JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,114
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Well the discount never applied for me. So I opened up a support ticket. They'll get it all back before the month is out, I suspect.

Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't hear anything in the next few days let me know and I'll try and chase it up for you.

:)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

some of my recent JT product renders.....

TheChurchMouse.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 306K
    The_Golem.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 370K
    TheDeathAgent.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 398K
    Dino-attack-01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 388K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Well the discount never applied for me. So I opened up a support ticket. They'll get it all back before the month is out, I suspect.

Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't hear anything in the next few days let me know and I'll try and chase it up for you.

They got right back to me with the discount. Store credit I can even apply to PC items.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...guess Leela got lost in all the excitement.

...oh well.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...oh well.

Sorry Kyoto! I'd say more 'madness' than excitement ;)

It's a nice pic :) nice to see some of the old Curious items about. How did Leela get on with that beer? I heard it's pretty strong ;)

edited December 1969

Nice work - I think I like the Death Agent one the best ;) Are they part of a collection or something?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    JOdel said:

They got right back to me with the discount. Store credit I can even apply to PC items.

Ah, that's good to hear :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Just a heads up, I'll be away this weekend with the wife - but will try and look in if I can. Just don't panic if I don't reply until Monday.

Look forward to seeing some Souk renders when I return!

Have a great weekend!
    I'm planning to cook up a typical Totte-render ;-)

Thanks, you too!

Look forward to it ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Now when Jack has left the house he built, let's have a party!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Now when Jack has left the house he built, let's have a party!

*peers through the window, with sad puppy-dog eyes*

lol

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...oh well.

It's a nice pic :) nice to see some of the old Curious items about. How did Leela get on with that beer? I heard it's pretty strong ;)
    ...she's a tough little lady, been through a war, the ale "agrees" very well with her.

I have the entire the Curious series. They work so well for whimsical stories (like the Lemony Snicket ones).

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...oh well.

...she's a tough little lady, been through a war, the ale "agrees" very well with her.

I have the entire the Curious series. They work so well for whimsical stories (like the Lemony Snicket ones).

Sounds like my kinda gal! :D

edited December 1969

Nice work - I think I like the Death Agent one the best ;) Are they part of a collection or something?

They were all done for the 31 days of Hell contest last month at DSA. This years theme was Monsters. This year was my 3rd time completely 31 images in 31 days.

The Death Agent was semi inspired by Frank Frazetta's Death Dealers. I wanted to come up with my own version, something more personal to me. I think they may show up in future works.

edited December 1969

As promised: Tourist Trap!

Souk + Carneval Midway tent by Master Jack

Tourist_trap_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 256K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

.That brings up what's next on my JackieT hope-list: the diner's kitchen! Also, do you know what I'm doing wrong with the glass on the coffee pots, condiments, and soda-bottles? Those are your original textures, and I'm using DAZStudio4.5's standard distant lights, nothing else.

Hmm, sorry didn't spot this until just now.. erm, I don't know is the honest answer. I will have to have a look and see if 4.5 is rendering it differently to how it does in 3.x

Bear with me a few.
    Tried again, and after a few hour messing with various Surface setting I realized that in the Render settings I still had my Max Raytrace Depth set on the default: 1. :red: For glass (which reflects internally) it has to be at least 2. That fixed it, I'll post a render later.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited November 2012

.That brings up what's next on my JackieT hope-list: the diner's kitchen! Also, do you know what I'm doing wrong with the glass on the coffee pots, condiments, and soda-bottles? Those are your original textures, and I'm using DAZStudio4.5's standard distant lights, nothing else.

Hmm, sorry didn't spot this until just now.. erm, I don't know is the honest answer. I will have to have a look and see if 4.5 is rendering it differently to how it does in 3.x

Bear with me a few.

Tried again, and after a few hour messing with various Surface setting I realized that in the Render settings I still had my Max Raytrace Depth set on the default: 1. :red: For glass (which reflects internally) it has to be at least 2. That fixed it, I'll post a render later.

Here it is -- you'll notice the various glass things (coffee pots, coke bottles, salt/pepper/sugar shakers) are much improved from my previous version. DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

. . . grew up to be an astronaut.
    GrewUptobeanAstronautx2000.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 1020K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Looking good!

Ah yea, I never thought to say about the raytrace depth! Glad to hear it's sorted though :)

edited December 1969

how was your weekend Jack?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    As promised: Tourist Trap!

Souk + Carneval Midway tent by Master Jack

Nice render! :)

edited December 1969

Really nice thanks, good to catch up with some friends.. drank far to much though Friday night so was suffering for the rest of the weekend ;)

edited December 1969

I didn't think it was possible to drink too much, you drink and drink and drink, puke, then drink some more

edited December 1969

Well, I found my limits, then pushed passed them.. lol

edited December 1969

Really nice thanks, good to catch up with some friends.. drank far to much though Friday night so was suffering for the rest of the weekend ;)
    Hydration, guys! Nine hangovers out of ten that are blamed on too much alcohol are actually caused by too little water -- you should be drinking at least as much water as everything else, the more the better. I'm not saying water your drinks, just slug some back every third shot or so.

edited December 1969

Hydration, guys! Nine hangovers out of ten that are blamed on too much alcohol are actually caused by too little water -- you should be drinking at least as much water as everything else, the more the better. I'm not saying water your drinks, just slug some back every third shot or so.

Very true!.. school-boy error on my part ;)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Have to laugh!! and just for meanness sake point out that another issue could be age .......the older you get the less your body will tolerate and the longer it takes to recover!!!What we could drink in our early 20's ain't what we can drink now ......have a nice day anyway!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

At least you enjoyed Friday....LOL Perhaps working 70 plus hours a week leaves no time to play hence binging when you get a chance. ;)

Anyway no harm done....yet...

Had a play this weekend with area lighting, AOA Atmospheric Cams, Uber Point Lights and general postwork.

SouksSoul1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 576K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Ooh lovely render Szark.

edited December 1969

...indeed, nice lighting and effect.

-----

Yeah, a few pints and I'm pretty much done for the evening these days. Of course that is of fine handcrafted ale (which is in abundance where I live) instead of the normal industrial swill.

Occasionally will have a glass of small batch Bourbon, Irish whiskey or Polish Potato Wodka, and when I feel flush (which is rare these days), a fine single malt Scots Whiskey. No more cheap "well" drinks and no more of those fancy get-you-drunk-quick ones like Zombies, Singapore Slings or Long Islands.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    At least you enjoyed Friday....LOL Perhaps working 70 plus hours a week leaves no time to play hence binging when you get a chance. ;)

Had a play this weekend with area lighting, AOA Atmospheric Cams, Uber Point Lights and general postwork.

Very atmospheric! Love it :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Great one Pete!

This discussion has been closed.