Hoods, Hair, and Genesis

pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've been having a heck of a time with getting the hoods to look right. If I leave my Genesis model bald, the hood fits correctly. However, when I place the hood on a Genesis model with hair, the hair pokes through the hood... EVERYWHERE. It's like the hood conforms to the Genesis model but ignores the fact there's hair. I've tried using the hair as a collision item (if it's available). Not all the hoods have the option to select a collision item, but even then, the hood is warped.

If anyone has any tricks are techniques to share, that would be great. I'm a bit bummed I've had to remove the hoods for my renders.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Use Deformers on the Hair to push it below the Hoods surface. I know at least one item is in the store to do this easily but I forgot the name.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Cheap way that will work for some hair/hood/hat combos...

Use a sphere primitive, place it around the head shrink it to be just outside the hair, use the 'eye'-con (Scene pane) to turn it invisible...then set the hood to collide with it.

Not too expensive way that works with a wide range of them...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickle-super-hat-and-hair-fixer/95296

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Cheap way that will work for some hair/hood/hat combos...

Use a sphere primitive, place it around the head shrink it to be just outside the hair, use the 'eye'-con (Scene pane) to turn it invisible...then set the hood to collide with it.

Not too expensive way that works with a wide range of them...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickle-super-hat-and-hair-fixer/95296

That's the one, I thought it was here. No wonder I did not find it. :red:
  • pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Thank you all greatly. I've seen renderosity mentioned in the forums but have never tried the site. Guess it's time to break out of my shell. :) The product does work with DAZ, right?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,210
    edited December 1969

Another option is to do two renders, one with hair and one without. Layer the with hair one on top of the without in your image editor and erase the areas with pokethrough to leave bare hood from the lower image, while keeping the hair wheer it should be visible.

• pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Thanks... good idea. I've been neglecting Photoshop lately. I'm sure it'll be glad to have me back. :)