Can't get anything dynamic to work (Solved)

JStryker47JStryker47 Posts: 58

I try loading dynamic clothing in DAZ Studio, both 3 and 4, but the items won't even show in the scene. I can't even get the dynamic clothing control to work, because even though I know I've installed it, the dynamic clothing tab isn't showing on the list. Am I seriously the only person having this problem?

Post edited by JStryker47 on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

Am I seriously the only person having this problem?

Probably....

But first give example of a dynamic clothing that you have this problem with.
    Maybe I have it too. Also what version of DS and what OS you use

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

This happens often when you upgrade DAZ Studio. The Dynamic Clothing Control plugin needs to be reinstalled too. If you've just updated DAZ Studio reset the dynamics plugin in your downloads and install it.

• JStryker47JStryker47 Posts: 58
    edited November 2012

Okay, you can disregard this now.

It seems the problem was, I hadn't registered the clothing control plugin; which fixed the problem, at least in DS3. But if I have to use DS3 to get those products to work, then so be it I guess.

Post edited by JStryker47 on
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited November 2012

I am actually using flounce skirt in scene I am working on now.
    The only problem I have is UV's are not quite right from saved scenes.

Check your application log and see if it has any complaint about dzoptitexclothbasic.dll
    You can find it under Help-->Troubleshooting-->View Log file

Post edited by Medzin on
  • JStryker47JStryker47 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Hmm... I probably should've just made another post instead of editing my last one, but I've fixed my problem by registering the clothing control plugin.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Hmm... I probably should've just made another post instead of editing my last one, but I've fixed my problem by registering the clothing control plugin.
    Can you edit the opening post and add "(Solved)" to the title please.