Daz Studio 4.5 Unable to render, mo rendering engine available

ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

I decided to take the plunge and try DS 4.5 but now when I try to render I get this message:

Unable to render, no rendering engine available

Was working fine with Ds 4 so wondering if anyone knows what is causing it.

with this PC I'm on win XP pro with 3 gig of ram.

Cheers

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What's the log file have to say?

That sounds like the message that shows up in the dialog/error box...there should be more detail in the log.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Well I tried a reinstall and that didn't do anything.

Can someone remind me how to find the log file?

edited December 1969

Ha found the log file.

here are a few lines that might be relevant.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzdelightrenderer.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzdelightrenderer.dll:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzscriptedrenderer.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzscriptedrenderer.dll:

WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    Total class factories: 1198
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Fragment info

edited December 1969

artbyphil said:
    Ha found the log file.

here are a few lines that might be relevant.

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzdelightrenderer.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzdelightrenderer.dll:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzscriptedrenderer.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzscriptedrenderer.dll:

Well...slightly more helpful.

What are your machine specs? (Yes, XP and 3 gigs of RAM...video card, CPU, etc)

Did you uninstall 4 before installing 4.5?

What is the date/version/info on those two dlls (the path they should be found is listed in what I quoted..just right click on them and select Properties...that should give the info).

edited December 1969

When I installed 4.5 it uninstalled version 4. I've also manually uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that makes a difference.

Yea it is a pretty old PC but it always run DS well up till now. Maybe I'll have to stick to an older version on here and put the new version on the laptop. I've not risked it on there yet.

Here's more info:

Processor: AMD XP 2.4
    Graphics card: GeForce FX 5500

The dates on the dlls are:

dzdelightrenderer.dll 16 November 2012, 22:28:53

dzscriptedrenderer.dll 16 November 2012, 22:28:54

edited December 1969

Well one possible problem...that's an OpenGL 1.4 card and the minimum required OpenGL version of 4.5 is 1.6. (2.2 is the minimum recommended version).

And the probably killer...AMD XP 2.4...4.5 requires a dual core processor.

edited December 1969

I missed that bit of info about needing a dule core.!

OK I'll uninstall and attempt to find my version 4 to put back on.

what was the last version of 4 released?

I'll give this a go on the laptop which is an i3 duel core , hopefully I'll have more success.

I must get a new desktop PC when money allows

thanks for the help.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Well one possible problem...that's an OpenGL 1.4 card and the minimum required OpenGL version of 4.5 is 1.6. (2.2 is the minimum recommended version).

It doesn't REQUIRE a dual-core. I've successfully run 4.5.1.6 on a single core celeron on a 32 bit chipset. It wasn't too terribly pleasant but it DOES work. The OpenGL layer level shouldn't affect 3Delight in software rendering mode. Besides that, the error that's being thrown is from Windows before 3DL can even start.

The problem is most likely a runtime mismatch on the DLLs in Windows.

The first thing to do is to make sure that Windows is fully updated, then uninstall DS4.5 and then manually delete the "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4" folder as well as the "Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service" folder.

Then reboot the system to clear and reload the OS. Then load the proper version (bit level) of 4.5.1.6 for your OS.

Kendall

edited December 1969

cheers, I'll give that a try later see what happens.

I've also got ds3 on this PC could that be something to do with the problem ?

wanted to keep that on as it runs better but wanted D's 4 for Genesis.

edited December 1969

artbyphil said:
    cheers, I'll give that a try later see what happens.

I've also got ds3 on this PC could that be something to do with the problem ?

wanted to keep that on as it runs better but wanted D's 4 for Genesis.

DS3 shouldn't cause a problem.

Kendall

edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:

It doesn't REQUIRE a dual-core. I've successfully run 4.5.1.6 on a single core celeron on a 32 bit chipset. It wasn't too terribly pleasant but it DOES work. The OpenGL layer level shouldn't affect 3Delight in software rendering mode. Besides that, the error that's being thrown is from Windows before 3DL can even start.

The first thing to do is to make sure that Windows is fully updated, then uninstall DS4.5 and then manually delete the "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4" folder as well as the "Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service" folder.

Then reboot the system to clear and reload the OS. Then load the proper version (bit level) of 4.5.1.6 for your OS.

Kendall

OK tried that but still no success I'm afraid.

Everything else in the program works fine just will not render.

Think it just doesn't like this computer for some reason

UPDATE:

Just altered the render settings to number 3 and it renders then but on higher quality it does not. I assume the fault is that my graphics card will not work with this version of 3D delight so its back to version 4 I suppose.

Post edited by Artbyphil on
    edited November 2012

artbyphil said:
    mjc1016 said:

Kendall

OK tried that but still no success I'm afraid.

Everything else in the program works fine just will not render.

Think it just doesn't like this computer for some reason

UPDATE:

Just altered the render settings to number 3 and it renders then but on higher quality it does not. I assume the fault is that my graphics card will not work with this version of 3D delight so its back to version 4 I suppose.

Mode 3 actually uses the card MORE than the software only Mode 4. This is starting to sound more like a lack of resources. What else is running in the system at the time (my previous question was vaguely phrased)

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Only had the usual windows stuff running. no other main programs. i wonder if its something to do with the open GL support.

Is this version a lot more intensive than version 4 as with that I've had photoshop and Bryce running at the same time and still render with no problem.

edited December 1969

I think it is the change from 10.0.5 to 10.0.6x in 3Delight...

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I'd try redownloading DS 4. Uninstall the program, make sure the two dlls are erased by the uninstaller, and if not delete them manually, then install DS.

edited November 2012

ReDave said:
    I'd try redownloading DS 4. Uninstall the program, make sure the two dlls are erased by the uninstaller, and if not delete them manually, then install DS.

OK I've tried that , uninstalled and deleted everything I could find from the old installation. Still no success I'm afraid. I'm

Really not sure whats happening here. I wonder if it could be my graphics card not supporting the correct open GL or something.

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • edited December 1969

Just uninstalled studio 4, downloaded the newest stable version, also deleted the folder from the drive, reinstalled, still getting the same error. I've given this a year now, and still no real solution. I'd like to use Studio 4, but if I cant render, it seems pointless.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    edited December 2013

It is NOT the graphic card. For some reasons I don't know, DS doesn't accept your install path, wich is completly unaccaptable. Had the same problem, posted it and it is not addressed yet. That is the reason, why I kicked out DS from my system. Try this: unistall DS completley and reinstall into a different path, might work best, if you use default install settings. (oh Lord, we're not in 1995 anymore)

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It is NOT the graphic card. For some reasons I don't know, DS doesn't accept your install path, wich is completly unaccaptable. Had the same problem, posted it and it is not addressed yet. That is the reason, why I kicked out DS from my system. Try this: unistall DS completley and reinstall into a different path, might work best, if you use default install settings. (oh Lord, we're not in 1995 anymore)

But he is using the default path.

edited December 1969

hmmm, it helped for me to use a different install path than before. I wonder when they will fix it.

edited December 2013

Well, nobody seems to care. to bad.

Post edited by Masterstroke on