Bulk install daz products

muller252muller252 Posts: 42
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, Is it possible to bulk install daz products, like with .rar files? Wouls there be any software available for this?

Comments

• edited December 1969

There was a commercial product to do bulk installs, but it was discontinued because DAZ kept changing the installers and breaking the product.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

However, DAZ is in the process of moving to zip files - I think some items are already coming in zip format - with an optional install manager to handle installing for those who don't want to do it by hand.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

However, DAZ is in the process of moving to zip files - I think some items are already coming in zip format - with an optional install manager to handle installing for those who don't want to do it by hand.

And then I will be able to use my free, lovely ExtractNow! :-)

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there any news on when its going to be available Richard?

The post that mentioned it in the old forums made it sound like it would be released with the new store, but that hasn't eventuated. Is the delay due to the store issues, or its it not ready yet?

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I've been dying for this change over to happen too.

I won't install DS4.5 until the zip files start turning up. My last organize / install task was a two week ordeal that I'd rather not repeat.

Also hoping that Taosoft's wonderful 3D Content Downloader is functional again. The software was nirvana for having to redownload pages and pages of products.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I've seen reports of some content already being in zip files (proper ones, not the Mac installers in zips) but there's been no official update that I know of, nor any sign of the Install Manager.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

muller252 said:
    Hi, Is it possible to bulk install daz products, like with .rar files? Wouls there be any software available for this?

I use 7-zip for this. With os/right click integration enabled, highlight all > right click > choose extract options.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • muller252muller252 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

That sounds all very good. I've been terrified of of installing everything on my new mac. I've decided to partition it and install windows instead of trying to get everything for mac os, plus lion doesn't support power pc files anymore.