Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited November 2012

anyone wanting a copy of the tos era raptor pm me your email adresses

all this intrest in raptors made me dust off a project i was working on a while age

guys let me know if there is any intrest

Render_2.jpg
    823 x 506 - 16K
    raptor.jpg
    745 x 552 - 31K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited November 2012

nice :)

and yes I have interest in Raptor :)

iss-immortal-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 204K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

I have an interest in most kinds of spacecraft. I even have a copy of SuperCar lying around somewhere. So, yeah. Raptors? Interested. Especially as I picked up the Lizardians the other day; it would be fun to have raptors flying the Raptor.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    anyone wanting a copy of the tos era raptor pm me your email adresses

all this intrest in raptors made me dust off a project i was working on a while age

guys let me know if there is any intrest

Most definitely interested This looks sharp:coolcheese:

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    nice :)

and yes I have interest in Raptor :)

Nice one you are quick off the mark

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Flipping back to the Andorian antenna jewelry for a moment, I'm hoping we can manage a quick update of Draconian's antennae. Since they are props, and the movements are morphs, any jewelry attached to them is unaffected by the morph movements.

I've regrouped the antennae and saved them as CR2s. I could probably rig them the 'long way,' but they really cry out for EZ-Pose, which I don't know anything about. If someone wants to give EZ-Posing them a try, I'm sure there will be many grateful folks hereabouts ;). If you do, you can e-mail me just the CR2s, and I'll repackage the set, update the ReadMe, and continue hosting them.

I've also UV-mapped them, so more complex textures can be used, and included a template in the Geometries folder

Thanks!

http://www.ptrope.com/downloads/Draconian_Andorian_Antennae_CR2.zip

edited December 1969

I did an EZ Pose version of them when they first came out. As I recall, Draconian was not interested.

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Bluto,

I also sent you a request for the Raptor, as, yes, I'm very interested in it as well.

Your friend
    Oracle

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

I am interested ,too.

Gym7.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 487K
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I did an EZ Pose version of them when they first came out. As I recall, Draconian was not interested.

I don't suppose you still have them? I'm definitely interested. If not, I could probably reverse-engineer a set from something else that uses EZ-Pose (like the MARS ;))
  • wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, my Romulan textures for the M4 Valiant are up in Renderosity's Free Stuff section.

And here's the link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69906

Thank you, BluBeetle. Nice work.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

Ships Of The Line UPDATE - 2012-11-18

Added the Reman Warbird Scimitar under Romulans.

Please see Link in my sig for the thread.

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited November 2012

wow , with so many of you interested in my raptors , it might be a little easier to upload them to share c g or excalipro
    i will finnish up the modeling on the enterprise era raptor and packade up all 3 to be uploaded to either share c g or excalipro
    when that is done i will post a link

thanks for your input guys

Post edited by bluto on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Ships Of The Line UPDATE - 2012-11-18

Added the Reman Warbird Scimitar under Romulans.

Please see Link in my sig for the thread.

Freebie list has been updated under the Romulan ships.

-Paul

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Thalek said:

I don't suppose you still have them? I'm definitely interested. If not, I could probably reverse-engineer a set from something else that uses EZ-Pose (like the MARS ;))

:red: I've looked all over, and apparently, I did not do an EP conversion on those. If you'll give me some time, though, I can probably do a conversion. I've been kinda busy with my lady's health issues and my own, so it would probably take about a week to do

edited December 1969

Hey. no hurry, Thalek - your priorities are certainly more important than this ;). If you think there's anything else I need to do to prep the mesh or CR2 beforehand, let me know -- I grouped it according to the material zones, incl. segmenting the internal 'tubes' so they won't poke through ;). I can probably rig them the normal way (7 joints ea.) with no problem - it's just getting the ERC set up so the user can bend the entire antenna that I'm not familiar with. Rigging them is just the only way I know to make it practical to add jewelry that will move with them as they're bent. :)

Thanks for anything you want to do to them :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

As some of the readers to this thread were interested in image editors for comics, this might be of interest.
    Free for a short time, fully functional Xara Xtreme 5

May need to reboot the computer to finish installation, need to be online to register it.

• edited December 1969

Something else I've had in my hard drive, my version of a Starfleet Marine duty uniform. I've seen some other versions of the Starfleet Marine insignia and, while I always felt it should be inspired by the USMC insignia, I always thought they were too close to the USMC insignia. I tried to do something a little different while retaining the anchor and globe.

One problem I have with Starfleet Marines, however, is that there's no canon proof they exist (aside from Enterprise). No mention, forget appearances, in TOS, TNG, DS9, or Voyager. And as I've been watching DS9 and the whole Dominion War storyline, there were plenty of opportunities to see Marines, from the planetary fronts of the Klingons attempt to conquer the Cardassians (a prelude to the Dominion War itself) to armed personnel patrol the streets of Earth. In every case, they were Starfleet personnel. No mention of Marines.

So, no HOO-YAH in the 24th century?

StarfleetMarineLt01.jpg
    1022 x 750 - 373K
    edited November 2012

Looks good! Only question I have is: why does it have the UFP symbol on it? I realize that Starfleet is essentially the 'military' arm of the Federation, but since none of the other divisions have it, it seems excessive here. I like the anchor; what about simply putting the Starfleet chevron over a round backing, similar to what you have (maybe it could include a top-down view of a spiral galaxy) and have the anchor through that, instead of through a UFP symbol? What you have is nicely done - it just seems a little too much of a good thing ;).

Uniform looks great, though :coolsmile:.

Post edited by Ptrope on
    edited November 2012

Now I know why I hate rigging - it seems more of an art than a science, most of the time. After 2 hours, I finally got Draconian's antennae rigged - it only took about 6 tries! For some reason, that seems typical to/for me - at least 3 or 4 tries end up with bones that don't connect to the OBJ, or it doesn't pick up the OBJ once it's saved and then reloaded to a new document, or any one of a dozen other scenarios :shut:.

What counts is that they work now ...

Thalek, I may save you some time; you know, these things only have 7 segments in each antenna - if we (meaning "I," too !) need Easy-Pose, we're (meaning "I'm" :)) just too damn lazy :P. BTW, the ones you rigged were Redfern's TOS antennae ;) (according to the ReadMe).

The existing download package has been updated to include the new CR2. I've disabled the translation and scaling controls for most of the segments, although I kept the scaling controls for the 6th segment of each antenna; scaling that segment actually controls the scaling of the cone, and you can make them large enough to look similar to the ones in TOS. I also retained the X-trans control for the first segment, which allows you to adjust the spacing between the antennae (moving them in the Y- or Z-plane seemed redundant).

Of course, the package includes the UV-mapped geometry, as well, and a template to make your own materials.

And because I'm a little odd ...

Verena_Hybrid_Antennae001.jpg
    472 x 800 - 49K
    Post edited by Ptrope on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

There is a Colonel (which is not a Navy rank) West in The Undiscovered Country but Colonel of what isn't mentioned
    Note that his uniform was the uniform of a Starfleet vice admiral

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65817/view/11/Poser/STO-Admiral-Uniform-Textures-for-V4-Courageous

Admiral uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's V4 Courageous costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

STOAdmiralTexturesAd.jpg
    485 x 669 - 289K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2012

nm - my humour not thine.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Wow, very well done, Mylochka.

They really turned out nice. Thank you very much for doing them.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Hey. no hurry, Thalek - your priorities are certainly more important than this ;). If you think there's anything else I need to do to prep the mesh or CR2 beforehand, let me know -- I grouped it according to the material zones, incl. segmenting the internal 'tubes' so they won't poke through ;). I can probably rig them the normal way (7 joints ea.) with no problem - it's just getting the ERC set up so the user can bend the entire antenna that I'm not familiar with. Rigging them is just the only way I know to make it practical to add jewelry that will move with them as they're bent. :)

Thanks for anything you want to do to them :)

Well, if you can turn it into a posable .cr2 with joints, it's the matter of maybe two minutes to change it to an EP figure. And most of that is starting the program and trying to remember what the parameters are. For me, changing a prop into a posable figure is the hard part. Ask poor Bill how often we went back and forth on the Martian War Machine before I finally got it right. The MARS viewers were pretty tedious, too. Hell, if you had the EZ Pose program, you wouldn't need me at all; it's that easy to do.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I'm a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

I don't think you need to need to participate in a close-minded. prejudiced group like that. Daz models are used by professional illustrators.

Thanks for the support guys. It just burns me when I encounter someone so narrow minded and close minded to the point that they are not willing to hear anyone's opinion but their own.

David

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited November 2012

United Fed Postal have ground troops ? :P

and since it is starfleet and United federation of planet and not USA
    it makes sense that Marines aren't there, since why not Vulcan Logic Troops or Andoran Storm Troops or hey maybe Telleran Star Troops

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    wow , with so many of you interested in my raptors , it might be a little easier to upload them to share c g or excalipro
    i will finnish up the modeling on the enterprise era raptor and packade up all 3 to be uploaded to either share c g or excalipro
    when that is done i will post a link

thanks for your input guys

Bluto if you are interested I would be willing to host it at DA as well in our new Mirror Trek group.

This discussion has been closed.