The Maid of Might...a Potential Freebie W.I.P.

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Well, I got a request and a demand for this...Supergirl for the Genesis Morphing Fantasy Dress (texture will also work on V4 and V3's Morphing Fantasy Dress since they share the same UV's. That's what DAZ says anyways).

Here's the first stage of the work using V4's Iconic Shape for Genesis. So far the S shield is giving me the most trouble. But I have an idea on how to possibly fix that.

Anyways, I'll keep working on this. In the meantime, if your interested in this potential freebie, please reply here. If there is enough demand for it, I'll share with the community at large.

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2012

I'm very much interested in this...

Which variant are you thinking of doing? I know of at least seven: http://th03.deviantart.net/fs25/PRE/i/2008/036/1/a/The_Rise_Of_Supergirl_by_Tompach.jpg

Post edited by robkelk on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Oh? We get to vote on this? Wow! Okay, just kidding. Even though I have yet to take the Genesis Plunge (lack of computing power) I do have the MFD and still think it would be useful. It looks really interesting so far.

If we do get to vote, I've always been fond of the animated version, the white short top with the skirt. I'm sure I can find some proper gloves somewhere...

• edited November 2012

This looks like it will be awesome when finished i am also curious which style it will be

Post edited by amrty01_076e2c5ea7 on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Well, I see a blue background on the shield in Knight22179's image, so it's probably not the DCAU or Power Girl costume...

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited November 2012

robkelk said:

Which variant are you thinking of doing? I know of at least seven: http://th03.deviantart.net/fs25/PRE/i/2008/036/1/a/The_Rise_Of_Supergirl_by_Tompach.jpg

Gonna do this one. :) Except, I won't make the S shield so big.

SupergirlMatrix.jpg
    500 x 377 - 47K
    Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh fantastic!!!! looks great! (i'm really hoping that it wasn't me that did the "demand"!!!)

what is the cape you are using?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Gonna do this one. :) Except, I won't make the S shield so big.IMO, I think the larger shield looks better than a small one.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure. Wouldn't using that logo be a copyright violation? Excuse me if you've already investigated that or have received permission to use it.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Nope, I was the "demander" but he said he would only offer it for free if there was a greater demand...so I demanded it. *smile* But in a nice way... with cookies and flowery language. *smile*

edited November 2012

jakiblue said:
    oh fantastic!!!! looks great! (i'm really hoping that it wasn't me that did the "demand"!!!)

what is the cape you are using?

I'm using this cape: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/super-cape-for-genesis

What I love most about it is the picture below. ;)

[Click on Image for Full size view]

FORUM2.jpg
    598 x 915 - 133K
    Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

IMO, I think the larger shield looks better than a small one.

Unfortunately, the larger the S shield, the more distortion I get from the boobs.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I'm not sure. Wouldn't using that logo be a copyright violation? Excuse me if you've already investigated that or have received permission to use it.

So long as it's freely given with no profit made, there's no harm in it. I'm not doing this for the money.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Unfortunately, the larger the S shield, the more distortion I get from the boobs. No more so than if it were being stretched across real breasts.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Unfortunately, the larger the S shield, the more distortion I get from the boobs. No more so than if it were being stretched across real breasts.

Have you seen the Supergirl movie? Those tights she wore didn't conform to her boobs perfectly, there was a visible gap between her boobs...a clothing gap that didn't stick closely to the skin. Same thing with any shirt a woman puts on. In the Poser world, that is nearly non-existant.

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Good idea to use the MFD

hope you can get it out soon

It may even encourage me to release my own V4 bodysuit version

http://fav.me/d5hfc0s

including the custom spandex morph if I can get it to inject reliably (I'll probably have to include the V4 body settings to match)

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Unfortunately, the larger the S shield, the more distortion I get from the boobs.
    Perhaps the Clothing Cleavage Modifier would remedy that?

• edited December 1969

Is this idea dead in the water?, I'd love to have a Kara Zor-El costume for one of my characters

edited December 1969

Alright, I did finish the texture. I'll package it up and let you guys know when it's up.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

So long as it's freely given with no profit made, there's no harm in it. I'm not doing this for the money.

Technically, it would be trademark infringement. But there is a long tradition of fan use in lots of IP's, comics, movies, television, etc. The rule of thumb is that you can't profit from it. And the thing with trademarks is that you have to defend them. So, say they wanted to sue over a poser/daz texture like this, I think it would be very difficult because they have not done so in the past. But I am not a lawyer, so take with half a grain of salt.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Technically, it would be trademark infringement. But there is a long tradition of fan use in lots of IP's, comics, movies, television, etc. The rule of thumb is that you can't profit from it. And the thing with trademarks is that you have to defend them. So, say they wanted to sue over a poser/daz texture like this, I think it would be very difficult because they have not done so in the past. But I am not a lawyer, so take with half a grain of salt.

Oh trust me, I'm not going to profit from this. The texture will be for free. Lots of other users do the same thing for free. :)

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Probably too late for this but...

If you get a 3d paint tool and use that to apply the texture, it will be pre-distorted and APPEAR undistorted in a straight-on front shot.

I'm not posting because I think you should redo this texture, I'm presenting things you might be interested in using later.

The two programs I know of for this are Z-Brush and Blacksmith 3d.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, both programs are way too expensive for me to buy. All I have is Hexigon 2.5, Bryce 7, Blender and D/S. :)

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Decal Master or Texture Paint Helper from here used to be the affordable way, but yhey don't like modern windows.

• timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Very cool,Look forwards to this