OT - Live your dream :-)

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Apt cats see trees, see birds in trees ... and can but dream of walking out onto those limbs holding those teasers.

But then occasionally a lucky cat gets to live its dream ... lucky because this story did have a happy ending, they don't all.

Help consisted of a professional tree climber 'cause the fire dept's ladder was unavailable at the time.

This was from an incident a few years ago:

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Bwahaha!
    I have been around cats all my live and they can get themselves into quite some trouble ><<br /> One of my previous ones is erm, quite "large" (ok it's fat XD)
    It tried getting behind our aquarium and got stuck...I had to open the aquarium closet in the front to pull her out...
    It is funny, embarassing and touching at the same time :)

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited November 2012

My current kitty, LingLing, for some reason climbed our big Tamarack outside our deck a couple of years ago. Probably to avoid a coyote or raccoon. She was way high up in the tree for three nights and no coaxing would bring her down. I was absolutely desperate and had to resort to professional tree climbers as well. Neither the Sheriff's department nor the Fire department would help, but those wonderful tree climbers offered their services for free. Needless to say, I tipped them well.

P2140018.jpg
    496 x 372 - 55K
    Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Cat In a Tree has some amazing rescue stories. (Check out the photo stories.)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

That guy deserves a medal!
    I kept talking to my screen as I clicked to the photo stories:'You are all stupid cats, look at how high that is!"
    And I even shed a tear XD

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    That guy deserves a medal!
    I kept talking to my screen as I clicked to the photo stories:'You are all stupid cats, look at how high that is!"
    And I even shed a tear XD

Yes, some of them got crazy high up. It was kinda scary just looking at the photos.

And some of them actually climbed up and got stuck more than once! He had to do repeat rescues!