Mystical Touch -- Does the crystal glow?

pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
edited December 1969 in New Users

Anyone know if the crystals (the orb part of the staff) glows. I keep thinking I'd have to add lighting to get the same glow effect I see in the renders. I see in the material listing it comes with lights. Do those lights put the glow?

Here's the link for those who are wondering which product I'm talking about. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mystical-touch

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I does say the Lighting comes with the Set. But it's not clear if the glow is part of the lighting set. Very good question.

EDIT: it says Glow in LOW lighting, sounds like the Textures are set with a Ambient glow built in.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I does say the Lighting comes with the Set. But it's not clear if the glow is part of the lighting set. Very good question.

EDIT: it says Glow in LOW lighting, sounds like the Textures are set with a Ambient glow built in.

Cool. Thanks. I'm going to use your comment as a hint and try ambient in some of my other renders and see if it'll add a glow to other props as well.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ambient only makes the item glow. It does NOT cast light on other items.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Mystical touch does have lighting sets included, and Art Collab are very good with lights.

However you can always ask them how they did it. They have a thread going here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11204/ all about their next forthcoming project, and I can tell you that Ann will answer a question about another of their sets in this thread, she is a lovely lady.

Tell her I sent you over from the new users forum to ask, and she will be very happy, as she is the DAZ_Person who runs the CVs who run this forum.

But yes, Ambient settings can make things glow.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Thanks a bundle everyone. Changing the ambient setting was exactly what I was looking for.