A complete reinstallation of DS4.5 with 1299 products - The need for an automated installation and u

linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,331
edited November 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,832
    edited December 1969

By what has beens aid the forthcoming Content Install Manager should address many of your wishes.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,331
    edited November 2013

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,832
    edited December 1969

There isn't an official thread, so I would assume the release isn't imminent. But it was said, when it was first discussed, that it would have the ability to handle product updates if the user wished.

edited November 2013

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited November 2013

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    While you're waiting, here's a batch installation script http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4603/ which contains a link to the original batch installation script written by Tugspx. I modified it to process different types of installers in successive waves (by uncommenting the different parameters lines). Legionair added two other scripts but I haven't looked at what he's done with those.

Cridgit!

Thx a lot for sharing this!

I followed the link, read through everything and followed the link further to a post in the forumarchive where the original unchanged script by Tugspx is to be found:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I quickly tried with 4 products I purchased last sunday and it worked.

- - -

Now the question will be how many installers I can safely process at the same time without running the risk that some metadata is being skiped when added to the queue.

My cautious approach was so far to unly install 10 products at a time and the restart DS4.5 to process the metadata queue.
    Maybe that is to cautious? But then again it was also last sunday that DS4.5 triggered a fatal error while trying to process metadata of 15 queued products. On the other hand I seem to have managed to install whole "pro bundles" without any loss. Seems all a bit trial and error so far.

Coded section removed, as it appeared to be merely a copy and paste of the information in the old forum, and it was breaking the forum formatting.

edited November 2013

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you can find a way to post it without breaking the forum formatting, then please do repost it.

However by using the "Code" html format, it was showing the full strings without a break, across the width of the page and beyond, if you see what I mean.