Wancow's 100% Free Genesis Girls (no purchase necessary at all) files are fixed

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited November 2012 in Freebies

Aquiline for Genesis

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65812/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Aquiline-for-Genesis

Enjoy

NOTE: I have fixed the files. They are now Character Presets found under My Library/People/Genesis/Characters/Wancow

This is true of all the characters I'll be posting.

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Janet for Genesis

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65816/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Janet-for-Genesis-(DAZ-Studio-4.5)

All the morphs used on these figures are available for free.

WC_Janet001.jpg
    600 x 600 - 108K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Nice to see even more people getting in on the dial spun characters. I may not have time to do much tonight but I'll definitely be adding these to my arsenal.

edited December 1969

Oh, just for SHnGs... here's a BellyButton morph spawned from Deformers...

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65818/view/21/DAZ-Studio/BellyButton-for-Genesis

Notice the figure is NOT showing anything obscene THANK YOU SICKLEYIELD!

WC_BellyButton.jpg
    600 x 600 - 154K
    edited December 1969

So, I was still up and decided to go ahead and test these out. It seems like these are saved as scenes. The problem is that it limits the ability to add the characters to a scene already being worked on. What was shown to me a while ago (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1431/) was that it's usually better to Save As > Character Preset. This way either it'll be applied to the currently selected Genesis figure or a new figure can be added within the scene.

Other than that issue they look fine.

edited December 1969

Zamuel, I would, I just found it to be easier this way, that way the only thing anyone has to put in the right place is the texture...

edited December 1969

June for Genesis
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65819/view/21/DAZ-Studio/June-for-Genesis-(DAZ-Studio-4.5)
    Yes, she looks a bit sad...

WC_June01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 97K
  • marcoiomarcoio Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the stuff. It seems that in all three files there is a missing morph (CJ Studio Ideal Beauty feet)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited November 2012

A couple of little tips.

1) Learn how to package files properly

2) Use the Character Preset for dial spun characters as that's what it's for, that way you don't change other peoples render settings like your doing with your scene files.

3) Pose fix morphs are always active, so you need to remove them from Genesis before you start making content, as they get in the way otherwise.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited December 1969

The pose fix morph thing seems a little odd since I was getting the "can not find" error despite the fact that I own that morph as well. As far as packaging, I wouldn't worry about the default Laura texture since there's plenty of free texture options out there. In the main promos for Suka and Hinekuru I used freebie skins deliberately (though I need to go explicitly credit them).

So, I decided to use June in a full render and the final image looks good:

WALLFLOWER

Wallflower.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 71K
    edited December 1969

Okay, okay, okay... I'll fix it :)

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    The pose fix morph thing seems a little odd since I was getting the "can not find" error despite the fact that I own that morph as well. As far as packaging, I wouldn't worry about the default Laura texture since there's plenty of free texture options out there. In the main promos for Suka and Hinekuru I used freebie skins deliberately (though I need to go explicitly credit them).

So, I decided to use June in a full render and the final image looks good:

She looks fantastic! I'll get those files fixed asap :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    The pose fix morph thing seems a little odd since I was getting the "can not find" error despite the fact that I own that morph as well.

Without looking at the file in a text editor, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm guessing that's because your My Library and wancow's don't have the same exact name/path...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    ZamuelNow said:
    The pose fix morph thing seems a little odd since I was getting the "can not find" error despite the fact that I own that morph as well.

Without looking at the file in a text editor, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm guessing that's because your My Library and wancow's don't have the same exact name/path...

3) Pose fix morphs are always active, so you need to remove them from Genesis before you start making content, as they get in the way otherwise.

That's another reason I wish there were a few more 'advanced' options on the save dialogs.

edited December 1969

I install everything as defaults under My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/...

edited December 1969

Okay, I have disabled the fix morph and saved them as Character Presets, uploaded... hopefully there will be no further issues :) I'll monitor this thread if there are.

edited December 1969
    WC_Amalia01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 112K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I don't have time to test these out, but I like the idea of saving as character presets rather than scenes so thanks for changing that :) These look really nice!

edited December 1969
    WC_Anthea.jpg
    600 x 600 - 100K
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I don't have time to test these out, but I like the idea of saving as character presets rather than scenes so thanks for changing that :) These look really nice!

I always save my characters as scenes. It's saved my rear way to many times in the past... that said, I understand why everyone wanted it the other way.... so that is what I shall do :)

• kjer_99kjer_99 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

Well, personally, I prefer to save my characters a scenes too; for the same reason you did. I've done them both ways but find the presets are more likely to mess up than the scene saved one. But, hey, that's just my experience.

edited November 2012

I made these textures because I was inspired by something Zamuel did... but here they are:
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65919/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Zamuels-Girl-Texture-Set-for-V4-UVS

done with freebies from ShareCG (merchant resource freebies) and my own eyebrows.
    For the V4uvs

Zamuelsgurltx.jpg
    600 x 600 - 115K
    Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Here's another texture set... textures only, need to be manually applied.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65920/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Zamuels-Girl-02-Texture-Set

ZamuelsGirl-2-01.png
    557 x 557 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much for these :)

edited December 1969

Alisa, go thank Zamuel in his thread! I wouldn't be doing these if not for his work!

edited December 1969

I've already been thanking him ;)