"Dynamic Supersuit Set 3 The Mystics" Helpers

abimationabimation Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

OK totally newbie question but I'm on a deadline and can't find it anywhere.

Is there a tutorial on how to link the helpers to the "Dynamic Supersuit Set 3 The Mystics" capes?
I've got my M5 and V5 supersuits set up, but can't place correctly or morph the capes.

Comments

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have linked the youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgYkBvmySug&feature=plcp

In order to use the helpers/controllable loops you have to do an animated drape where you go from a character T-pose into your target pose in lets say 15 frames. In that 15 frame you will move the helpers to a position that will help with where you want the cape to fall. They will influence the simulation to go to your target direction.

• abimationabimation Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    Yes, I have linked the youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgYkBvmySug&feature=plcp

In order to use the helpers/controllable loops you have to do an animated drape where you go from a character T-pose into your target pose in lets say 15 frames. In that 15 frame you will move the helpers to a position that will help with where you want the cape to fall. They will influence the simulation to go to your target direction.

Many thanks it worked perfectly. :-)

edited December 1969

Done with my male superhero but, the female character is taller than usual (V5 Supermodel) and when loading the cape, it lands way below the shoulders.
    So is there a way to get the cape higher prior to draping?

edited December 1969

abimation, are you sure you have Genesis selected when you load the cape? Both Mystery and Mystic capes should load a bit under or over the shoulder on a T-pose but not too much so that as soon as you simulate it falls into place. can i see a screenshot of how it loads for you?

edited November 2012

SimonWM first of all many thanks for your quick response.

To answer your question yes I did have Genesis selected and through Smart Content/Wardrobe I selected Mystic Cape V5 Supermodel.
    After 3 single frame drapes it was much better but still went through her armpits.
    To recheck i just did it again and If I load Mystery Cape M5 Hero (open) it rests much better on her (but I need the other one)
    Here is a mix of screen shots (with no drape done).

Hmmmm BTW is there a way to get rid of the high collar on Mystery Cape M5 Hero?

Cape_Screenshot.jpg
    1919 x 1162 - 800K
    Post edited by abimation on
    edited December 1969

The capes should load like on my screens on a default Victoria 5 supermodel (sanz the Genesis mesh holes from my Quadro graphic drivers.). From your screen I suspect your character has been scaled. If you want it to work with a scaled character or morphed character you will have much better results if you do an animated drape. start the first frame with a T-pose and defaul V5 supermodel and then on another frame, lets say frame 15 turn on the morphs/scaling that transforms her into your character.

Mystic.jpg
    1920 x 1164 - 263K
    scale.jpg
    1920 x 1164 - 223K