MY carrara

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in Art Studio

I work on a lot of scenes and finish extremely few. I don't have an online gallery so most people only know me from my forum posts. I figure this will be a good place to post a lot of unfinished scenes, some scenes are little more the me getting a bit carried away just trying clothes on the figure.

I'll start with my character folder.

V4 30s style

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M4 uzilite

m4uzilite.jpg
    600 x 800 - 23K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

keep them coming

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep... Please do that.

edited December 1969

V4 50's style

v4_50s.jpg
    600 x 800 - 51K
    edited November 2012

V4 hot ballerina. With soft cloth skirt. This is lighting one, lighting two will be up soon; and I mean shortly ;) lol

v4_hotal_sc.jpg
    600 x 800 - 34K
    edited December 1969

This is one of the renders I was working on that changed my opinion of negative lighting. I've turned the back ground light negative, dropped the strength of the side bulbs and added blue and red spot lights. I have a difficult time getting the dramatic back lighting and still keeping a good/soft light on the figure, with out using a negative light for the back lighting. Yes it's a trial and error work around ;)

v4_hotal_sc_b.jpg
    600 x 800 - 33K
    edited December 1969

both are nice .

edited December 1969

I like this character, I work with her quite a bit in animation experiments. The ballet out fit fits and poses nicely.

Ok, here is David 3 using Mike 3's aged skin texture and David's old morph for a carnival character. The carnival was one of my overly ambitious projects, got to where there was so much in a scene I couldn't work it.

d3_manager.jpg
    600 x 800 - 25K
    edited December 1969

And everyone knows I love goth chics ;)

Doc10.jpg
    640 x 960 - 49K
    edited December 1969

black nails - mmmmmmmmm

edited December 1969

Now to the scarey little girl. I was trying to work on a twisted little silent hill like school hall animation, but it was just too complex for me to pull off.

Doc9.jpg
    600 x 800 - 29K
    edited December 1969

to bad - that would have been a cool animation

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    to bad - that would have been a cool animation

I worked out a few things like target disks for opening doors, but right off our hereon has to do a backward crab crawl away from the girl, and I just couldn't manage it.

Here is Mike 3. Don't worry he is just a senior member of the pedestrian authority. One of the characters for an Orwellian subway scene.
    {Note: when I was doing the face I had a 70's character actor in mind. He played the clingy psychopath in the original longest yard.}

PAsenior.jpg
    600 x 800 - 27K
    edited December 1969

And here is Mike 3 as a junior member. The problem with the subway scene was I was going to need a minimum of 30 characters and I started drawing blanks at 11 :red:

You can see here I haven't bumped the clothing. Some times these simple character set ups can take hours, especially when I am making my own maps.

The gold wash is the lighting, I am using my "amber stage" HDRI. The lighting in the subway; Jack's of coarse ;), will be a dim amber.

JR_PA.jpg
    600 x 800 - 23K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    The problem with the subway scene was I was going to need a minimum of 30 characters and I started drawing blanks at 11 :red:

replicators Manley, replicators!!
    edited November 2012

I plan on using several cameras, or renders of the scene. So I need individual characters ;)

here is a crowd cell for the scene. 2 Davids and a mike 4 lol

crowd_tube_a.jpg
    800 x 400 - 25K
    edited November 2012

Ready for more?

M4 30's suit

30s_m4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 16K
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Ready for more?

M4 30's suit

neat model pose - looks like a cool old dude

edited November 2012

Night shift.
    Head nurse and head of security; I think they make a great couple{but not till after the story}. These are for a comic of sorts, maybe an online graphic novel. The cops on patrol are up next. I need to do the news anchor and camera man, but I hit a plot issue. Zombies are way overly done, but I think if I take it back to the source it will work. As in a voodoo high priest that had been under arrest takes a drug to mimic death and the zombies have come to keep him from being autopsied before the drug wares off.

nightshift.jpg
    640 x 640 - 29K
    edited November 2012

bigh said:
    ManStan said:
    Ready for more?

M4 30's suit

neat model pose - looks like a cool old dude

One of the PITAs of genesis is I have a big selection of mil3 and 4 poses that wont work on him.

I made the character to be the mayor of the town the carnival has come too. Like I said that carnival scene got huge lol

And here is the cops. The rookie and his too proud, 5 years shy of retirement, father in law. In the story they are working night shift delivering bodys to the hospital morgue. The rookie because he is a rookie, and the father in law because, well, he is an old world cop with old world habits ;)

Edit to add: The dark shadows on the arms are an HDRI issue with transparency. I can but haven't fixed it in the scene. If I remember right I need to use the alpha mask in the transparency channel.

rookypro.jpg
    600 x 450 - 18K
    edited November 2012

Have I ever mentioned how I love big women?

amozon.jpg
    600 x 800 - 55K
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:

now now ;-)

edited November 2012

bigh said:
    ManStan said:

now now ;-)

I'm a fan http://amazoneve.com/ she is just so tallll :gulp: and all fully fine female. :-)

edited December 1969

How about a couple of rooms, unfinished scenes. Like I said I spend a lot of time just loading and tweaking stuff. I'm actually way behind and have a dozen or so DAZ ready scenes to load and work up; reset textures and lighting.

Gothic bedroom. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/reflections-victorian-bedroom

gtbed.jpg
    800 x 600 - 34K
    edited December 1969

And the smoking room http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-smoking-room Been working on it for ages, still not happy with it.

smoking.jpg
    800 x 600 - 58K