Twinkie no more! (random silliness)

RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Looks like twinkies are going to go bankrupt. I don't eat them and haven't since I can't remember when, but people claim they will miss them. Does anybody even eat these things or are they like classic novels, you know oft talked about rarely read or eaten in this case. Do we have a 3d twinkie somewhere? Should be easy to model one if not.

Oh the humanity. :ohh:

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

The chances of Twinkies actually vanishing from store shelves are approximately zero. The only question is which company will end up making them.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

The chances of Twinkies actually vanishing from store shelves are approximately zero. The only question is which company will end up making them.

Used to love Twinkies when I was a kid, but that faded as I aged, along with many other things in my life.

Off Topic. I just love your name Murgatroyd.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

True, someone will pay a pretty penny to keep the franchise going. Really sad 1800 whiners listened to the union, now all of them are jobless, good going.

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Eh-eh no union talk this is random silliness... I don't care if they never come back to market. I used to like Drakes cakes and Hostess killed those. Nothing tastes the same to me anyway. I have family and friends who live in the south that beg for Drakes products, but I tell them they are just not what they remember tasting.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

AND TWINKIES ARE SAVED, YAAAY!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-16/pabst-owner-metropoulos-is-considering-bid-for-hostess-brands.html

... Right when i was about to buy stock in Little Debbies, too, durnit...

edited December 1969

You gotta be kidding me. Any South Park fans here remember "the poor kid"? :lol:
    Twinkies + Pabst blue ribbon= Honey Boo Boo

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Hey!

I resemble that remark, romancefantasy...

Correction, FSMC, that would be over 18,000 out of a job (if no one steps up).

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Hey!

I resemble that remark, romancefantasy...

Correction, FSMC, that would be over 18,000 out of a job (if no one steps up).

The 18,500 are out of jobs regardless. Even if the brands are bought, Hostess the company is dead.

Not good for those families going into the holidays.

Kendall

edited December 1969

But this thread is all about the Twinkie. People are hoarding them already. I think if you must have bad cake products then buy a box of cake mix and make your own. It is not that hard. In fact when I was younger I saw an episode of Donahue where this lady gave out a copycat recipe for twinkies. Well I come from a baking family so I wanted to impress the family with home made twinkies. Guess what happened.

Made everybody sick! Acid indigestion. I remember the nasty feeling in my gut after eating those things. The recipe for the cream as I recall was shortening, milk and sugar. Yep grease sugar and milk.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited November 2012

You can get them on EBay! LOL

twinkies_died.jpg
    474 x 373 - 63K
    2012-11-16-twinkiedeath.jpg
    600 x 558 - 121K
    Post edited by Wiccan1 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

what does this mean for the fate of snoballs? luvs the pink coconut goodness

snoball.jpg
    509 x 169 - 24K
  • DoricDoric Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

If pabst bought it, then it goes on my list of products to avoid completely. Pabst made their business making the toxic byproduct of a fungal organism of decay and putting it in bottles, they'll get nothing from me. Too bad they're not the ones that are going out of business.

Um, yes. I have a rabid hatred for anyone making or selling alcohol, the worlds greatest training drug. I'd wish some legitimate business would have picked Hostess up instead of [unprintable, unprintable, unprintable] makers of bottled brain rot.

D.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Doric said:
    If pabst bought it, then it goes on my list of products to avoid completely. Pabst made their business making the toxic byproduct of a fungal organism of decay and putting it in bottles, they'll get nothing from me. Too bad they're not the ones that are going out of business.

Um, yes. I have a rabid hatred for anyone making or selling alcohol, the worlds greatest training drug. I'd wish some legitimate business would have picked Hostess up instead of [unprintable, unprintable, unprintable] makers of bottled brain rot.

D.

Yeast is technically not a fungus, but....

My favorite Twinkie product placement was in the trucker's lunchbox in Ghost Rider 2.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

mmmmm Twinkies and Beer!!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This thread needs a lolcat or two

twinkies_lolcat.jpg
    500 x 375 - 34K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Too bad I'm too busy right now to render a fake one-page superhero strip, where things aren't resolved by Twinkies because there aren't any left... :coolhmm:

Feel free to steal the idea, though - I doubt I'm the only one to have thought of it.