they are Vue only format .

edited June 2012

Which they aren't, I gather. (They're available in .3DS and .OBJ formats as well.)

Thanks!

Post edited by K T Ong on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Which they aren't, I gather. (They're available in .3DS and .OBJ formats as well.)

Thanks!

Only if you pay for the non-locked version (which is generally about 2x as expensive).
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

DS can natively open .obj files, but to get .3ds files you'd need to open it first in a modeller that can open .3ds files (not .3ds scene files if I read right) and then export the obj for import to DS.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Of course the other issue, besides geometry format, is materials - Vue has procedural materials that won't work in other applications, so you may be left trying to find or create suitable textures for any imported models.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the help, fellas!

Maybe I'll buy just one of the cheaper ones of the items I listed, just to try it out to see how it'll go...