Breaking Waves - FirstBastion!

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/breaking-waves

Not sure if anyone has seen this but boy it really looks cool HURRY UP DAZ and FIX YOUR STORE!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Oh for crying out bl**dy loud. Despite having gone to the store not 5 minutes before seeing this post and cycling through a few options to get it to actually cough up the latest items (by the way,how the hell can you have a store that seems to have show in date order, latest first NOT actually do that????) this (and two other new products) did not show up. Now they do. No wonder I have spent so little in the past 2 to 3 weeks - I am not seeing any new products, way to go DAZ!

This is truly getting beyond riduculousness.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

Yesterday's products don't show up on the main storefront anymore, either, but everything is showing under New Releases.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Kinda like the forums. No new posts push the threads to the top of the list. This is really bad.... Merchants are loosing money, clients are pissed off and the mods are pulling their hair out....

On topic... product looks really really cool!

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i grabbed it, FB already has a thread about it

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/292/

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I just looked under new releases and it is not there! That is veryside. This looks like a great product too!

edited June 2012

Forgot to say, "thank you, Wolffie, for pointing this out!"

To find it on the new releases page I have to change the number of items shown from 15 to 30, and then it appears. Why? Why on earth do I have to do that? I am gald I did not buy it at the time I first saw it, as it did not have any PC price reduction, but it now has a 'Special Price' - which I gather is the PC proce.

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited June 2012

You can also try going to page 2, then clicking the link to go back to page 1. That usually refreshes the list correctly. Store>New releases seems to be problematic in several ways, it's one of the pages most likely to decide I'm logged out too (which would not be surprising if caching is involved, since it must be one of the most visited pages).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

You can also try going to page 2, then clicking the link to go back to page 1. That usually refreshes the list correctly. Store>New releases seems to be problematic in several ways, it's one of the pages most likely to decide I'm logged out too (which would not be surprising if caching is involved, since it must be one of the most visited pages).

Just gave that a try and went from Items 1-15 of 71 to items 31-47 of 47. What the heck? I go to page 2 and it decides to suddenly show 30 items per page instead of 15? Oh, ait now is showing Items 1-15 of 107. On page 2 it now has 16-30 of 105 and .... page 3 takes me to 31-47 of 47. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Beyond riduculous. How the hell can it randomly determine how many new items there are?

Oh, and scrolling back? I got back to page 1, showing Items 1-15 of 80, with Sweet Dreams, Forest Scout and Day Job Shader Presets as being the most recent.

The upshot of all this? I have NO trust in what I see on that page and BY EXTENSION - no where else in the store. I am a nice, level-headed chap, willing to cut some slack but someone, somewhere really dropped the ball on this one. The admins who are sticking their heads above the parapet, (Ann, Frank, you and others) are doing a sterling job, but one you should not have been made to do in this. Speaking for myself (and I suspect everyone else), none of my ire, confusion and aggravation is aimed at any of you.
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

This looks really good..Would have bought it instantly..

but this store is a mess and until it is sorted...NO PURCHASES..sorry.

S.K.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/breaking-waves

The product page says Studio only, but the description suggests that several other programs can be used. Would Poser be one of those?

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, it is just a static prop and comes with a ,obj so it can be used in about anything. It isn't animated and wont give you crashing beach tides.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Yes, it is just a static prop and comes with a ,obj so it can be used in about anything. It isn't animated and wont give you crashing beach tides.

But the description says there's a morph. Just wondering if that's Studio only..?

edited December 1969

Merged the product question thread into this thread.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:

But the description says there's a morph. Just wondering if that's Studio only..?

I believe the product page was lacking initially - it now lists both a pp2 for Poser and .daz scene file for DS on the What's included page. Unfortunately programme compatibility information is not currently reliable.

• 3d-username3d-username Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm a bit disappointed with this, why would the product page list and show images of 10ish textures and then only have one texture when installed.
    The textures are what make the product. One can make this obj in sketchup terrain maker or blender or several other free programs in seconds. I am so tired of being told and shown one thing by DAZ then getting something less after the purchase.
    Back to sharecg for my downloads, at least they over deliver.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited June 2012

For some reason the list that was being shown under textures was the "keywords search" list. The store page is showing the correct listing only half the time, when I've visited the page.

The What's Included tab should read and show this. (image below)

And as with everyone of my products so far, it is POSER and DAZ STUDIO compatible. The morph was built first in Poser so it works there for sure.

BreakingWhatsIncluded.jpg
    660 x 400 - 22K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

The Breaking Waves also works as a ground prop that can generate an interesting visual, when rendered with a ground texture instead of water.

ThePatrol.jpg
    800 x 480 - 217K
  • flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

For some reason the list that was being shown under textures was the "keywords search" list. The store page is showing the correct listing only half the time, when I've visited the page.

The What's Included tab should read and show this. (image below)

And as with everyone of my products so far, it is POSER and DAZ STUDIO compatible. The morph was built first in Poser so it works there for sure.

I too was taken in by the listing of 'textures', and have been frantically searching for them in my download....well! ..this explains why I haven't found them...It's a pity it doesn't come with more preset textures; and perhaps explanation of how best to use the 'light apron', and 'darkdepths' to alter the looks of the water ...otherwise it's a nice product!

edited December 1969

As I had mentioned in another thread, that list is actually the "keywords search" list. How it got mixed up under what's included is a big mystery. But since I do believe the buck stops here, I do apologize for any confusion. The Breaking waves prop is UV mapped and will accept any texture or ds shader or ps material. The hovertank image above is using the old waterhole ground texture tiled for example.

• flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

And I could see that the error was not your fault.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can't wait for the Fisty & Marieah stone shaders to come out. I see these waves and can't help but imagine some alien planets with landscapes/seas of opal, etc. Crystalline landscapes like in Alan D. Foster's book "Sentenced to Prism".

Ah yes, this is going to be a fun summer!

Cheers

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

The Breaking Waves also works as a ground prop that can generate an interesting visual, when rendered with a ground texture instead of water.

...a few months ago I did the opposite where i applied a seawater surface map to Rolling Plains in the pic below. Breaking Waves would have made things a lot simpler if it was out back then.

Wishlisted for now until the store is more stable.

la_catedrale_B.jpg
    800 x 800 - 613K
    edited December 1969

I am going to be providing a small update for Breaking Waves. This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon. The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

breakingdsmat800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 289K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

I am going to be providing a small update for Breaking Waves. This is an example of the updated DS mats that will be available in your accounts soon. The update will also include an ambiance balanced lightset to enhance the look of the waves.

Could you let us know in this forum when the DAZ materials have been put in our downloads? Sometimes I don't see things like that. I hope it is soon as I am unhappy with the product as is - I've tried a lot of water materials and they don't look too good, partly because the waves loose their whitecaps. Anyway I will return it in the 30-day period if there are no DS materials as it is kind of useless to me otherwise. :-S

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

any update to the Poser version?

edited June 2012

hope to have more info very soon.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

There are updated installers available now. Reset your downloads in Itemized order history. The textures have also been updated so both DS and Poser (PS) users should get their respective update 1.1 . In DS, the DS mats and the ambiance balanced lightset for DS work best when the waves model mesh is converted to Sub-D.